Aune X1S 32bit DSD DAC worldwide review tour ------reviewers wanted !
Sep 1, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #110 of 460
Don't have much time now, class starting in 3 minutes, but here's a few impressions:

Neutrality: dead neutral, not warm, and not cold. This allows it to be spacious too, which I'll mention soon.

Lows: Not boosted, I noticed, which is welcome considering how many dac/amps (amps specifically) I've seen have a raised low end. The bass is clean here as well, very clean - headphone dependent though.

Mids: Not enough time with them, but sounds good so far.

Highs: T90 still has sharp treble, which means I don't think there's any roloff or reduced highs here.

Soundstage: HUUUUUUUGE. Best part about the X1S so far.

Clarity: very, very clear - haven't heard much gear with this clarity and spacious-ness.

Detail - above average, but not a purely analytical amp. The X1S is very musical while still bring much detail to the table.

More to come after class! 

Sep 1, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #112 of 460
So the Europe group's unit has been sitting at customs for a day without any movement at all. I've contacted customs and explained the situation, as that's the only thing I can do for now. 

Sorry about any delays, but I feel that @AuneAudio should be responsible for this matter.

Sep 1, 2015 at 6:28 PM Post #116 of 460
  true but I wanted to see the connectors :) 
Anyway is it a linear or switching psu?

Don't know the difference :/ I'll perhaps look that up soon. Have to do the review tonight, or at least part of it 
smile.gif
 Anyway, the input on the back that looks like it's for "balanced" input is for the power supply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back