Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Sep 18, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #1,711 of 3,454
On the flip side, bastards such as myself get to lord it over the rest of you Rocketless serfs. Join the space race or get left behind I say!

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,713 of 3,454
  On the flip side, bastards such as myself get to lord it over the rest of you Rocketless serfs. Join the space race or get left behind I say!

Until they're kidnapped of course. Then you will not be able to soar for long!

I will plan to sabotage your happiness with these in the future. 
ph34r.gif
 Watch out.

Anyway, I hope you and the rest continue pushing this thread forward. It is a wonderful time in this hobby.

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:32 PM Post #1,714 of 3,454
Miceblue should have em by Friday. One of the more picky sets of ears on this forum and has a very strong sense of technical knowledge. Will be interesting to see what she thinks of the Rockets since she wasn't a fan of the G-2. 

Sep 18, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #1,715 of 3,454
  Miceblue should have em by Friday. One of the more picky sets of ears on this forum and has a very strong sense of technical knowledge. Will be interesting to see what she thinks of the Rockets since she wasn't a fan of the G-2. 

Thank you for the update!

I do not know if this is a good or a bad thing. If she enjoys it immensely, I do not believe I can forgive myself.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #1,716 of 3,454
I wonder if the white cabled rockets are less microphonic than the black ones. The black cable was an afterthought and not what they had originally. 

White are microphonic too. I'll have both eventually and will let all you inquiring minds know.

Sep 18, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #1,717 of 3,454
I think I've basically lost interest in my set whenever I get them. These were an impulse buy like just about everything else I own.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #1,721 of 3,454
I think I've basically lost interest in my set whenever I get them. These were an impulse buy like just about everything else I own.
I hear you Rawster - I feel the same.

What color combos didn't guys get? Seems like they can't make these things fast enough.

I know how you feel. I lost all hope with the ASG-2 pre-order. Took months longer than expected. And when I finally received them after all that time, I sold them within a couple weeks. Not impressed. The Rockets are more worth the wait imo. They're more technically proficient than the G2, especially in FR and tonality. And you'll still have some of the few remaining spots in the first class section on the hype train. I wish more people would receive them too, if only to have more action in this thread that won't get wiped by moderator kitteh.

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #1,722 of 3,454

Oh wait, I just found a pair of antiloops hiding in a small pocket. This thing is different from the prototype version. How am I supposed to guide wire above and around my ear?

How indeed? I'm not seeing it.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,723 of 3,454
I'm fairly certain they changed them from the original design and now they fit in your ears similar to the Bose sureseal tips... Which would suck. I wanted something like the originals that actually guides the wore over your ears.

Sep 18, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,724 of 3,454
What color combos didn't guys get? Seems like they can't make these things fast enough.

I know how you feel. I lost all hope with the ASG-2 pre-order. Took months longer than expected. And when I finally received them after all that time, I sold them within a couple weeks. Not impressed. The Rockets are more worth the wait imo. They're more technically proficient than the G2, especially in FR and tonality. And you'll still have some of the few remaining spots in the first class section on the hype train. I wish more people would receive them too, if only to have more action in this thread that won't get wiped by moderator kitteh.

I got the silver with the black cable. I got in really early too so I would have hoped I got mine by now. I'm sure it sounds good but the use I had for them has already been filled.

Sep 19, 2014 at 6:28 PM Post #1,725 of 3,454
I got the silver with the black cable. I got in really early too so I would have hoped I got mine by now. I'm sure it sounds good but the use I had for them has already been filled.

By what, if you don't mind me asking? I'm always on the lookout for neutral gear.

Also guys, the antiloops actually do help with an over the ear fit, and they are surprisingly comfortable. You don't loop the cable through them or anything, but the more stable fit they produce allows the cable to loop more securely over the ear.

I was bummed when I saw the previous pic of antiloops without ear guides, but honestly they aren't needed imo. I just went on a run wearing the antiloops with an over-the-ear fit with no issues whatsoever. Without the antiloops, I previously had to readjust the cable multiple times over the course of an hour. I'm actually very satisfied with this implementation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back