Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Oct 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #1,832 of 3,454
  Looks like the Rockets will be available Nov. 17th as per Aurisonics' site. No color options. :frowning2:

Yes, I spoke with one of the reps who is responsible for maintaining the website. There was a bug on the website with pre-orders so he called to be sure that I still wanted my order filled. He confirmed shipment for the 17th of November. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #1,835 of 3,454

Unlikely. Dale said it would require a lot of work for them to manage multiple colour options so it's unlikely it'll happen.

Yeah, if I recall the colours was a Kickstarter exclusive. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #1,836 of 3,454

Pretty sure I mentioned only the stock option will be available back several pages ago, but ya only water honed titanium with white cables at launch.

I was holding onto the hope for a surprise. Black cable with gold barrels would be so sexy. 

Oct 1, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #1,837 of 3,454
I'd be pissed if they started selling color options since it is supposed to be a KS exclusive :)

Oct 1, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #1,839 of 3,454
Let's be brief about the comfort.. Aurisonics Rockets is quite comfortable w/ its SureSeal buds. They are soft and a bit sticky at 1st, but after a while in your earcannals they will no longer sticky (due to mixture of your wax & sweat). I felt them better when they were still sticky and sticked to my ears firmly. When oily, they easily loosen from my cannal and I need to repositioned occasionally. The Tri-Pods is nearly useless for me, as they caused itch and even pain to my outer ears. The Antiloops.. They are hit-and-miss.. Sometimes they are fit perfectly to my ears & I felt comfortable, but another time they hurt my tragus. It was a bit hard to readjust the antiloop w/o unplugging the earphone completely. It may be a matter of experience, after all. If you are about to use Rockets behind-ears, using the Antiloops is highly recommended. They will help fixen the earphone to your ears & to a position that suitable for soundwave transmission. w/o them, the cable will pull the end of the driver upward. Same thing w/ the Tri-Pods for using it regularly (i.e. cable down). The cable is designed so well that you do not need to worry when slipping it into your bag while in hurry. You will find it still smooth (no memory effect) and tangle-free at the end of the day. Finally about.. the sound..

Oct 3, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #1,845 of 3,454
About the sound.. The overall signature is neutral. No apparent V-shape frequency response. But to my ear, it is not as neutral as Ety ER.4PT. I think it is more like neutral sound w/ a little fun quality added. The shift from the lowest to the highest freq is smooth. It is rich in detail, the quality I like, and no apparent distortion my ear can hear. The treble is sparkling, but not as sparkling as Sennheiser IE800. It is smooth also, but not as smooth as Ety ER.4PT. The mids.. it has neutral quality. Quite raw but not as raw as Grado GR10 or Ocharaku Kuro 2. It is more like in between raw and refined, but tend to the raw end. Final Audio Heaven VIII dan Sony XBA4 are clearly more refined. What I like most about Aurisonics Rockets is the neutral and rather raw sound signature. The bass has a good punch and texture but lowest freqs are missing. It is clear that this is not for basshead. You can use it to analyze your favorite tunes. Listening to hi-res Bad remastered-album by MJ, the bass in Speed Demon was fast and very well-textured. The other tunes were more engaging and revealed details like heard from Senn IE800 or my CIEM JH. My conclusion, Aurisonics Rockets is very good IEM, worth more than the price!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back