Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 23, 2014 at 3:37 AM Post #1,966 of 3,454
Aurisonics was already selling a bunch of these at the Melbourne AV show.

Kickstarter backers are still waiting while they are already retailing units to distributors.

This production bottleneck sounds like a whole lot of crock considering they had about 10 pairs for sale at the show.

Remember fellows they have another kickstarter soon, I know I sure as hell wont be putting a cent

anymore towards Aurisonics anymore.

This is what bothers me the most indeed. I've never been part of a crowd funded projected with so much money OVER what was asked in the campaign, yet updates are sparse and there is always another reason for the next delay. It definitely doesn't put a nice taste in my mouth for Aurisonics. I understand having demo units at a meet or convention (but units for sale?!), but I feel Aurisonics' #1 priority should be fulfilling their end of the campaign.

I also understand production issues and similar things, but it seems this would have been ironed out months ago. We are now 6 months past the projected ship date and counting.

The lack of updates on where things stand is my biggest complaint, especially for a campaign of this size. You'd also think they could increase production to more than 5 pairs a day. And offering too many choices shouldn't be an issue for this company that offers multiple custom and universal IEMs in different configurations. For the Rockets, there's a white cable, a black cable, mic version, and non mic version of each. The TiN colors shouldn't be an issue either since they knew from February on how to achieve this.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Oct 23, 2014 at 4:04 AM Post #1,967 of 3,454
Dale and Chern Wei are the ones who do the updates and they're traveling. I had a short chat with Dale and basically colour Rockets were slowed down by cable prep (and in case anyone doesn't remember, the cable was the cause for most of the delays in the first place) but they're on track to finish by the end of the month. The mic Rockets come after that. They're done all the standard Rockets orders so all the retail units that are going out are units made as they're waiting on parts for the colour Rockets.

Oct 23, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,969 of 3,454
I've sent a message to Wilson over at JABEN to no avail. Tried contacting BearFNF who informed me that they were looking to expand availability of Spinfits and got nothing. Very interested in a possible retailer to order from myself 

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:25 PM Post #1,971 of 3,454
Dropped the ball on this =p

Just got a reply from them though:

SG$9.90 per pair with possibility for shipping service.

They respond better over on FB at https://www.facebook.com/sg.connect.it

That is great news! That the SpinFits are available that is and willingness to ship them internationally but USD $7.85 for a pair? (shipping/VAT excl.) At Mingo's they sell them at appr. USD $4.50 so I sent them an email earlier today for inquiry, haven't heard from them yet.
SpinFits are only available in size S/M? No L> ? Anyone familiar with the CP-100/CP-101 model? (Google Translate wasn't very helpful:))

Oct 24, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #1,972 of 3,454
I received my rockets today. Sadly the fit doesn't work for me. The vsonics with adjustable nozzles are the only iem that has ever fit for me. PM me if anyone is interested in picking these up.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:31 PM Post #1,973 of 3,454
I received my rockets today. Sadly the fit doesn't work for me. The vsonics with adjustable nozzles are the only iem that has ever fit for me. PM me if anyone is interested in picking these up.

Gotta try triple flanges!

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,974 of 3,454
That is great news! That the SpinFits are available that is and willingness to ship them internationally but USD $7.85 for a pair? (shipping/VAT excl.) At Mingo's they sell them at appr. USD $4.50 so I sent them an email earlier today for inquiry, haven't heard from them yet.
SpinFits are only available in size S/M? No L> ? Anyone familiar with the CP-100/CP-101 model? (Google Translate wasn't very helpful:))

Might be a one size thing. The ones I use are medium. As mentioned, they reply better over FB message for some reasons haha

Oct 25, 2014 at 3:26 AM Post #1,977 of 3,454
I had a good week worth of hand on experience with rocket and I can say with confidence at their selling pricing they are of great value. However, yes however the sound is not as detailed as it is from EX-1000 than again few iems are.

Oct 27, 2014 at 1:20 PM Post #1,979 of 3,454
What, the hype has died?

Just when I buy a pair...everyone leaves the thread.

I'm always late to the party.
frown.gif

Oct 27, 2014 at 3:41 PM Post #1,980 of 3,454
Got mine today and did some quick listening before work. I have 3 problems with them, while they sound great, to me the bass is prey anemic, secondly to get a decent volume i have to turn my phone all the way up, finally they create a massive seal/suction on my ear that while good for noise blocking kindof hurts and also worries me that i could damage my ears.

The design overall is awesome and i much prefer them to the Dunu DN1K for comfort, weight etc. but sound wise i prefer the Dunu. I will try to get more listening and comparison in tomorrow but if i still like the Dunu better these will go up for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back