Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 24, 2015 at 6:16 PM Post #2,656 of 3,454
Hi everybody, I need some help with the tips. Frankly the sureseal tips are good, but they're very annoying.

1. They attract a lot of dirt that sticks on quite firmly.
2. They don't hold firmly onto the rockets, hence causing them to fall off easily. On many occasions they have been left inside my ear. What makes it worse is that they tend to expand permanently around the nozzle over time.
3. The tips are prone to folding, which makes sealing either impossible or very difficult.

With that said, I'm looking for alternatives and looking back about 20 pages, I see the spiral dots being recommended. What I want to find out is : do they hold firmly onto the rockets? Also, if I use the smallest sureseal tips, which size should I get?

Thanks!

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #2,657 of 3,454
My only complaint is that the tips don't grip the nozzles strongly enough. The tips have come off when taking the earphones out of my pockets and also got stuck in my ear once. I don't panic like a 12-year-old girl finding a spider in her underwear drawer anymore but it's still a little disconcerting. 

Feb 24, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #2,658 of 3,454
My only complaint is that the tips don't grip the nozzles strongly enough. The tips have come off when taking the earphones out of my pockets and also got stuck in my ear once. I don't panic like a 12-year-old girl finding a spider in her underwear drawer anymore but it's still a little disconcerting. 

Same experience here. You can cut a small double-sided tape and wrap it around the nozzle before putting in the tips. Helps to hold the tips in place very well.

Feb 24, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #2,659 of 3,454
Hi everybody, I need some help with the tips. Frankly the sureseal tips are good, but they're very annoying.

1. They attract a lot of dirt that sticks on quite firmly.
2. They don't hold firmly onto the rockets, hence causing them to fall off easily. On many occasions they have been left inside my ear. What makes it worse is that they tend to expand permanently around the nozzle over time.
3. The tips are prone to folding, which makes sealing either impossible or very difficult.

With that said, I'm looking for alternatives and looking back about 20 pages, I see the spiral dots being recommended. What I want to find out is : do they hold firmly onto the rockets? Also, if I use the smallest sureseal tips, which size should I get?

Thanks!

Look into some Comply T500 or TS500.

Put the T500 on in reverse, and those suckers are going nowhere 

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #2,660 of 3,454
The Rockets are available in Canada now and with the CAD in the toilet it feels a little less painful - seriously, you can't imagine what an .80c CAD dollar feels like when buying from the US.  http://www.headphonescanada.ca/earphones-iem/aurisonics-rockets So I have two questions I am hoping someone can help with:

1: Has anyone tried these as stage IEM's using the attached anti-loop? Or are they best only for music listening?
2: Has anyone tried these and got sweaty - e.g. exercising/running? do they stay in well enough? Did you use the anti-loop?

Thanks in advance.

Feb 25, 2015 at 7:58 AM Post #2,661 of 3,454
  The Rockets are available in Canada now and with the CAD in the toilet it feels a little less painful - seriously, you can't imagine what an .80c CAD dollar feels like when buying from the US.  http://www.headphonescanada.ca/earphones-iem/aurisonics-rockets So I have two questions I am hoping someone can help with:

1: Has anyone tried these as stage IEM's using the attached anti-loop? Or are they best only for music listening?
2: Has anyone tried these and got sweaty - e.g. exercising/running? do they stay in well enough? Did you use the anti-loop?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't used these as stage IEMs, and while I don't think they'd perform poorly, I don't think they'd be optimal either. Even with the anti-loops, they are only acting as an anchor to keep it from rotating, it doesn't do much to keep the wires over the ear to mitigate the microphonics. That being said, adding a pair of ear guides with the antiloops I don't imagine they'd go anywhere on stage. However, I'm not sure the tuning you are looking for, but I imagine they'd work well enough.

And these are now my official workout headphone. They've gotten sweaty, wet, the works. The only thing that hasn't happened yet is getting caught on or in a machine, so I can't say I've tested the durability of the cord or housing yet. I have to use other tips other than sureseal, because the heat of working out makes the material they used expand too much and the tip ends up falling off and getting stuck in my ear. However again, I do need ear guides to mitigate the microphonics, especially for running. When I'm at the gym and more stationary at machines and benches, it really isn't an issue at all, but even still, the ear guides are now a part of my set. When I get the mic'd version I'll be buying another set of ear guides and use it on those as well. 

Feb 25, 2015 at 9:24 AM Post #2,662 of 3,454
Excited to get my first shipment of Rockets here at Inner Sanctum Audio (auditions available in NYC).  The word from Aurisonics is that the mic version will not be available for about another month.

Feb 25, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #2,663 of 3,454
Excited to get my first shipment of Rockets here at Inner Sanctum Audio (auditions available in NYC).  The word from Aurisonics is that the mic version will not be available for about another month.

Make that at least 2 to 3 months. They are still struggling to fulfill their Kickstarter backers orders, I doubt they'll be able to release any mic versions to their dealers until they are done with the KS..

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #2,664 of 3,454
Hope that's not the case.  Most customers around here seem to want mics with in-ear models.

Feb 25, 2015 at 12:29 PM Post #2,666 of 3,454
  This is not only related to the Rockets, but I figure I'll ask here because I own them.

How do vertical and depth sound stage work on an IEM that can rotate in the ear 360 degrees?

Not much. Soundstage is the function of the time between cues hitting your eardrum, and the intensity of those vibrations. It's up to your brain to piece those together to create the sonic image. I assume that staging is not affected by the orientation of an IEM, as long as the insertion depth, etc, remain the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back