Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #1,861 of 3,454
Yes that happened to my first pair. Aurisonics warranty covers it, and they sent out a new pair right away. You might have to wait for that particular color combo though. I changed from gold to grey so that I didn't have to wait.

Odd that it happened to you as well. Hopefully it's not indicative of a more widespread issue.

It better not.

confused_face.gif

Oct 6, 2014 at 5:31 PM Post #1,862 of 3,454
Yes that happened to my first pair. Aurisonics warranty covers it, and they sent out a new pair right away. You might have to wait for that particular color combo though. I changed from gold to grey so that I didn't have to wait.

Odd that it happened to you as well. Hopefully it's not indicative of a more widespread issue.

Thanks Gnar, and mine have extra low usage as I havent been using them at work and use the DITAs at home.

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #1,866 of 3,454
So if you wear these around ear, I guess that they would still stick out somewhat because the lack of flexibility from the cable??

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #1,870 of 3,454
Wait so the microphonics are from the cable dragging on the lobe of the ear and not on a shirt or other article of clothing?  Otherwise wouldn't it still be microphonic since over the ear still hangs down and hits your shirt or something?

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #1,871 of 3,454
  Wait so the microphonics are from the cable dragging on the lobe of the ear and not on a shirt or other article of clothing?  Otherwise wouldn't it still be microphonic since over the ear still hangs down and hits your shirt or something?

From my experience the microphonics are from the vibrations the cable receive traveling up to your ear. I find that it's more sensitive because it's generally deeper in and sealed better in my ear vs other IEM.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #1,872 of 3,454
Got mine!

First impressions are quite good, but the right and left channels are inverted: I tried with two different players to make sure. It isn't just a case of the little red and blue rings having been mistakenly placed, either: The right channel corresponds to the "s" and the left channel to the "a" of the AS logo. 

Try your own pairs, for those of you who have them, and let me know if I'm alone in this situation or not. Fortunately, since the housing is similar on both sides, all I need to do it remove the blue and red rings and replace them with something else to indicate the real right and the real left.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,873 of 3,454
Got mine!

First impressions are quite good, but the right and left channels are inverted: I tried with two different players to make sure. It isn't just a case of the little red and blue rings having been mistakenly placed, either: The right channel corresponds to the "s" and the left channel to the "a" of the AS logo. 

Try your own pairs, for those of you who have them, and let me know if I'm alone in this situation or not. Fortunately, since the housing is similar on both sides, all I need to do it remove the blue and red rings and replace them with something else to indicate the real right and the real left.

Hmm mine has the correct channels. No inverted issues.

Oct 7, 2014 at 10:42 AM Post #1,874 of 3,454
  Got mine!

Dale always did say never to go by the 'a' and the 's' when I was making them. You should send them an email though they'll probably get you a replacement.

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #1,875 of 3,454
  Dale always did say never to go by the 'a' and the 's' when I was making them. 

Andy told me the same thing. So it's just a case of misplaced o-rings.

You should send them an email though they'll probably get you a replacement.

Andy offered, but I can just put the left side into my right ear and conversely. I'll have to replace the o-rings by something else. for instance:

It's a foam tip I bought (together with blue and other red ones) on eBay. The ear guide is also a separate purchase. The original version of the antiloop had ear guides (see picture below) but the final version doesn't. I wonder why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back