Audio Lokahi IEM impressions and reviews thread
Jan 4, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #48 of 760
New aur storm has 7 ba per side and had better ba to replace 2 ba unit but tuning is same

hi, do you have any sources to prove the 7BA is indeed new? From what I had gathered on XianYu it had always been 7BA with the colored shells, in the vision of IER-Z1R tuning. Unless internals have been verified, or all three alleged different models are compare with, I would not assume "8BA or 8+1" in the same housing. 8BA/8+1 popped up in Carousell Marketplace (Singapore) only recently, after the 7BA.

Jan 5, 2021 at 4:17 AM Post #50 of 760
Hey guys, just wanted to leave my 2 cents of Feedback. I got hyped after Crinacle took measurements of 8 BA model as some of the other folks who were early to make an order.

In general it took around 1.5 months to receive them in Russia. I have waited in line a little bit and shipping is around 3 weeks to my location.
In my opinion sound is great on 8 BA model especially for the price. If I try nitpicking I may say that bass may be a little over my preferences on some tracks but on 95 % of tracks it is just as I would like it to be. It is not anemic but not bloated either so it's done just right in my opinion.

For mids & highs they are done great - no sibilance or shouty mids. Tonality wise very good and requires no adaptation. I d say they are not dark and not bright, they are just right. Enough air and brightness for music to be vivid yet no fatigue over long listening sessions.

Also they have good localization of instruments in space and general soundstage feels a little above general in that price bracket.

I highly recommend 8 BA model based on my experience. I have payed a little lower than current price but even with what they ask for these iems right now is a fair price in my opinion. At current moment I also have TinHiFi P2 and BGVM DM8 and 8 BA model is my prefernce over those two.

Also their shape fits better than 99 % of IEMs which I've had before and I've had a lot. I don't know about changes which were made to 7 BA model but 8BA has a very balanced, wonderful sound. They are very well done so whoever engineered them should be proud, he did a great job.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #52 of 760
Last edited:
Jan 5, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #54 of 760
wait Im late about this, the tuning is superb!!

DynamicEars target.jpg

really close to my personal target!!

Jan 6, 2021 at 2:40 AM Post #57 of 760

Is it Storm or Nimbus' graph?

Edit: just realize it is your target

Thanks

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2021 at 7:13 AM Post #58 of 760

would you like to shed some light on how it compares to your Z1R?

Jan 6, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #59 of 760
New aur storm has 7 ba per side and had better ba to replace 2 ba unit but tuning is same
Sorry you didn't really elaborate well enough, I asked where you get this information.
Do you work on behalf of Aur Audio

Housing same , he updated the driver with a new ba that takes care of 2 ba

Explain ???? 1 ba = 2ba? So BA count of Storm is ???

Jan 6, 2021 at 10:14 AM Post #60 of 760

Users who are viewing this thread

Back