Auris Euterpe - US Tour Kick Off & Ongoing Impressions
Apr 16, 2019 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

Makiah S

Sponsor: EarMen | HeadAmp
Member of the Trade: Bricasti Design
Formerly known as Mshenay
Hey everyone, I've seen a few of your asking and inquiring about the Auris Euterpe the companys newest all in one Dac/Amp and I'm excited to announce I will be collaborating with them to do a US Tour here on Head Fi!

I will be asking the following requirements for applicants
  • Positive only Feedback 10+
  • 100+ Posts
  • Activity Within the last 14 days
  • Tenure of more than a Year
If you meet these requirements please share where your located
  • City & State
Your history in the hobby and community here along with links to previous reviews that you have done!

NPRNp3u.jpg

Just looking at this product I really love just the forthought behind it's design and how beautifully they executed it. While it's not seen this unit does feature it's own Linear Power Supply, analog input and output allowing it to function as a PreAmp and connect to other digital sources plus it's own ESS Sabre x/Mos digital USB input.

Speaking of, the USB Input works seamlessly. All I did was just plug my M2S with an OTG Cable and that was it! Eevn the Windows based Surface model they had at the table worked just as easily. As some one whose been running COAX exclucively for a few years now I'm always thrilled by full 24/192 support without 3rd party drivers!

In terms of sound, I was impressed at the clarity and control Euterpe presented. The Aeon C certianly benefits from some power. Not as difficult as something like an HE560 but given it's low efficeny it isn't always the easiest load to drive well, and I was very suprised by how well Euterpe did!

So that said, let me know if your interested and feel free to share your impressions of the unit and ask what ever questions you have! We will be accepting applicants until May 31st 2019 and this is again limited to United States Members only please.

May 7, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 37
Count me in!

Concord, NC is where you'll find me.

I've completed several reviews for various company's and products over the last few years or so. Please see me YouTube channel and description for the corresponding written review.

May 20, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #3 of 37
IMG_0941.jpg IMG_0894.jpg IMG_0867.jpg

I've enjoyed having the Euterpe at two meets now! For those still curious I'll have it at the Nashville meet on the first a June here shortly!

May 22, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #4 of 37
Have Auris wired the PL-95s tetrode of is that just my wishful thinking? I ask because I find triode amps too committed to tube virtues but have previously owned a SE Pentode speaker amp which became the only tube amp to remain in my system for the long haul. I also wonder what generation of Sabre they're running.

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #6 of 37
Have Auris wired the PL-95s tetrode of is that just my wishful thinking? I ask because I find triode amps too committed to tube virtues but have previously owned a SE Pentode speaker amp which became the only tube amp to remain in my system for the long haul. I also wonder what generation of Sabre they're running.

Let me ask!

They did confirm the tubes are running in Ultra Linear mode similar to the Pentode

Jun 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM Post #7 of 37
Warrensburg, MO, USA

Thanks for thinking of me. Reviews in my sig.

Jun 16, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #8 of 37
Very much interested in this one too. Thanks for the heads-up on this one.

Kingsport, TN USA

Jun 16, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #10 of 37
Nice. Count me in then.

Manchester, CT

Yes no problem if you would just send me a link to some of the Past reviews you've done I do see that you've got some feedback here on head-fi for that's awesome

Aug 2, 2019 at 7:56 AM Post #11 of 37
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #13 of 37
Aug 31, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #14 of 37
Sep 2, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #15 of 37
Having the chassis double as a headphone stand is absolutely brilliant. Wish I had thought of it! Perfect example of what Steve Jobs was talking about when he said: "People don't know what they want until you show it to them..."

jh

Users who are viewing this thread

Back