AURALiC owners unite!
Nov 14, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #2,146 of 2,392
6886F3AE-530F-441F-8590-70268375EB16.png
6B828D1A-CBB9-4EB8-ADE9-2E1E55AED214.png
In which way is the SSD formated? And does your credentials allows writing to the SSD? On the Aries Le I must use credentials with WRITE rights on my NAS. I don't like that but hey, its kinda take it or leave it...

I don't think the G1 copies your music files to RAM (well, it does for playback purposes). The Aries is a different device but I can shutdown my NAS or the Aries and won't loose my libary.

Closing the lightning App should not delete your lib (libary information is stored on your tablet or phone). Uh, may be you enabled an option like "scan on startup". Then when you start the DS App before the SSD is online, it will whipe all your info (libary). Just a though...
Thank you for the info I tried contacting the dealer but no word yet and yes maybe your right il check the scan on start up tonight maybe that’s why I’m loosing my library you never know?
Thanks again for your quick response. Which option should I have on do you think?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2018 at 9:19 PM Post #2,147 of 2,392
Hello all Auralic users.
I am a new owner of Taurus MK2. Using HD800.
Searching for a good pairing DAC.
Considering my budged I reviewed these options:
-SABRE DAC - Matrix X-Sabre Pro vs L.K.S. DA-004.
-R2R Dac - Holo Audio Cyan or Spring DAC Level 1.
Also there is RME ADI2 DAC (fair price, good reviews).

Any recommendations or thoughts?
I can only speak for what I actually have extensive experience with, and that's the Taurus MkII and Gungnir Multi-Bit combo. They seem to compliment each other well. I listen via Massdrop x Focal Elex (Black Dragon v2 cables) or Sennheiser HD650 (Silver Dragon v3 cables), and I have zero complaints. Right now, I should be getting ready for bed, but my Police 6-LP box set arrived this afternoon, and I'm just wrapping up listening to Zenyatta Mondatta. You'll lose track of time with the Taurus + Gumby combo, that's for sure.

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #2,149 of 2,392
I feel like I never get the nob on my taurus mkii to over 20% on my focal elex. It's probably too powerful?

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #2,150 of 2,392
I can only speak for what I actually have extensive experience with, and that's the Taurus MkII and Gungnir Multi-Bit combo. They seem to compliment each other well. I listen via Massdrop x Focal Elex (Black Dragon v2 cables) or Sennheiser HD650 (Silver Dragon v3 cables), and I have zero complaints. Right now, I should be getting ready for bed, but my Police 6-LP box set arrived this afternoon, and I'm just wrapping up listening to Zenyatta Mondatta. You'll lose track of time with the Taurus + Gumby combo, that's for sure.
I used the same taurus + gungnir combo on elex. I feel that the cymbal is much louder than I expected

Nov 28, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #2,151 of 2,392
I used the same taurus + gungnir combo on elex. I feel that the cymbal is much louder than I expected
If you are in balanced mode, continue with the wire but go to std on the mkii and see if that makes a positive difference for you.

Dec 3, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #2,155 of 2,392
Dec 4, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #2,156 of 2,392
i recently purchased the aries g1 and wanted to try the different inputs , coax and optical
but for the life of me i cant get them to work ? i have tried everything i can but no joy
when i plug in through the coax there is nothing in the output channel on the aries menu
its like its not reading it at all . i have tried lightning web control app too but the settings
are the same as the on screen menu on the aries screen.
does anyone know how i can get these to work ?
thank you .

Dec 6, 2018 at 1:09 PM Post #2,157 of 2,392
can anyone please help me
i have been racking my brains for the past few weeks about something that should be so simple.
i purchased the aries g1 which was an ex display model and they was using it conected via usb which was fine i got it home and was also using the usb input .
i have tried using the coax and the optical but both will not work , i have tried everything in the settings and still the aries is not recognizing these inputs only the usb .
i tried the user interface but cant find anything there all the settings are the same as the on screen menu on the player
how the hell do i get these inputs to work its driving me crazy .
thank you hope you can help .

Dec 6, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #2,158 of 2,392
can anyone please help me
i have been racking my brains for the past few weeks about something that should be so simple.
i purchased the aries g1 which was an ex display model and they was using it conected via usb which was fine i got it home and was also using the usb input .
i have tried using the coax and the optical but both will not work , i have tried everything in the settings and still the aries is not recognizing these inputs only the usb .
i tried the user interface but cant find anything there all the settings are the same as the on screen menu on the player
how the hell do i get these inputs to work its driving me crazy .
thank you hope you can help .
Have you tried activating them from within the device menu? I think you have to select DIGITAL OUTPUTS within the device menu in order to activate them.

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:42 AM Post #2,159 of 2,392
Have you tried activating them from within the device menu? I think you have to select DIGITAL OUTPUTS within the device menu in order to activate them.
thank you for your help had a bit of a dull moment i was looking for something in the settings named coax or optical do not now why , had a brain fart for a while thanks again.

Dec 22, 2018 at 9:06 PM Post #2,160 of 2,392
Hi, I have an Auralic Taurus and I was wondering if any one here has encountered a slight buzz coming from the unit's power section. I have it connected to an AVR as the power here is not so stable but still, I hear buzzing after a few hours of the Taurus powered up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back