AURALiC owners unite!
Jun 1, 2015 at 9:40 PM Post #1,336 of 2,392
I'm sorry but I don't have experience with the pioneer or know its capability. The Bluesound has very good accessibility for Android and iOS. The Auralic not yet. It also works really well with Spotify and Tidal. In my family we all have the Bluesound and Spotify apps on our phones and on the computer. The Auralic had an advantage in that you can send the sound direct from the PC from any app (I think) and they are working on their android. I assume both of these devices would stream a higher quality sound than pioneer but that could just be the audiophile snob in me.
I've found having all my music stored on a NAS to be really helpful with a streamer but it is not essential.

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:30 AM Post #1,337 of 2,392
I'm sorry but I don't have experience with the pioneer or know its capability. The Bluesound has very good accessibility for Android and iOS. The Auralic not yet. It also works really well with Spotify and Tidal. In my family we all have the Bluesound and Spotify apps on our phones and on the computer. The Auralic had an advantage in that you can send the sound direct from the PC from any app (I think) and they are working on their android. I assume both of these devices would stream a higher quality sound than pioneer but that could just be the audiophile snob in me.
I've found having all my music stored on a NAS to be really helpful with a streamer but it is not essential.

Cheers for this.

Jun 12, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,338 of 2,392
Hey Gents!

Took the plunge and purchased a Taurus Mk. 2, thank you Old Groucho, and looking forward to its arrival Monday! My current system is a Lyr 2, Uber Bifrost, Wyrd, and HE560s (Norne Draug 2 balanced and SE), Grado PS1000/500e, AKG K7XX, and Alclair RSM CIEMs. Definitely considering picking up an HD800, HE1000, or Dharma in the future. Also, picked up a Monarchy 22B to try out. Wanted to see what the R2R fuss is all about.

Anybody have any experience with the Vega vs. the Yggardasil and the Taurus MK. 2? How about the T1 vs. HD800 with the Taurus? Thanks in advance!

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:25 AM Post #1,339 of 2,392
Hi, I've acquired some time ago an Auralic Taurus MKI 2nd hand and have been enjoying it immensely. But, since the beginning I had a strange issue. Each time I turned it on the volume is very low whatever the level of the volume knob. I have to switch once to XLR output and then back to RCA in order to get proper sound.

Input is RCA from a Theta DS Pro Generation III, using SE with a pair of HD800. Would highly appreciate your feedback.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:41 AM Post #1,340 of 2,392
Did you contact Auralic? Maybe they have a suggestion.

Hi, I've acquired some time ago an Auralic Taurus MKI 2nd hand and have been enjoying it immensely. But, since the beginning I had a strange issue. Each time I turned it on the volume is very low whatever the level of the volume knob. I have to switch once to XLR output and then back to RCA in order to get proper sound.

Input is RCA from a Theta DS Pro Generation III, using SE with a pair of HD800. Would highly appreciate your feedback.

Jun 13, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #1,341 of 2,392
Yes, I contacted them and they replied me that the reseller should take care of that. I tried to contact the reseller whose name I don't want to make public now but haven't got any reply yet.

Jun 13, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #1,343 of 2,392
Hey Gents!

Took the plunge and purchased a Taurus Mk. 2, thank you Old Groucho, and looking forward to its arrival Monday! My current system is a Lyr 2, Uber Bifrost, Wyrd, and HE560s (Norne Draug 2 balanced and SE), Grado PS1000/500e, AKG K7XX, and Alclair RSM CIEMs. Definitely considering picking up an HD800, HE1000, or Dharma in the future. Also, picked up a Monarchy 22B to try out. Wanted to see what the R2R fuss is all about.

Anybody have any experience with the Vega vs. the Yggardasil and the Taurus MK. 2? How about the T1 vs. HD800 with the Taurus? Thanks in advance!

I think you will like the amp with the he560. I do think that the amp can do better than the HE560 level headphone so looking at potential upgrades to your amp is an option to consider.

I haven't seen too many with both of those dacs. I've heard them on separate occasions but never with the same gear to help your question.

Jun 14, 2015 at 1:29 AM Post #1,344 of 2,392
I think you will like the amp with the he560. I do think that the amp can do better so looking at potential upgrades to your amp is an option to consider.

I haven't seen too many with both of those dacs. I've heard them on separate occasions but never with the same gear to help your question.

Thanks Rawster! Any luck on picking up an HD800?

I picked up a Monarchy 22B DAC to satisfy my R2R "jones" until I save up enough for another investment. It has dual PCM63 DAC chips in balanced mode, looking forward to listening to a fully balanced signal from DAC to amp, then on to headphones!

Jun 14, 2015 at 10:53 PM Post #1,345 of 2,392
I probably won't purchase anything any time soon. I like my current setup a lot and not sure I would pick that over the HE-6. Also, I might be planning a move in the next few months or a new city so it's not wise to purchase something now only to sell or hold in storage later. 

Jun 15, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #1,346 of 2,392
  Hey Gents!

I have the Taurus MK II and the Gungnir and am looking at getting either the Yggy or the Vega. There is not a lot of information or comparisons from members who have both, From the ones i have spoken with all say they are both magical DACs in their own ways but they tend to lean more towards the Yggy for non critical listening and considering the nearly 1000 USD difference in price between the 2 it is a hard decision to make.

I am putting off purchasing either till i can get to a local head fi meet and listen to both with my headphones and compare but that is not till September =( 

Jun 15, 2015 at 8:43 PM Post #1,347 of 2,392
I have the Taurus MK II and the Gungnir and am looking at getting either the Yggy or the Vega. There is not a lot of information or comparisons from members who have both, From the ones i have spoken with all say they are both magical DACs in their own ways but they tend to lean more towards the Yggy for non critical listening and considering the nearly 1000 USD difference in price between the 2 it is a hard decision to make.

I am putting off purchasing either till i can get to a local head fi meet and listen to both with my headphones and compare but that is not till September =( 

Thanks NZAudezy, appreciate the feedback. The Taurus arrived this afternoon, out of the box it was a little congested. Once it warmed up the soundstage became expansive, sounds a lot like my big Krell did, non-fatiguing but very detailed . That's a hard to pull off!

Brief listens with my 560 SE/bal, PS1000 and CIEMs beautiful black background, a bit of bleed with the volume pot all the way down.

More to come......

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #1,348 of 2,392
The Taurus Mk. 2 arrived today from the Great White North, out of the box it sounded a little congested, warmed up it is incredible!!!!!

Not a lot of listening time but on both the HE560 with the Norne Draug 2 from the balanced output, Grado PS1000 from SE, goosebumps, so very real. Cymbals, triangles, floating in the air with a perfect shimmer, damn straight musicality. Reminds me a lot of my big Krell (when it was working), so very clean and musical at the same time.

OK, now I need more revealing cans, anybody have an extra pair of HD800s?

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:26 AM Post #1,349 of 2,392
I have the ARIES and I really like it.

I am looking forward the availability of version 2.0 of the lightning DS iPad software.  I hope it will fix all remaining bugs..

Jun 16, 2015 at 11:36 AM Post #1,350 of 2,392
The Taurus Mk. 2 is incredible, the soundstage and imaging are the best I have heard from a headphone amp. I am hearing height information and instruments, vocals buried deep in the mix that I didn't know was there previously. Simply incredible, truly reminds me of Krell and Mark Levinson's glory days, music flows effortlessly from a deep black background.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back