Auris “Amplify” Bluetooth 5.0 DAC
Jun 8, 2018 at 4:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

CardigdanWalk

100+ Head-Fier
So I missed out on the Radsone EarStudio ES100 Kickstarter and ended up paying full price, so since then I’ve been keeping a better eye on anything new coming up and caught this one today!

Auris Amplify Bluetooth 5.0 DAC

04D8FCC1-77F7-47E6-947C-672688E17338.png

https://bit.ly/2sSbUAE

To save you time, the cheesy video ain’t worth watching but there are a few interesting specs:

- Bluetooth 5.0
- AAC, APTX, APTX LL
- Hi-Fi 32bit DAC

For me the negatives are:

- no 2.5mm balances port
- it looks like it is going to hit 100k and switch from Micro USB to usb C, which would mean lugging around another cable!

Questions:

Has anyone backed it?
Would Bluetooth 5.0 make a difference with more bandwidth to have better quality audio!
Does 32 bit audio make a difference if you don’t have the right source of music to start?

I’m a bit tempted to pick one up, just in case it does turn it to be amazing like the Radsone Earstudio, but I’m so weary of Kickstarter campaigns to be honest!

Jun 26, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #7 of 11
Nah, stick with ES100, BTR3, the Hiby or the other options.

The spec looks good on paper, but it sounds kinda... grainy? I don't like it. Definitely the worse sounding from all Bluetooth receiver I had (see my profile for the full list).

The clip is bad, the packaging itself made it arrive with the clip already slightly bend outward, so don't count on it to hold into anything.

Build quality on the actual unit is pretty good though, solid.

Voice prompt is too loud, annoying to use with sensitive IEM, which is my main use case.

I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry...

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #8 of 11
Nah, stick with ES100, BTR3, the Hiby or the other options.

The spec looks good on paper, but it sounds kinda... grainy? I don't like it. Definitely the worse sounding from all Bluetooth receiver I had (see my profile for the full list).

The clip is bad, the packaging itself made it arrive with the clip already slightly bend outward, so don't count on it to hold into anything.

Build quality on the actual unit is pretty good though, solid.

Voice prompt is too loud, annoying to use with sensitive IEM, which is my main use case.

I wouldn't recommend it. Sorry...

What source did you use it with? I can't say it's grainy on LDAC... I agree with the rest though. Es100 seems like a better device in regards to price/performance

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #9 of 11
What source did you use it with? I can't say it's grainy on LDAC... I agree with the rest though. Es100 seems like a better device in regards to price/performance

Note 8, LDAC of course. It just doesn't sound as clean as the competitor.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 11
Note 8, LDAC of course. It just doesn't sound as clean as the competitor.

That I agree, it's not as clean as the bluewave get and the BTR3... Haven't tried the es100 though. I wouldn't go as far as grainy, but that's my impression. :) They did refund me after complaining about the notification sounds and clip, as they could not fix it. So I guess a free dac/amp isn't THAT bad...

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #11 of 11
That I agree, it's not as clean as the bluewave get and the BTR3... Haven't tried the es100 though. I wouldn't go as far as grainy, but that's my impression. :) They did refund me after complaining about the notification sounds and clip, as they could not fix it. So I guess a free dac/amp isn't THAT bad...

Oh well, for free... maybe. :D

BTR3 is still the best price to performance wise IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back