Aurisonics Impressions and Reviews
Feb 18, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #557 of 2,761
wow thats good to hear that soundstage is on par or even wider. Very eager to order these..

Quote:

I'd say these are about on par with the SM3 in terms of width, perhaps a tad wider, it's rather difficult to tell as the SM3's size changes in accordance with a recording, it's not fixed. The SM3's have an extremely intimate presentation that makes you feel like you are in the studio, these image in a very close manner. 

Feb 18, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #558 of 2,761
[size=medium]Hello my fellow head-fiers,[/size]
[size=medium]      Please excuse my intrusion to the thread, but I just wanted to say a few things that may help shed some light on our products a bit. [/size]

[size=medium]I want to personally thank you all for your comments and suggestions. We thank you for your appreciation of our products. Thanks to AuralHygiene for starting the thread and for the many of you that reached out to us directly with questions. Also, thank you to the reviewers and purchasers who are receiving our products and commenting.[/size]

[size=medium]Our main focus has been – and is - custom in-ear products. We find that a custom fit does away with most, if not all, of the hassle of trying to get a proper comfortable fit and seal. The ASG-1, however, was originally designed to be a “demo unit” for those interested in our customs, but it gained immediate praise from hundreds of people. After enough people said, "this should be a product," we took the hint and released it as a generic fit version and dubbed it ASG-1 for Aurisonics Generic Version 1. [/size]

[size=medium]Even in deciding to make our “demo unit” a generic fit version (or as you guys call it, a universal), a lot of thought went into the design. We utilized hundreds of digital anthropomorphic scans of the ear and ear canals to formulate a shape that would fit most people. We basically designed it from the ear out, which seems to be the reverse of the norm. Thus the more custom looking shape was born. We also have patents pending. And as with any non-custom, the tips are important! If you get the ASG-1 and there is no low end and they sound tinny and uneventful then you obviously don't have a good seal. This, of course, is why we sell custom tips for them also.[/size]

[size=medium]http://aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=21_25_166&products_id=137[/size]

[size=medium]We don't include a large tip assortment because, for one, it adds considerable cost to the package, and two, who knows if those will work for you? The thread, however, is beginning to identify certain shapes and types that work better for most people. Therefore, once we get a consensus on two or three types, we will begin to include that style.  Again our focus is on customs.[/size]

[size=medium]The ASG-1 is repairable (by us) and upgradeable (by us). Any modification to them will void the warranty, which is one year - except for the cables, which is 90 days. We do not plan to change the shape or style of the ASG-1, as it seems to work just fine. Yes, when we do release the ASG-2 (which won't be for some time), we will have an upgrade program to allow ASG-1 owners to add the extras that may be in them.  So yes we did make them upgradeable at least to the next model up for now. If you see the picture on our website with the pile of earbuds, we just thought enough is enough. Let's make something truly unique that fits the right way; stays in your ears; sounds good; is affordable; is durable;is upgradable/ repairable;and all made in the USA with pride. From the consensus – worldwide even - I think people are liking this approach.[/size]

[size=medium]Our dealer network is growing every day. If you have suggestions for dealers in your area of the world or in the US, please reach out to us or to the dealer and have them contact us. People ask why is there a retail price on your site, “yet I can get them for less elsewhere?” We do not undercut our dealers and have a mutual respect and agreement between them and us that governs MAP (minimum advertised price). [/size]

[size=medium]As for the AS-1 custom series: the AS-1 does not have any adjustable vents. The AS-1a has the adjustable ambient vent added. The AS-1b has the adjustable ambient and bass vents added. They have a 15mm dynamic driver in them that is the same driver inside of the ASG-1. The AS-1b (our best seller) is - as some are finding out  - "omni adjustable." So you can literally change them in many ways to reach a certain sound signature. There are many features in them that you will not see that help with the subtle nuances of how they project and place you in the music. The sound signature for them, however, was designed with the professional musician in mind - If that’s the sound signature you are looking for. But the IEM also works great for listening to music, or on the end of digital stethoscope (yes they are great for listening to heart beats). We don't try to limit who our products are for; we just have a clear focus on what we are after. The AS-1 is our introduction to this market space and is our flagship product.  You can read about all of the features on our website.[/size]

[size=medium]http://aurisonics.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=23&products_id=131[/size]

[size=medium]People ask why we don't offer the ones in the picture.  Those are water honed milled titanium plates and the body has been polished (those are mine and yes they rock).  They are stupid expensive. If you have to ask you can't afford them :). [/size]
[size=medium]We don't paint them or do anything other than frosted clear currently as this keeps the cost down and reduces labor a bit. Very soon, however, we will introduce some remarkable aesthetic upgrades that will blow your mind.  And yes, again, we can upgrade your existing AS-1 series too.[/size]

[size=medium]As with any design there is always a desire to make it better.  We do have an AS-2 custom coming out in May-June that will contain a 15mm/10mm dual dynamic driver setup. It is currently still in testing and a handful of individuals have them and have been testing them extensively daily. They will initially go out to our pro-musician market then will be available to the public. The combination is done differently than one might expect. I listen to mine daily and they never cease to amaze me how airy and detailed they are with great warmth and awesome sub lows.  We truly look forward to having them in your ears as soon as the time is right.[/size]

