Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 21, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,641 of 3,454

im considering either this or Final Audio Heaven IV / V for my endgame IEM....
i don't know which one i should buy because the review on heaven IV and V is a little scarce...

all i know is that i want an IEM that can do vocal justice, and my research came up to FA heaven or Rockets.

though to be honest, i feel a little iffy owning something called heaven... it's a little too out there for me, possessing something called heaven.

I have a hard time imagining vocals sounding much better then on the Rockets. I also have a hard time imaging a much better built and good fitting IEM.

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #2,643 of 3,454
These have been my end games for awhile now. Such a diminutive size for an iem (I wear them without the tabs, as should everyone really). The warranty and durability really makes these perfect. I use them on my runs and on the subway. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 7:31 PM Post #2,644 of 3,454
  price doesn't mean anything...tuning is the key, thanks eke for the 1plus summary...anyways I'm still going to get it unless those supra is better somehow :relieved:

No, I'm stating that the price for some people means a lot. For example, If you bought the dunu2000 and became disappointed by their $300 sound, and then followed it up with a sony H3 for $350 and became disappointed once again, you will lose hope in other brands to satiate your sound cravings at the $250+ range.

This didn't happen to me since I still buy $250+ headphones. However, for those headfiers that did not know about the aurisonic rockets sounding better than their predecessors and other earphone brands (subjective I know, but I am going by someone else's comment about the aurisonic fanbase having problems with the first two ASG earphones).

I know that the amount of drivers on the earphone, or the type of driver used to emit sound on headphones/earphones do not matter either. There are people who say the Dual dynamic products sound better than single dynamic, or the ba earphones sound better than dynamics, but like you said mo, it's in the tuning. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #2,647 of 3,454
I have a hard time imagining vocals sounding much better then on the Rockets. I also have a hard time imaging a much better built and good fitting IEM.

I experienced the EX1000 vocals as more airy/spacious but like the Rockets more everywhere else.

Feb 21, 2015 at 10:29 PM Post #2,648 of 3,454
No, I'm stating that the price for some people means a lot. For example, If you bought the dunu2000 and became disappointed by their $300 sound, and then followed it up with a sony H3 for $350 and became disappointed once again, you will lose hope in other brands to satiate your sound cravings at the $250+ range.

This didn't happen to me since I still buy $250+ headphones. However, for those headfiers that did not know about the aurisonic rockets sounding better than their predecessors and other earphone brands (subjective I know, but I am going by someone else's comment about the aurisonic fanbase having problems with the first two ASG earphones).

I know that the amount of drivers on the earphone, or the type of driver used to emit sound on headphones/earphones do not matter either. There are people who say the Dual dynamic products sound better than single dynamic, or the ba earphones sound better than dynamics, but like you said mo, it's in the tuning. 

One main reason is because they haven't ramp up their retail units and market them properly. Not surprising since many including me haven't received ours which we backed from KS. Granted mine is a mic version.
The 1 year wait for a simple single dynamic driver IEM even with their "indestructible" construction reflects poorly on their management and planning IMO. If they accept order cancellation and refunds I would have done it months ago.

Feb 22, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #2,650 of 3,454
You won't know how bright the Rockets are for you until you try them. The treble peak lies at different frequencies and amplitudes for different people.

Feb 22, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #2,651 of 3,454
I thought they sounded cleaner up top then the ER4 I tried. Also, the bass was quite tight on the Rockets but actually there to move so less unnatural then the etys to my ears, hehe. Vocals were very clear on both but better balanced on the Rockets.

Feb 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,652 of 3,454
So I am having a small problem with my Rockets. I called Aurisonics - awesome customer service - they agreed to fix it with an ETA of 2 days! 

That's just awesome!

It's so cool to have an IEM manufacturer with a 5-year warranty. After my GR07 BE's spontaneously broke down, it feels like paradise knowing you never have to worry about being a hefty sum of $$$ down because of IEM producers that don't have confidence in their products.

Feb 23, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #2,653 of 3,454
So I am having a small problem with my Rockets. I called Aurisonics - awesome customer service - they agreed to fix it with an ETA of 2 days! 

That's just awesome!

It's so cool to have an IEM manufacturer with a 5-year warranty. After my GR07 BE's spontaneously broke down, it feels like paradise knowing you never have to worry about being a hefty sum of $$$ down because of IEM producers that don't have confidence in their products.

What was the problem if you don't mind sharing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back