Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 20, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #1,953 of 3,454
I find the sure seal tips way too grippy. Im having difficulties inserting them into my ears because they exert so much traction on the skin. I've swapped them out for standard silicone ones.

Just received my pair over the weekend and I'm enjoying them immensely. Prefer them over my other IEMs at the same price bracket.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:34 AM Post #1,954 of 3,454
Aurisonics was already selling a bunch of these at the Melbourne AV show.

Kickstarter backers are still waiting while they are already retailing units to distributors.

This production bottleneck sounds like a whole lot of crock considering they had about 10 pairs for sale at the show.

Remember fellows they have another kickstarter soon, I know I sure as hell wont be putting a cent

anymore towards Aurisonics anymore.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:38 AM Post #1,955 of 3,454
I'm assuming that what might have been on sale would have been the standard titanium waterhoned with white cable Rockets. I think the issue with the bottleneck was the different colours and cable combinations. If everyone on the Kickstarter chose standard titanium and white cable I think everyone should have received their Rockets by now.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:43 AM Post #1,956 of 3,454
  I'm assuming that what might have been on sale would have been the standard titanium waterhoned with white cable Rockets. I think the issue with the bottleneck was the different colours and cable combinations. If everyone on the Kickstarter chose standard titanium and white cable I think everyone should have received their Rockets by now.

I second this. The ones we got in different colors from the kickstarter campaign were basically custom rockets.

Oct 21, 2014 at 12:54 PM Post #1,959 of 3,454
The issue lies in that there was communication that kickstarter backers would be served first before going retail. Keep in mind that despite there were 1,218 backers, that doesn't mean 1,218 rocket units.  A few members have disclosed purchasing more than one, so there's most likely a big gap between the quantity of backers and rocket units.  As unfair it can feel, I can't beat up Dale and company for making retail versions available. Hell, I would have done the same thing given his shoes.

In retrospect, even though I think it's great to offer so many different combinations for us backers, I think the results (long wait time; not counting cable stock issues) are due to the simple fact of, "too many choices."  That said, I await with great patience for my black cable rockets /w mic.  

Sincerely,

Backer #451

Oct 21, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #1,960 of 3,454

Parts availability was an issue when I was there. There were times that we ran out of work to do on Rockets because we ran out of parts to make them. Considering the Kickstarter Rockets are limited run it makes perfect sense that they won't have as many parts in in comparison to the basic waterhoned finish.

Oct 21, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,964 of 3,454
  The issue lies in that there was communication that kickstarter backers would be served first before going retail. Keep in mind that despite there were 1,218 backers, that doesn't mean 1,218 rocket units.  A few members have disclosed purchasing more than one, so there's most likely a big gap between the quantity of backers and rocket units.  As unfair it can feel, I can't beat up Dale and company for making retail versions available. Hell, I would have done the same thing given his shoes.

In retrospect, even though I think it's great to offer so many different combinations for us backers, I think the results (long wait time; not counting cable stock issues) are due to the simple fact of, "too many choices."  That said, I await with great patience for my black cable rockets /w mic.  

Sincerely,

Backer #451

I've been waiting patiently as well, because I know that in the end making a fuss doesn't really help the real problem. However, every time something like this comes out it doesn't give you the best feeling.
Seeing people which much higher backer numbers getting their pairs shipped months ago because the way are made in color groups. Hearing that people who got in at the lower price point got to buy a whole bunch of them, so they can resell them, and then getting them all at one time. <Other stuff I am forgetting> And finally, apparently being available at retail now.

Sure, I barely missed the early bird deal, but my number is quite a bit lower than yours, and I also don't think I have a weird combination. White cable+gray, with no mic.
With Dale talking about testing production of the mic units, and it going to ramp up before too long, it makes the wait harder for me. Hearing about the trouble with backerkit and general unorganized manufacturing process imprints in my mind that I am either extremely unlucky with the batch I am going to end up with, or that I have somehow been missed (or worse, marked as complete, even though I haven't heard anything).

All the reasons for delays are reasonable and logical enough, but they don't make it suck any less. Each one just makes it suck more.
Personally, I don't regret it. Part of the reason why the wait sucks so much is because I've been excited to replace an old pair with a flakely cable connection. Depending on what the next Kickstarter is, I may even try to get in on any early bird deal for that. However, I really cannot blame anyone at all for being upset.

Oct 22, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #1,965 of 3,454
Addicted to Audio in Australia has them.

meh.  I'm in US so it doesn't affect me.  plus I saved a ton of $$ off of retail with these.  But I can see it being annoying for most.

What DOES bother me is the apparent lack of updates again...2 weeks left in october, and I would really like to know if the mic versions are on track to start shipping soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back