Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Feb 6, 2015 at 7:21 PM Post #2,583 of 3,454
Anyone else have an issue with the jack sometimes popping out on these? It sometimes does that with little help on my X3 though it fits much better on my laptop.

Yeah, is only on the Fiio daps, I have a fiio e18 and it doesn't have any problems with that, but at the same time I don't have problems with any other headphones on my x1. Weird stuff

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #2,584 of 3,454
I use a cayin c5 amp with my dx90 LO - the rockets occasionally pop out of the c5. I'll have to sit it in my bag such that the jack is top down, but even then sometimes it comes out. 

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #2,585 of 3,454
To solve the cable over the ear issue.

I've purchase
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311160235843?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Then use thread to tie the cable

How I wish that this was delivered to me

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #2,586 of 3,454
A couple of days in and I'm enjoying these immensely. As someone who listens to a lot of music with acoustic instruments, the highest praise I can give audio equipment is to call them musical. These are definitely musical. 

Feb 8, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #2,587 of 3,454
  To solve the cable over the ear issue.

I've purchase
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311160235843?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Then use thread to tie the cable

How I wish that this was delivered to me

Why didn't you just get some regular cable guides? 

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:16 PM Post #2,589 of 3,454
  Have tried those cheap silicon cable guide. But due to the stiffness of the cable, it keep slipping out of the guide.

Really? I've had no such issues. Though I am actively looking for a better set of cable guides, but the ones I got off of eBay serve me nicely.

Feb 12, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,591 of 3,454
  Have no issue in mine too, though my earhook feels more like made of rubber. The cable once it fit in, it wont move inside. Cant even slide it to adjust, but it works perfect.

Where did you guys get yours? I've been trying to find some, but the one that shows up most often is the audeo phonak ear guides, but they don't show up on their website or they don't ship to Canada.

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:29 AM Post #2,592 of 3,454

Where did you guys get yours? I've been trying to find some, but the one that shows up most often is the audeo phonak ear guides, but they don't show up on their website or they don't ship to Canada.

I got it from my local shop, I guess it is a local brand too (Indonesia). The price is cheap about US$1,5. Was looking for the white/transparent one but it sold out and they only had the black.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #2,594 of 3,454
Well, I'm on board. Had mine for about a week now. Was wanting something very durable with good isolation for my new job, and was enticed by their sound sig as described by you guys, form factor(not too long like the ER4), aaaaand I figured as a patriot I ought to have at least one All-American earphone.

tongue.gif
 (Yes, that's Stephen Colbert)

Speaking of durability, here's a guy pulling his car with his Rockets! 
eek.gif

I wouldn't try it.

The simple packaging was simply awesome. Everything you need in a handy tin can - that's all I need. I like the tips a lot. Had a bit of a learning curve there as they're so grippy they were difficult to insert deeply at first, but now that I've got that down they stay in just fine without me having to make the occasional adjustment or anything like that. I'm also using them with the tri-tabs, as the antiloops seem pretty close to pointless. At the very least the tri-tabs provide a little extra isolation and help with a secure fit somewhat. Been running with them and everything and they haven't fallen out or even came loose, really. Haven't tried them without the tri-tabs yet. I'm able to wear them over-the-ear without much trouble; the cable fights it some at first but once I have them secured it stays put.

As far as sound goes, DEM MIDS! I guess I can't say anything about them(and the sound in general) that hasn't already been said a bunch of times in this thread.

^^^I've listened to this song like hundreds of times. I wuv it. And yet I'm noticing during the final chorus, background vocals I had never noticed before with any of my other IEMs. I'm sure I could go back now that I know they're there and hear them with other 'phones, but with the Rockets they were like "HEY! There's this lady in the background and you need to hear what she has to say."
wink.gif

Very unique earphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back