AURALiC owners unite!
Dec 23, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #2,161 of 2,392
Hi, I have an Auralic Taurus and I was wondering if any one here has encountered a slight buzz coming from the unit's power section. I have it connected to an AVR as the power here is not so stable but still, I hear buzzing after a few hours of the Taurus powered up.
My Taurus is dead silent. No sound whatsoever. Try plugging it into something else, maybe a ups with a battery backup. I was thinking along the lines of isolating the ac circuit from the other things that are on the circuit especially if you don't have many choices of what to plug it in to. If its not plugged in to the avr does it still make a sound?

Dec 23, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #2,163 of 2,392
My Taurus is dead silent. No sound whatsoever. Try plugging it into something else, maybe a ups with a battery backup. I was thinking along the lines of isolating the ac circuit from the other things that are on the circuit especially if you don't have many choices of what to plug it in to. If its not plugged in to the avr does it still make a sound?

It is worse without the AVR. Thank you for your thoughts. I did plug it on another house and it did not make any noise so the AC in my house is that shoddy. :frowning2: I think it's time to buy a new AVR or a UPS just like you mentioned.

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #2,165 of 2,392
It is worse without the AVR. Thank you for your thoughts. I did plug it on another house and it did not make any noise so the AC in my house is that shoddy. :frowning2: I think it's time to buy a new AVR or a UPS just like you mentioned.
So its not the taurus. Maybe a good external power supply.

Jan 6, 2019 at 11:06 PM Post #2,166 of 2,392
HI, I just bought a used Taurus MkII and love its sonic a lot. I am using a Sony SCD XA5400ES as source and have the Taurus driving a pair of Senn HD800 and a pair of Beyer T1 and I found the extensions, sound stage and details are excellent. It has the most transparent sound I have heard for a long time with excellent SACD recordings.
I read somewhere on the Auralic website there is a new headamp coming out to match the G2 series, does anyone has any information on this amp? I would like to see if there is a lot of difference between the new and the old.

Feb 10, 2019 at 1:55 AM Post #2,171 of 2,392
Hey, anyone care to share experience on the Vega G2?

I'm a bit strapped for time, but here goes an initial impression list:

• Build quality is astounding
  • Volume Control if you haven't used one like this can take getting used to the resistor ladder attenuator with its clicks; so far fidelity is great at low levels. I am coming from a Tortuga LDR and resolution is there in spades like the LDR
  • Having the extra analog input is great; allows me to use my phono stage
  • Tested Spotify Connect on a little; volume a little strange there when trying to control with phone
  • MQA need to test more
  • Configured a remote easily and then configured to Logitech Harmony
  • Using ROON Core NUC streaming is top notch and I have been able to do DSD512 at 1x rate with no issues; coming from Vega DAC which was great but in EXACT mode could be picky with source
  • Tidal works but takes forever to buffer and I get drops; based on my location I think
  • Using the ORFEO balanced outputs to Digital Amp Co. Golden Cherries in my new PAP speakers I am hearing all the warmth my SET system had but with more resolution. So, since I have a whole new system so I'm probably not the best person to make a specific A/B comparison but overall very please with the stability of the DAC in streaming mode.

Feb 10, 2019 at 11:18 AM Post #2,172 of 2,392
I'm a bit strapped for time, but here goes an initial impression list:

• Build quality is astounding
  • Volume Control if you haven't used one like this can take getting used to the resistor ladder attenuator with its clicks; so far fidelity is great at low levels. I am coming from a Tortuga LDR and resolution is there in spades like the LDR
  • Having the extra analog input is great; allows me to use my phono stage
  • Tested Spotify Connect on a little; volume a little strange there when trying to control with phone
  • MQA need to test more
  • Configured a remote easily and then configured to Logitech Harmony
  • Using ROON Core NUC streaming is top notch and I have been able to do DSD512 at 1x rate with no issues; coming from Vega DAC which was great but in EXACT mode could be picky with source
  • Tidal works but takes forever to buffer and I get drops; based on my location I think
  • Using the ORFEO balanced outputs to Digital Amp Co. Golden Cherries in my new PAP speakers I am hearing all the warmth my SET system had but with more resolution. So, since I have a whole new system so I'm probably not the best person to make a specific A/B comparison but overall very please with the stability of the DAC in streaming mode.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm curious to hear whether the headphones output is any good or just there for convenience.

Feb 10, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,174 of 2,392
I picked up the original Vega used for a great price a few years ago. I've been very pleased with it. It works well with my BHSE to Stax 009S and MHA150 to Susvara. It allows me to run both at once via XLR and RCA and A/B them. Fun stuff. Solid DAC, especially when found at great prices used...

Feb 15, 2019 at 5:35 PM Post #2,175 of 2,392
I picked up the original Vega used for a great price a few years ago. I've been very pleased with it. It works well with my BHSE to Stax 009S and MHA150 to Susvara. It allows me to run both at once via XLR and RCA and A/B them. Fun stuff. Solid DAC, especially when found at great prices used...

I have the exact same electrostatic setup, except a STAX 009. My only complaint is that I wish the Vega had a bit less gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back