Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #2,926 of 3,454
Just remember, if you get a Fiio the plug for the Rockets is gonna keep popping out of the jack. So you'll need an extension or something. Worth consideration IMO.

May 1, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #2,931 of 3,454
Rockets pair well with the Sony A15. Love the combination, EQ on the A15s with the Sony actually sounds pretty good. I dial up the sub and treble regions a little with great results

May 2, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #2,932 of 3,454
  Rockets pair well with the Sony A15. Love the combination, EQ on the A15s with the Sony actually sounds pretty good. I dial up the sub and treble regions a little with great results

Yeah, i imagine the clear bass setting will play nicely with rockets.  These are absolutely amazing.  Picking up a sony next week or so after money from ebay is made available

May 4, 2015 at 5:18 AM Post #2,933 of 3,454

Thanks for confirming that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I have posted on Kickstarter and also emailed  rockets@aurisonics.com which Dales suggested another supporter to do on Saturday.  So far no response.  I'll give them a few days before I contact again.

Today I also discover a different issue that I did not notice earlier ...  a short click on the mic button is supposed to pause and resume the audio or video player on the iPad.  My other earphone can do this reliably but the Rockets often turn it into what the iPad interprets as a long press and therefore Siri is brought up instead.

Something is definitely not working properly with the mic assembly on my Rockets.

Has there been any response from AS on this mic and button issue?

May 4, 2015 at 11:43 AM Post #2,935 of 3,454
I'm wondering if the button issue is just a flaw of specific units or something that affects all Apple products, because as is, my Mic and button work perfectly on my Nexus 5.

May 4, 2015 at 6:58 PM Post #2,936 of 3,454
I received my Rockets this weekend.  I haven't read this thread extensively, but a quick breeze of the last few posts talks about the remote and mic...  I am running into the issue where if you press the button regularly, it'll activate siri rather than play/pause.  I have found a way to get it to work properly by pressing at an angle and lightly...  It is an issue though :/  The mic becomes more of a burden than it does a convenience.  

In regards to sound, it's what you'd expect of Aurisonics.  It's a deep, smooth, extremely lush and warm sound.  Treble extension isn't the strongest, but the texturing is there and quantity just enough.  

May 4, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #2,937 of 3,454
I received my Rockets this weekend.  I haven't read this thread extensively, but a quick breeze of the last few posts talks about the remote and mic...  I am running into the issue where if you press the button regularly, it'll activate siri rather than play/pause.  I have found a way to get it to work properly by pressing at an angle and lightly...  It is an issue though :/  The mic becomes more of a burden than it does a convenience.  

In regards to sound, it's what you'd expect of Aurisonics.  It's a deep, smooth, extremely lush and warm sound.  Treble extension isn't the strongest, but the texturing is there and quantity just enough.  

Yes, this is exactly the issue I have with the button. Since you just received your Rockets, it seems Aurosonic hasn't fixed the issue yet :frowning2:. Please provide feedback of this issue to Aurosonic.

May 5, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #2,938 of 3,454
I just want to give everybody a heads up. I talked to Andy at Aurisonics the other day and if you're looking for the Rockets with Mic they won't be around for long. They are going to fulfill the Kickstarter pre-orders and any existing orders they have and they are going to stop making them for now. 

May 5, 2015 at 12:13 PM Post #2,940 of 3,454
That means they're coming out with the newer improved-mic version then.  Bad news for the backers maybe?

Not really for me, since it works perfectly for me, if just a bit stiff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back