Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 30, 2014 at 3:04 PM Post #2,011 of 3,454

Exactly.   So this is not a case of the Rockets not having any sub-bass...this is a case of the Rockets not having enough bass for some people. 

Sure, the Rocket has less sub-bass quantity than the Tenore...but it is incorrect to claim that the Rockets are bass-light because the Tenores have more bass.

This is like saying that a Mustang is not a fast car because it is unable to beat the Bugatti Veyron. 

+1
  Since when i said it is bass light or BA-like bass? Do refer to the right person before pointing your fingers. All I said is not much sub-bass extension. 
I'm sure you are very defensive over your new toy, but hey don't shoot anyone who just have a different opinion than you

+1

Calm down, Chucky.   How do you figure I'm pointing fingers at you?

I'm not defensive over my new toy...I'm defensive over people who review models (or give opinions) without being objective.  This is almost as bad as someone giving an opinion about a model that they have not heard.

Edit: You might have thought I was pointing my finger at you because I mentioned the Tenore in my post.  I mentioned the Tenore because it is often compared to the Rockets in this  thread.

+1

please continue bickering. It's quite helpful contribution to this thread. 

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:09 PM Post #2,012 of 3,454

Calm down, Chucky.   How do you figure I'm pointing fingers at you?

I'm not defensive over my new toy...I'm defensive over people who review models (or give opinions) without being objective.  This is almost as bad as someone giving an opinion about a model that they have not heard.

Wow at the talk down, you must be a very big strong hero where you're at. Put down lots of bullies now have you? 

Exactly.   So this is not a case of the Rockets not having any sub-bass...this is a case of the Rockets not having enough bass for some people. 

Sure, the Rocket has less sub-bass quantity than the Tenore...but it is incorrect to claim that the Rockets are bass-light because the Tenores have more bass.

This is like saying that a Mustang is not a fast car because it is unable to beat the Bugatti Veyron. 

I was the only one who referred the Rocket's amount of sub-bass extension compared to Tenore. And you've slammed me for being ignorant that I "claimed" Rockets are bass-light just because Tenores have more bass. Who else are you pointing your fingers at? No one else referred to Tenore sub-bass extension with Rockets before your outburst.
I do not see how unobjective I was when I was merely sharing my opinion when the person I am talking to talks down to me like these. Who's the unobjective one here?
I do not wish for this to proceed further and I will stop here.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #2,013 of 3,454
  Wow at the talk down, you must be a very big strong hero where you're at. Put down lots of bullies now have you? 

I was the only one who referred the Rocket's amount of sub-bass extension compared to Tenore. And you've slammed me for being ignorant that I "claimed" Rockets are bass-light just because Tenores have more bass. Who else are you pointing your fingers at? No one else referred to Tenore sub-bass extension with Rockets before your outburst.
I do not see how unobjective I was when I was merely sharing my opinion when the person I am talking to talks down to me like these. Who's the unobjective one here?
I do not wish for this to proceed further and I will stop here.

I never called you ignorant...and I never slammed you for anything. 

Who else are you pointing your fingers at? No one else referred to Tenore sub-bass extension with Rockets before your outburst.

No?   Go back and read through this thread.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #2,014 of 3,454
  Woohoo! Part of the Rocket club. I'm sure I'm not the first one to have this thought, but if I had to some up my first impression in a word, it would be "Grado."

Haha...now that you mention it, they do sound like a Grado...

...but more like MS2 than a SR60.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #2,015 of 3,454
All subjective preferences if you ask me.

+1
Might I just quote/add this post?

Ok cool, here's a wonderfully bolded (define wonderful: Pretty open-minded, would help people based on their tastes, allows all opinions to be shared and understands that opinions are always formed in any hobby ) quote that already proves a point.

Pm each other about this and stop turning this thread into a sony z7 disaster.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:44 PM Post #2,016 of 3,454
  +1
Might I just quote/add this post?

Ok cool, here's a wonderfully bolded (define wonderful: Pretty open-minded, would help people based on their tastes, allows all opinions to be shared and understands that opinions are always formed in any hobby ) quote that already proves a point.

Pm each other about this and stop turning this thread into a sony z7 disaster.

Kumbaya

rolleyes.gif

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:55 PM Post #2,018 of 3,454
Ok I got my hands on a ASG-2.5 and an ASG-1+. I need to listen to them a bit more before I make any comments on the sound. Also if I do end up comparing the sound to the Rockets do note that I'm going off of memory because the left side of my Rockets died and Dale didn't have an extra pair on him so I've got to wait until my replacement gets here.

