Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #2,238 of 3,454
Ah, but they can choose which colors to produce first, and if they've planned well, they should still be able to get the units to the backers first, so it's either poor planning, poor communication with their manufacturers, or they've decided it's more important to get their product out to retailers.

They've got some other sources helping them out putting ROCKETS together and what they get back isn't necessarily what they need. Most of these arrangements didn't happen months back when ROCKETS. I don't know how it works out between the companies helping Aurisonics out but I do know that they've got all the stock orders out and they're just waiting on the KS colours to get back to them. All the other ROCKETS that are on the market were built as they were waiting for the KS units to get to them.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #2,242 of 3,454
  Me too!

I wonder how Bluetooth will affect sound quality. And battery life. And safety.

Well, as long as they don't explode in my ears. lol I'm more worried about how comfortable they would be, given the CIEM style housing. Another thing I'm worried about is whether if they'll be able to produce these in a timely manner. I saw that the Rockets had an expected delivery date of Feb 2014. They're about 9 months late. Hopefully, they've learned from their mistakes.

Nov 23, 2014 at 3:59 AM Post #2,243 of 3,454
Good points.

By safety, I meant which type of Bluetooth receivers they will use. Some produce significantly more radiation than others.

Hopefully Aurisonics will be using Class 2 or 3 transmitters, which, while having shorter range, are much safer, using a fraction of the power of the cheaper (but longer range) Class 1 transmitters.

Class 2 or 3 Bluetooth transmitters might actually be *safer* than connecting IEMs to your phone, as your IEMs can act as an antenna, whereas wireless earphones won't!

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #2,244 of 3,454
Interesting, tusing. Ya learn something new every day. I honestly can't wait till they announce these. There are plenty of bluetooth IEMs out there, but their build & sound quality leaves much to be desired. 

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM Post #2,246 of 3,454
Interesting, tusing. Ya learn something new every day. I honestly can't wait till they announce these. There are plenty of bluetooth IEMs out there, but their build & sound quality leaves much to be desired. 

They will have to beat these

Aurisonics seems to have build quality nailed, lol. And the Rockets drivers are awesome. So if they use C2/3 Bluetooth, I think these will be the best Bluetooth earphones on the market, hands down.

Nov 23, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #2,247 of 3,454
There's a discussion thread for the Auris here :http://www.head-fi.org/t/738995/introducing-the-aurisonics-auris

Just so that some valid points do not get lost in the massive rockets thread

Nov 23, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #2,250 of 3,454
For those complaining about the delays in Rockets shipping I would say that crowd funding simply isn't for you. Out of the 61 projects I've backed I'd say maybe 2 actually shipped within a couple of weeks of the original estimated time frame, many have been delayed by more than 6 months and even a couple well over a year. Some of them haven't really lived up toexpectations either but there's no point in complaining about it because that's just the risk of getting involved with a product early in the development stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back