AURALiC owners unite!
Aug 8, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #2,206 of 2,392
It’s blurry , it was impossible to get a clear image with the iPad

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #2,207 of 2,392
Looks good, from what I can make out. The metal wire should be unbroken and attached at both ends. If you give it a shake it should stay put. If it moves or you hear soft ringing it's broken.

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #2,208 of 2,392
Yeah it all appears ok to me . Thanks for the help.
I am assuming it’s just had it’s day

Aug 15, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #2,209 of 2,392
I have had to send my Taurus to the USA at a cost of £59. Wow
I just hope it can be fixed as it’s an expensive product for it to stop working in the first 4 years . Also I love it and miss it already :wink:

Aug 15, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #2,210 of 2,392
I just hope it can be fixed as it’s an expensive product for it to stop working in the first 4 years . Also I love it and miss it already :wink:
I'll be curious to hear what they said went wrong. Sorry to hear that.

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #2,211 of 2,392
Hopefully you get it fixed soon. I live close by to you in Gateshead and I know that Lintone Audio are an Auralic dealer now as I bought an Aries G1 from them last week so maybe they can help if you haven't already tried them.
I've also sold my original vega for a Vega G1 so when I get a bit of time I'll compare the headphone socket on that to the Taurus mk11

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #2,212 of 2,392
Hopefully you get it fixed soon. I live close by to you in Gateshead and I know that Lintone Audio are an Auralic dealer now as I bought an Aries G1 from them last week so maybe they can help if you haven't already tried them.
I've also sold my original vega for a Vega G1 so when I get a bit of time I'll compare the headphone socket on that to the Taurus mk11

Hello good to hear from someone close to me .. I thought I was the only northerner into Hi-Fi and headphones
I have sent it off now so we will see what happens . I used to deal with Lintone a few years ago. You also used to have the Taurus ?

Aug 16, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #2,213 of 2,392
Hello good to hear from someone close to me .. I thought I was the only northerner into Hi-Fi and headphones
I have sent it off now so we will see what happens . I used to deal with Lintone a few years ago. You also used to have the Taurus ?
I still have the Taurus mk11. I've added the Vega G1 and Aries G1 in the last few weeks but as I'm having some work done at home I haven't set it up yet so it's all packed away and boxed up. Hopefully it will be set up next weekend if I get a chance. I'll swap the Taurus in for a Taurus G model if they eventually release one as they plan to in the future so it all matches visually.

Aug 17, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #2,214 of 2,392
I’ve got an Aries G1 and an Oppo 205. Both setup as Roon endpoints. Really surprising how much better the G1 sounds - I use a Yggy A2 and a Gumby A2 and the G1 sounded better with either DAC. Makes me wonder how much better the G2 sounds....

Aug 26, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #2,215 of 2,392
Ok my Taurus is now being repaired . Am I right to be a little disappointed that I am having to pay for this repair. I think it’s going to cost me around £260 in total to get this repaired and back to me

The unit is just under 4 years old so I know it’s out of warranty , but I do expect more shelf life than this from an amp I paid about £1500 for. It does not get a great deal of use either
I am a financial adviser so maybe we are just tight by nature ; -) but I do feel a bit disappointed with this

Sep 13, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #2,216 of 2,392
Does the taurus mkii come with a remote?

Sep 13, 2019 at 3:37 AM Post #2,218 of 2,392
Mine is 4 year old and does not come with a remote.
Thanks.
I just bought a second hand taurus mkii (without a remote).
Will/Should replace my cayin iha6 (or bump it to a second room)

Anyone using it with empyrean and hekse or v2?

Sep 20, 2019 at 3:25 AM Post #2,219 of 2,392
Just received my taurus mkii.

Re using it as a preamp (through xlr outputs of taurus) for my active monitors is there anything i need to know re this?

thanks
Peter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back