Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 18, 2015 at 8:54 AM Post #2,611 of 3,454
  But seriously it may be too mid centric for popularity. It seems like people love v-shaped IEMs, maybe because its easier to hear over background noise?

because it's more impressive on audition? because people like their bass?
yeah mid-centric has it's place and fans, which is why i'm here. Though i'm also considering Final Audio fferings though...

Feb 18, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #2,612 of 3,454
  is there a reason why rockets is not more popular on head-fi?
im toying around with the idea of buying this.

well i have no budget for it, it's either this or the fiio x3k haha...

I think one big reason why it isn't hyped, is because before introduction of ASG-1Plus and Rockets, the offerings from Aurisonics had a very different house sound.
Not many took a liking to it, from what I see locally (Singapore). Hence, now even with a change, people are apprehensive to actually try. 

Feb 18, 2015 at 9:07 PM Post #2,614 of 3,454
I'm ready of offload my backup pair of black and grey Rockets with stock everything if anyone is interested. Given the apparent durability of these, I don't think a backup pair is really necessary. Plus more people should hear how awesome the Rockets are.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #2,616 of 3,454
I'm ready of offload my backup pair of black and grey Rockets with stock everything if anyone is interested. Given the apparent durability of these, I don't think a backup pair is really necessary. Plus more people should hear how awesome the Rockets are.

I've bought some cheaper IEM that I intended to use as backup of Rockets when I just owned it. But I just sold it anyway, I couldn't see when would I use a backup IEM for this.

Feb 19, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #2,617 of 3,454

Because there is not enough presence.

These headphones are the best! But barely anyone has heard of them. Aurisonics needs to do some marketing.

Feb 20, 2015 at 12:53 PM Post #2,621 of 3,454

Maybe because it has such a nondescript look? It really doesn't look like a flagship or anything close to one. I'm not saying it's ugly, it's just that the people over at Aurisonics seem to have taken a utilitarian approach to its design, which I'm actually in favor of. Maybe people look at it and think, "$250 for that? It doesn't look expensive enough." Just a guess....I'm looking to get a second-hand pair, myself.

Feb 20, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #2,622 of 3,454
I think a couple reasons why they aren't as popular include the way they go in ear as the wire sticks straight out which looks kinda goofy and makes it difficult for some people to wear over ear, and if you don't wear it over the ear, you get some decent microphonics with how deep the wire wire goes into the casing.

Also, the colour of the wire that they have is a love it or hate it I feel, paying that much you hope that you like the look, so that turns done people away. People might also be interested in the Kickstarter versions where they got to choose shell colour and a black wire so they hold off.

Finally I think that they really screwed up their Kickstarter project with delays and minimal communication with their backers about what was going which might have discouraged people from buying from aurisonic again.

Feb 20, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,625 of 3,454
  How would these be underneath a helmet?

One of the first videos Aurisonics did of people reviewing the demo model was of a biker, who said they were great. As I don't ride, I can't say myself, but I can't imagine they'd be at all bothersome under a helmet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back