Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 21, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #1,744 of 3,454
  It's encouraging to see those who listened to both the Rockets and the DITA preferred Rockets over DITA in possibly all aspects except bass
Now for the long wait before they are available... 
ph34r.gif

I can tell you, those that I know and who enjoy the DITA, myself including, do not think the Rockets are better than the DITA.  The rockets SQ is nice and for me, better than I thought theyd be when I first ordered them, but the DITA is better.  Those that think the Rockets are better prehaps just prefer the signature of the Rockets.  Its like someone saying the HD650 is better than the HD800... the HD800 is technically leaps and bounds above the HD650 but some people prefer its signature over the HD800.  I love mids and vocals but a friend of mine likes treble sparkle.  He thought the Rockets were very ordinary. Signature aside, if we are talking technical ability, I feel the DITA walks all over the Rockets and rightly so with a much bigger driver and price tag.

I considered selling the DITA beause the Rockets were "good enough" but have since changed my mind.  

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #1,745 of 3,454
I can tell you, those that I know and who enjoy the DITA, myself including, do not think the Rockets are better than the DITA.  The rockets SQ is nice and for me, better than I thought theyd be when I first ordered them, but the DITA is better.  Those that think the Rockets are better prehaps just prefer the signature of the Rockets.  Its like someone saying the HD650 is better than the HD800... the HD800 is technically leaps and bounds above the HD650 but some people prefer its signature over the HD800.  I love mids and vocals but a friend of mine likes treble sparkle.  He thought the Rockets were very ordinary. Signature aside, if we are talking technical ability, I feel the DITA walks all over the Rockets and rightly so with a much bigger driver and price tag.

I considered selling the DITA beause the Rockets were "good enough" but have since changed my mind.  

How much more treble emphasis does the DITA have? Curious as to what improvements the DITA offers.

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #1,746 of 3,454
Knowing you, I doubt you'd like the DITA as much as the Rockets. You'd complain about the elevated midbass and peaky treble lol. SGS thought the DITA was too bright. I didn't have much of an issue with it. Going off memory, I believe there were peaks at 5 khz and 10 khz

Sep 21, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,747 of 3,454
Knowing you, I doubt you'd like the DITA as much as the Rockets. You'd complain about the elevated midbass and peaky treble lol. SGS thought the DITA was too bright. I didn't have much of an issue with it. Going off memory, I believe there were peaks at 5 khz and 10 khz

Those are pretty good places for peaks IMO as far as peaks go, as long as they aren't too big.

Sep 21, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #1,748 of 3,454
SGS couldn't stand it. Muzak got over it (but preferred the K3K), cn11 and I weren't bothered by it, and I believe Caracara mitigated it with complys. I dunno that I'd prefer the DITA to the Rockets at this point. I was always mildly put off by the recessed feeling mids; they kind of made the presentation a bit aloof when a/bing against other phones. Sense of space on the DITAs is top shelf tho. Very out of the head sound

Sep 21, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #1,749 of 3,454
  It's encouraging to see those who listened to both the Rockets and the DITA preferred Rockets over DITA in possibly all aspects except bass
Now for the long wait before they are available... 
ph34r.gif

After finally getting to spend some time with rockets I agree they could use more bass, but I'm a basshead.  It's not that they can't handle it though.  I built a Viper4Android profile that upped the bass a fair amount and the rockets will really pump out some good clean bass without it muddling into the mids.  I use that profile on most of my hip hop/pop/edm kind of tunes and then use them unaltered for classical etc...  That's one of the great things about a neutral stock signature with a very competent design, just do some digital tweaking if you need to.

Honestly, my biggest complaint is that the headphone jack refuses to stay in my phone (Galaxy S5).  I am hoping when I get my mic set it's better.

Sep 21, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,750 of 3,454
Those are pretty good places for peaks IMO as far as peaks go, as long as they aren't too big.
SGS couldn't stand it. Muzak got over it (but preferred the K3K), cn11 and I weren't bothered by it, and I believe Caracara mitigated it with complys. I dunno that I'd prefer the DITA to the Rockets at this point. I was always mildly put off by the recessed feeling mids; they kind of made the presentation a bit aloof when a/bing against other phones. Sense of space on the DITAs is top shelf tho. Very out of the head sound

That's all I need to know. Thought I remembered reading about the treble peak buy wasn't sure. 10k isn't too bad depending on emphasis, but I don't enjoy 5k too much. I get that with a deep tri-flange fit on my DBA.

I'd much rather have the linearity of the Rockets.

Sep 23, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #1,753 of 3,454
Aurisonics' new web site is pretty cool. There's a page for the Rockets, but it doesn't look like they can actually be purchased yet.

Sep 23, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #1,755 of 3,454
Aurisonics' new web site is pretty cool. There's a page for the Rockets, but it doesn't look like they can actually be purchased yet.

I see that your public apology has been culled from your review and featured as a blurb on the site. You're never living that one down lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back