[size=medium]That being said, we will offer a group buy for head-fi to allow people to sign up and pre-purchase them at a discounted group rate. Details will follow at the proper time.[/size]
[size=medium]People who purchased the AS-1 series may also take advantage of the upgradeability and purchase the upgrade if they want it when they are available.[/size]

[size=medium]But please note that the upgrade will not be for everyone. The AS-1 series has a unique sound signature and one that you can grow to Love. The AS-2 will be a little different sounding with a more subtle midrange push and a bit more air on the top end while maintaining the rich lows.[/size]

[size=medium]On another subject, we will make ten of a signature series ASG-1 dubbed the ASG-1S. They will have the same shape but look quite different as well as maybe a few other things. I will hand build, test and conduct burn-in on these personally. These will not be sold. Five will go to our top dealers who will run promotions and contests with them. Five will go to the head-fi community awarded to a few individuals. Details of how they will be awarded to follow. [/size]

[size=medium]On yet another front, yes, we will soon be making some very special cables for our products that can be purchased as upgrades at time of purchase or as an upgrade option. [/size]

[size=medium]I see posts from people asking about our customer service. I'll just say we treat our customers and dealers like family. You will often get an email or call from me directly offering help if you are having issues. We will go to extreme measures to ensure our customers get the quality customer service they deserve. Don't take my word for it, just ask anyone on the thread that contacted us or call any of our dealers. I don't plan on changing that, even as we grow, as it is one of the principles I founded the company on. [/size]

[size=medium]We listen to your input and appreciate everyone'sthoughts, but we have to be very determined and focused on what we are after with our products. They don't sound like others, and for some that may not be what they want, but that is fine. Everyone hears differently and even from each ear. One in-ear product will never be for everyone. We do often find, however, that if a person will take the time to ensure proper fit and seal, then take some brain burn-in time to get acquainted with the staging and sound signature, you may not go back to what you had.[/size]

[size=medium]I hope these facts help everyone out a bit to know a little [/size][size=medium]more about our products and who we are.  From the Aurisonics crew to you, we sincerely thank you for embracing our products and again for the listeners of our products being a part of the Aurisonics family... Made in America...[/size]

[size=medium]Sincerely,[/size]
[size=medium]Dale Lott - President/CEO[/size]
[size=medium]Aurisonics, Inc.[/size]

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:05 AM Post #559 of 2,761
[size=medium]Yes, when we do release the ASG-2 (which won't be for some time), we will have an upgrade program to allow ASG-1 owners to add the extras that may be in them.  So yes we did make them upgradeable at least to the next model up for now.[/size]

[size=medium]You guys owe me an apology :wink:[/size]

[size=medium]Thanks for chiming in Dale, these phones are quite addicting to listen to![/size]

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:13 AM Post #562 of 2,761
I think these phones are a definite winner. The fact that they are upgradeable is not something that exists on the current market, and the easily repairable and modular design is brilliant. You've definitely got future business from me once those dual driver models hit 

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #563 of 2,761
Well, eke2k6, you know I love the drums of the GR07 (love the reproduction of drums and percussion instruments from the first moment I heard the GR07). I still do. But if I'm going to be honest, there is no comparison to my ears. The ASG-1 is simply on another level. The drums in the ASG-1 are far more 3-dimensional (actually the GRO7 isn't 3-D at all). You have lots of details, nuances and subtleties of the drummer striking the kick drum and snare with the ASG-1 that the GR07 just can't reproduce. They're on two totally different levels. But after the ASG-1, I would say that the GRO7 and RE262 tie as my favorite drums reproduced by an IEM.

Quote:
Hey ericp10, could you compare the drums performance on this song between the ASG-1 and GR07? Thanks (the drums kick in at about 15s)

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #566 of 2,761

Quote:
I think these phones are a definite winner. The fact that they are upgradeable is not something that exists on the current market, and the easily repairable and modular design is brilliant. You've definitely got future business from me once those dual driver models hit 

X2

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #567 of 2,761
Hi Dale! Nice to hear from you on Head-fi. It's awesome to to hear that you designed your products with the ability to upgrade in mind. I'm not sure whether I would but it's always nice to have options. I look forward to getting my AS-1b!

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #568 of 2,761
Thank you Dale for showing up here and giving us that wonderful and insightful update on your company and products. I think there will be room for the ASG-1 and the AS-2 - at least for my ears. Your sound is just outstanding to my ears. I don't understand all the things done technology-wise to achieve your house sound, but it's quite addictive. Keep up the good work! I'm in a state of >>> happy listening!!
beerchug.gif

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:32 AM Post #569 of 2,761

Quote:
Well, eke2k6, you know I love the drums of the GR07 (love the reproduction of drums and percussion instruments from the first moment I heard the GR07). I still do. But if I'm going to be honest, there is no comparison to my ears. The ASG-1 is simply on another level. The drums in the ASG-1 are far more 3-dimensional (actually the GRO7 isn't 3-D at all). You have lots of details, nuances and subtleties of the drummer striking the kick drum and snare with the ASG-1 that the GR07 just can't reproduce. They're on two totally different levels. But after the ASG-1, I would say that the GRO7 and RE262 tie as my favorite drums reproduced by an IEM.

Thanks!

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #570 of 2,761
"And on that bombshell..." 
eek.gif

biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Thanks Dale! 
Matt from Springtree was awesome too so thanks Matt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back