Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Nov 24, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #2,266 of 3,454
When all of the updates are about how the team is very small and it makes it hard to pump out kits like a factory, while also updating the KS backers, I definitely think they need to finish the rockets campaign completely first...
I'm not sure about that. The development and the shipment of the two are very likely different processes.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:34 PM Post #2,267 of 3,454
Just got my Rockets from Earphone Solutions.   Coming from an AS2 with custom cord, two obvious differences is I had to turn the volume up 2x plus for the Rockets over the AS2 and the Rockets are brighter.   My definition the brightness is that they make the AS2 sound muddy from top to bottom.   Voices/mids are clearer/cleaner and more in front   Using meelec biflange tips the bass sounds much more prominent than the Noble 4's I recently sold, yet not defining the music like the AS2 bass.  The Aurisonic intimate house sound is still there for me and leaving a good first impression.
L3000.gif

Am I assuming correctly that the red cable is left???

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #2,268 of 3,454
  Just got my Rockets from Earphone Solutions.   Coming from an AS2 with custom cord, two obvious differences is I had to turn the volume up 2x plus for the Rockets over the AS2 and the Rockets are brighter.   My definition the brightness is that they make the AS2 sound muddy from top to bottom.   Voices/mids are clearer/cleaner and more in front   Using meelec biflange tips the bass sounds much more prominent than the Noble 4's I recently sold, yet not defining the music like the AS2 bass.  The Aurisonic intimate house sound is still there for me and leaving a good first impression.
L3000.gif

Am I assuming correctly that the red cable is left???

Red for Right. I always remember because they both start with R.

Nov 24, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #2,269 of 3,454
Thanks. Now they sound worse, LOL, just kidding!!

Actually, as others have mentioned, Dale has rewritten the book on sibilance. Of course, Dale is not a cable kind of guy as evidenced by the junk cable on the AS2 and what the "titanium" bombproof cable on the Rockets?? Cables are a big part of the SQ from my meager IEM experiences and not to be overlooked. I'm also getting a very poor connection at the plug.   It won't stay tight in my player.  Keeps coming loose.   Anyone else have this issue???

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #2,270 of 3,454

Actually, as others have mentioned, Dale has rewritten the book on sibilance. Of course, Dale is not a cable kind of guy as evidenced by the junk cable on the AS2 and what the "titanium" bombproof cable on the Rockets?? Cables are a big part of the SQ from my meager IEM experiences and not to be overlooked. I'm also getting a very poor connection at the plug.   It won't stay tight in my player.  Keeps coming loose.   Anyone else have this issue???

I've never had that issue. The plug is big certainly, but the step has allowed me to securely put it into anything I plug it into.

As for the cable, it is just Kevlar reinforced and quad anchored. The internals of the cable I don't know about, but I don't doubt that they are bad cables. The ASG-2 stock cable isn't as bad as you are making it out to be,imho. Not the best cable but for a cable at the price point it was more than good enough. 

In fact, the rockets have one of the best stock cables I've ever seen on an IEM, it is well built and it has no memory. And since I can't change it I can't say whether a better cable would make a significant difference or not, but I'm rather pleased with the cable on the rockets over all... The only downside is microphonics....

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #2,271 of 3,454

I'm having the same issue with you too! The plug is tight but upon little moves or jerk it will disconnect from the player. But it does stay well connected with iphone. :confused:

Nov 24, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #2,272 of 3,454
I'm having the same issue with you too! The plug is tight but upon little moves or jerk it will disconnect from the player. But it does stay well connected with iphone. :confused:

Pretty sure Dale said the jack was made to fit the iPhone jack when I was over there. I don't think it has the extra slack some jacks have. As for the cable I'm pretty sure they get their ASG cables from a supplier and ROCKETS cable are proprietary. I'm pretty sure they're going to do a swap over to the ROCKETS style cable for the ASG eventually.

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #2,273 of 3,454
Most everyone who replaced their ASG2 cable with an aftermarket cable  responded positively on "Eke's ASG2" thread on both build and SQ. My Nocturnal Cable is killer, with solid wiring and metal plug, not some overblown piece of plastic plug that "looks" strong.   But I'm not out to change anyone's mind.   That being said, I'm going for a refund if I can get it and my other choice was the the FAD Heaven V.     Believe me I'll check out the cable first and formost.    For me the best IEM's come with detachable cables because those designers know the importance of a good cable and give the customer the option to upgrade.  

Nov 24, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #2,274 of 3,454
Second black cabled Rockets just came in. Initial a/b between both pairs show no difference that I can detect.

Build quality seems identical, except one cable is less than half an inch longer than the other. Close enough imo.

Will update if I'm able to spot any differences after some extended comparisons.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #2,276 of 3,454
I love the cables on the Rockets. While microphonic, they have this lovely textured rubbery feel.

Agreed.  It's my favorite stock cable.  I'd pretty much take it on any fixed cable iem.

The cable on the ASG-2 was the same removable cable that virtually all CIEM's come with, which is most widely known as the Westone Epic cable.  They are just about all made by PlasticsOne with only slight variations.  I think they make the new UE cables too, which I happen to really like. The new JHA cables are made by ATI and I'm sure many have read about the early plastic collar issues.  Not sure who Noble uses but I believe theirs are unique just to them- it's pretty nice.  When I visited Aurisonics last year I got see some prototype cables they were working on that were pretty awesome but I'm not sure what ever became of them.  Anyway the market is slowly moving away from the PlasticsOne choke hold.  Estron is making inroads with their Linum line of cables that I really like and ordered my Cosmic Ears CE6P with their T2 connectors.

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:23 PM Post #2,277 of 3,454

i have a similar issue, i plug my rockets to ritmix, clip+, e07k, and cmoy and the sound is imbalance. i have to jiggle the plug up and down.

Nov 24, 2014 at 10:28 PM Post #2,278 of 3,454
Pretty sure Dale said the jack was made to fit the iPhone jack when I was over there. I don't think it has the extra slack some jacks have. As for the cable I'm pretty sure they get their ASG cables from a supplier and ROCKETS cable are proprietary. I'm pretty sure they're going to do a swap over to the ROCKETS style cable for the ASG eventually.

Yup do agree with you that the cable on rockets are really sturdy and well built. Pretty much the best fixed IEM cable. But the jack is a little huge haha. Causing it to pop out easily from players jack such as DX50, X5, E11K etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back