Oct 30, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #2,019 of 3,454
Nice. Looking forward to the 1+ impressions

Oct 31, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #2,020 of 3,454

Quote:
Nice. Looking forward to the 1+ impressions

Well now that I'm not as brain dead as I was yesterday I guess I'll post something about some of the stuff that I had a chance to briefly listen to and give some early impressions of some of the stuff I got with me right now (seen in the pic above). Apologies for the terrible photography skills but the picture's showing a pair of red ASG-1+ and a black ASG-2 which Dale left with me. These were among the IEMs, amps and players Dale brought back with him from his trip. I was lucky enough to meet up with Dale during his layover in Toronto on his way back to Nashville. He brought a mini stash of gear back with him including a pair of Cardas IEM, blue Shure 215s, the RHA T10i and a few Aurisonics IEMs.

Before going any further I'm going to say I was in zombie mode because I was motoring through exams and I slept maybe 3 hours the night before which may or may not have dulled my memory and or critical listening ability. I also had maybe 10 minutes tops with each IEM before completely crashing and falling asleep so apologies if my brief impressions ain't accurate, or anywhere near that for that matter.

So the Cardas: Not an IEM I was familiar with in the least. Haven't really followed audio news as closely as I should so I didn't really know much about them. First impressions: they felt bassy. While there was good separation the sound signature was a little dark for my tastes. I only used the white tips which was the nonported tips which probably contributed to that but that was something I found out maybe 20 minutes ago after looking them up a bit. Cable felt a little overkill thickness wise.

RHA T10i: This one I didn't see coming. I never would have guessed Dale would have pulled this one out of his bag. These piqued my interest because RHA has always done a fairly good job at holding their own in the $100ish range so I was interested in what they'd pull off here. Overall the sound wasn't remotely close to bad but it wasn't exactly what I'd call good at a $200 price point, maybe the Rockets shouldn't be the standard I use though. When I first pulled them out of the box they had the treble tips/filters on them and the first thing I did was swap those out for the reference filters. First thing I noticed was the bass quantity was high enough that it felt like they clashed with the mids sometimes I'd even debate that it was too high for the sound sig to be referred to as reference. It isn't quite ASG-2 level but it was a solid two to four notches above the Rockets if what I remember still suffices as a good reference. This probably explained why the treble filter was the filter that was left on the T10is when I found them. The treble filter tamed the bass a bit and brought it down a notch but it didn't do anything about the midrange separation which ultimately left me a little unsatisfied. So to sum it up: The filter changing is fun and all but the midrange separation leaves something to be desired so it makes it a little iffy for me at $200. Also the cable is rubber this time around except for the part that goes around the ear. The rubber feels rather nice though and it doesn't feel like a downgrade from other RHA cables.

The ASG-1+: I can see why people say it sounds like the Rockets as they're both tuned around that neutral range. I can't say for sure if it has more bass quantity then the Rockets or if it's better then the Rockets yet because I just don't remember well enough but so far it does feel like there's a more gradual curve with the ASG-1+'s bass response. Don't want to comment on the mids just yet. The treble does feel a bit slicker then what I heard on the Rockets and it feels like it has more of an edge in comparison. The soundstage is the biggest difference for me. Haven't tested them enough to comment on the sound cues but whereas the Rockets have a close, intimate and tightnit sound, the ASG-1+ feels wide and laid back and relaxed (typical ASG for those who've listened to them before).

The ASG-2.5: Most bass of all the ASGs even on the lowest setting but I haven't listened to them enough to want to talk anymore about them.

Oct 31, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #2,021 of 3,454
The T10i is way bassier than the Rockets. It's one of the bassiest IEMs I've heard in a long while. Definitely a basshead territory and a darker overall signature.

That must be the old Cardas IEM with the thick cable. It was pretty bassy too. Supposedly the new Cardas IEM will be a lot more neutral than the old models. And less heavy in weight, with a thinner more flexible cable.

Oct 31, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #2,023 of 3,454
The T10i is way bassier than the Rockets. It's one of the bassiest IEMs I've heard in a long while. Definitely a basshead territory and a darker overall signature.

That must be the old Cardas IEM with the thick cable. It was pretty bassy too. Supposedly the new Cardas IEM will be a lot more neutral than the old models. And less heavy in weight, with a thinner more flexible cable.

Thank you, you just saved me $200

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #2,024 of 3,454
Just got my headphones but not sure if issue is with my Fiio x5 and fiio E12 or the headset pin..coz it doesn't lock in or stay it just comes off..anyone else own FIIO x5 or Fiio e12..both have same issue...I tried to use it in the GYM with Fiio X5 and dam headset doesn't stay put in x5 headphone jack......
Currently i use monster copper turbines with fiio x5 and never had any issues and also i use ultrasone 900 with fiio and none of them cause any issues...its just rockets drivng me crazy...
Please advise

Users who are viewing this thread

Back