Aurisonics 2 or 2.5 after my Heir Audio 5
Nov 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Barolo

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,All what's your thoughts I'm selling my Heirs and looking to purchase ASG 2 or 2.5 I want a realistic rich tone on guitar leads,and better bass depth than my heirs ,that's why I'm looking at dynamic driver my taste in music blues/rock

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #2 of 15
These should have very different sound signatures.  One is BA and the other a hybrid (as you noted).  I have the ASG 2.5 and can say it's a "fun" sounding IEM.  Best thing for you to do is try one out, if you can, before buying.   There are also lots of other options out there to confuse us all.

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #3 of 15
I do like the heirs mids and treble it's just the bass,I've had dynamic driver iem,s before such as the senns ie60 and quite liked its tone,I think I need to go with a hybrid or dynamic driver on its own I not going for all ba drivers anymore,unfortunately it's very hard to try the iem,s I like in the UK

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 15
The only uk based dealer I know of is theheadphonecompany.co.uk.  Not sure if they have units in for you to demo or not.  Best to give them an email or call.  Your other option is the eu based thomann.de who actually have a decent returns even for iems.  They have the aurisonics 2.5 available to order in at a not to shabby £446.00 including postage.  You would have to wait 1-2 weeks whilst they order them in for you though.  It's about the same as ordering from the states without the risk of taxes.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #7 of 15
If you absolutely must buy one of the ASG phones, do look for a 2.5. It corrects some of the tonal issues of the original 2.0. Eke's 2.5 review does an excellent job of getting across what's changed between the two. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #8 of 15
Thanyou for the info I'll look into the above mentioned,Aurisonics USA still have stock of the asg 2 model at reduced rate of around £320 but then you've probably got import duties

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #10 of 15
X2

I liked the ASG2 but the 2.5 is a more balanced approach, less mid-bass.  I will likely get another 2.5 in the future.  One of my fav IEMs.  

Quote:
  If you absolutely must buy one of the ASG phones, do look for a 2.5. It corrects some of the tonal issues of the original 2.0. Eke's 2.5 review does an excellent job of getting across what's changed between the two. 

Nov 25, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #11 of 15
Hi All

This is my first post. Very new to the forums. Hopefully I get some responses. 

I own a couple pairs of cans ( BeyerDynamics DT770 and Sony V-6 ). I really like the sound signature of my BDs. I've tried multiple pairs of universal in ears but the story with those is always the same, no matter what tips I use they end up in trash or I give them away to one of my family members. Apparently my ears are really unique :) hence this post. I am looking for a decent pair of customs outfitted with either hybrid or dynamic drivers. I would prefer an American company due to time it takes to get them from over seas. I looked into Aurisonics, Futuresonics and UM Merlin so far. I mainly listen to all kinds of electronic music but it wouldn't hurt if the my future earphones were more versatile than that.
I've read a lot of reviews on Aurisonics being dark and whatnot. Not sure how they compare to Futuresonics and UMs. Like I mentioned before I really like my DT770s and was wondering if any of the above CIEMs would sound like them.

I'd also like to add that I will use them mainly with portable sources without any amps or DACS. 

Any help is appreciated.   

Nov 26, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #12 of 15
Hi,All what's your thoughts I'm selling my Heirs and looking to purchase ASG 2 or 2.5 I want a realistic rich tone on guitar leads,and better bass depth than my heirs ,that's why I'm looking at dynamic driver my taste in music blues/rock

I would post up on the Heir site your question, or pm someone you know who had your model and heard it like you do.   I tried the Noble 4 and its the opposite of my AS2 in all categories.   I found the AS2 darker, richer, much bassier(I really couldn't hear the bass in the Noble, LOL).   The Noble seemed to have delicate mids and highs and much clearer due to lack of bass.   You might be seeking an IEM/custom somewhere between the Aurisonic and Heir.

Nov 26, 2014 at 12:20 PM Post #13 of 15
I had the Heir 5.0 and ASG2.5 but not at the same time so the amp/DAC would be different.  With that said, the 5.0 has some of the best bass out there.  Excellent texture and extension.  The ASG2.5 has some of the best mids at this price range (IMHO).  I like the treble, imaging, detail and layering of the ASG2.5 more than the 5.0.  I would pick the ASG2.5 as a better IEM for me because my needs are for jazz and vocals.  If your music is bass-heavy you might be more interested in the 5.0.

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #14 of 15
My Heirs are sold know,I'm still interested in the asg 2.5 but after reading WNBC thread I'm a little confused, the heirs do have good bass but doesn't sound like a dynamic bass driver which to me has a rich texture,I'm also interested in um Merlin ,future sonics 6 so I need to choose between these three

Nov 27, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #15 of 15
You did not think the 5.0 had deep, rich bass of very good quality and quantity?  Most of my IEMs are lean and tight in regards to bass so I'm definitely not a bass aficionado but I haven't experienced bass like that at any price range.  Which dynamic IEM under $600 competes with the 5.0 in regards to quality and quantity of bass?

Quote:
My Heirs are sold know,I'm still interested in the asg 2.5 but after reading WNBC thread I'm a little confused, the heirs do have good bass but doesn't sound like a dynamic bass driver which to me has a rich texture,I'm also interested in um Merlin ,future sonics 6 so I need to choose between these three

Users who are viewing this thread

Back