Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #3,093 of 3,454
Aug 20, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #3,095 of 3,454
The bass levels are similar. Innerfidelity's graphs are stretched below 1k and makes bass appear flatter than it is when just glancing. But that 10k peak in the goldenears measurements is suspect to me.

Well, a high fr peak is a typical characteristics of GE measurements when it comes to dynamic earphones because they dont insert earphones into the dumy head too deep(in their sense, of course). So their measurements could be more close to experiences of some people who cant insert rockets very very very deeply.

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #3,097 of 3,454
Well, a high fr peak is a typical characteristics of GE measurements when it comes to dynamic earphones because they dont insert earphones into the dumy head too deep(in their sense, of course). So their measurements could be more close to experiences of some people who cant insert rockets very very very deeply.

Hi, thanks for the measuremensts.
These must be uncompensated measurements.(the raw measurements)
GE's ones are almost same except the extent of peak around 8~10k which is insertion dependent.

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #3,098 of 3,454

This is literally my perceived FR on the rockets, except maybe a hint more midbass creating a larger perception of low end rolloff under 35-40Hz. @6.5mm from reference plane, except maybe the 7K peak moved down ~500Hz.

Did you put together a measuring rig?

Link? Can't seem to find it on their site. Thx!

Aug 20, 2015 at 11:17 PM Post #3,100 of 3,454
  Awesome, thanks for the recommendation. These things sound incredible and in many ways remind me of the HD650s. I was having issues with fit and the tips but I settled on comply foamies. Great isolation, excellent bass and smooth all the way through the spectrum.

Awesome! Glad you're liking them. I still think they're the best bang for the buck IEM available, period. I was shocked at how good they were for the price. I no longer own them (bought them more out of curiosity than anything else), but they're by far my most recommended IEM whenever anyone asks for something neutral-ish.

Sep 3, 2015 at 3:43 AM Post #3,102 of 3,454
As far as I understand these do not have removable cables? That's a shame as they seem nice otherwise. There is no connector in the world that will last a lifetime of listening to music on the phone in your pocket. The connector gets stressed every step you take.

Sep 3, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #3,103 of 3,454
  As far as I understand these do not have removable cables? That's a shame as they seem nice otherwise. There is no connector in the world that will last a lifetime of listening to music on the phone in your pocket. The connector gets stressed every step you take.

Well, if there is a connector that will last a long, long time (perhaps even a lifetime) it would be this one.    It all depends on how well you take care of your stuff.   

Sep 3, 2015 at 4:43 PM Post #3,104 of 3,454

Having gone through many IEMs I can tell you that I worry less about my Rockets than I do about my Shure SE215, Shure SE425 and Aurisonics ASG2. All of which have replaceable cables. The fact of the matter is, that does not make a headphone more durable, it adds an additional failure point. I thought, much like you, that I'd never again buy headphones without user replaceable cables, but I've realized after a year of kicking around the Rockets how silly that was of me. My original pair which is now my running and workout pair, looks as new as it did when I got them a year ago. I haven't really put my other pair through the same paces but they seem just as durable, and have been going several months strong. And really going from user replaceable cables to non-replaceable it made me realize something, build and design do more than allowing the end user to replace them. 

It is a fact that the wire moving will naturally wear it and it will eventually break, but the amount of times these cables need to be bent to achieve that seems higher than one would think. And Aurisonics seems to think highly of their durability with an unheard of 5 year warranty (which means if the plug does break you can get a new one within 5 years providing that it is clear that you didn't intentionally break or abuse them (AKA the damage is internal not external)) and a lifetime guarantee which allows you to get a new pair for 50% off the retail if they break outside or the warranty doesn't cover the damage inflicted on them.

Sep 4, 2015 at 3:19 AM Post #3,105 of 3,454

And Aurisonics seems to think highly of their durability with an unheard of 5 year warranty (which means if the plug does break you can get a new one within 5 years providing that it is clear that you didn't intentionally break or abuse them (AKA the damage is internal not external)) and a lifetime guarantee which allows you to get a new pair for 50% off the retail if they break outside or the warranty doesn't cover the damage inflicted on them.

I appreciate that, but since the warranty doesn't cover "wear and tear" I find it hard to believe they would replace a broken plug since it would indeed have been caused by wear and tear. I mean I don't worry about the cable connecting to the actual IEM because that will have little to no stress during dialy use. The plug however, if the audio device is in your pocket, will be stressed by every single step you take. I might be just silly though and I know that these are possibly the sturdiest IEMs around at the moment. So I would actually have gotten them.

UNLESS

I just remembered that I will probably have to pay customs for them (shipping to sweden) which would add 20% on the full price which would put them at a much higher price than I initially thought :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back