AURIS HA2 SE

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by grizzlybeast, May 7, 2017.
  1. grizzlybeast
    Pros
    • Excellent balance
    • Good dynamics
    • Very versatile and sounds good with a wide range of headphones
    • Lovely build
    • Taut and punchy bass
    Cons
    • The amplifier can have slight hum depending on the headphone used. Mainly high impedance ones but when music is playing it goes away. The Kennerton Odin has no hum and the Meze classics have hardly any where as the HD650 and Atticus do. Edit: the amplifier is very sensitive to power quality. Hum is a non issue now.
    • Slight haziness in the treble

The Auris is one punchy and controlled piece of gear that scores very high in most aspects. I recommend it. If anyone else gets one I would like to hear their thoughts of it.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    nick n likes this.
  2. Topspin70
    This is a absolutely beautiful looking amp. And sounds awesome too seeing your review. But the hum reminds me of the Leben CS300XS which I wanted so much but hesitant to get. Me owning the high impedance HD800S didn't help either sadly.

3. Zephuros
    Hey gbeast, have you ever tried the HA2 SE with the LCD-2?

4. grizzlybeast
    Sorry for the late response. The new site doesn't automatically subscribe you to a thread you create.

I have not tried it but I imagine it to be a good pairing

5. waveSounds
    This one's got my interest piqued. Only learned of it's existence yesterday after reading your review of it, which incidentally, was before searching for this thread.

I want a better tube experience than my Little Dot MKII. You don't mention pairing it with the Elear in your review, but can you imagine the two would have decent synergy?

6. grizzlybeast
    I haven't heard it with the Elear but I couldnt imagine a bad pairing with this amplifier unless you try an HE-6 or super hard to power ortho. It even does okay with orthos.

I highly recommend this amplifier.

7. Kristy Song
    The HA 2 SE & the HEADONIA are officially in Singapore. Drop by Zeppelin & Co. to test them out with your favourite headphones.

We've tried the FOCAL Utopia, KENNERTON Odin, HIFIMAN HE1000v2, SENNHEISER HD800 & HD800S today and they were absolutely beautiful. The HA 2 SE is a winner in price to performance ratio, not to mention the stunning looks.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    jasonho likes this.
  8. marcusd
    Kristy Song likes this.
  9. AlanU
    Odd how little people talk about this amp. For a tube amp I find the soundstage to be very wide and dynamic. Totally a kick back and have pure enjoyment sound session!!

I'm considering this amp!! Very large size for my desk though.....