Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 1, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #8,251 of 8,309
Long time Aune T1 owner. Love it. Still working great.

I moved my office upstairs from my main beefy computer rig, and ran a usb extender via cat6. Everything works great, but when I use all 4 ports of the hub, I am getting constant power shortages.

Do any of you know how much current the Aune T1 draws from the USB signal cable. I have the supplied power supply plugged in, but I am trying to rule out whether it is the Aune or the USB mic drawing too much current.

Nothing on the Aune website caches lets me know this.

Thank you if you can help.

I still use V1 T1 and although it works fine atm over the years I've often had problems with it either slowly killing usb ports it's plugged into or needing be switched on/off multiple times before being recognized and working properly in windows. I don't think it's the usb ports as none of my other devices have caused any problems like that, it's always the port that the aune is plugged into that has problems. I have a vague memory of someone posting that they had run into a similar problem years ago and suspected something similar to what you're describing, but I couldn't find the post (dunno if it was on here or not) despite searching.

How is it you are recognizing it to be a power shortage? Sorry I can't help regarding current, but thought I'd let you know someone else is having the same trouble and I've long suspected the T1 to have a problem like this!

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM Post #8,252 of 8,309
Long time Aune T1 owner. Love it. Still working great.

I moved my office upstairs from my main beefy computer rig, and ran a usb extender via cat6. Everything works great, but when I use all 4 ports of the hub, I am getting constant power shortages.

Do any of you know how much current the Aune T1 draws from the USB signal cable. I have the supplied power supply plugged in, but I am trying to rule out whether it is the Aune or the USB mic drawing too much current.

Nothing on the Aune website caches lets me know this.

Thank you if you can help.
Aune T1 does not use any power from USB, only DATA+/DATA-.
Seems You have grounding issues somewhere in chain/system.
I`m running my Aune T1 with USB +5V rail disabled(chopped off) but left ground - in use for shielding purpose.

Nov 6, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #8,253 of 8,309
I know this is old thread, and Aune T1 is old product, but I need help. My Aune headphone jack is busted (only left side make good contact, so I don't have any sound in right side), and I have friends who good at soldering and desoldering, but what kind of headphone jack is used in Aune T1 amp section?
Can it replaced by another type? If by any chance I can't find same jack type.

Thank you for your help.

Nov 7, 2020 at 9:56 AM Post #8,254 of 8,309
I know this is old thread, and Aune T1 is old product, but I need help. My Aune headphone jack is busted (only left side make good contact, so I don't have any sound in right side), and I have friends who good at soldering and desoldering, but what kind of headphone jack is used in Aune T1 amp section?

Thank you for your help.
Hello friend! Welcome back to this once thriving thread! Maybe we can bring it back to life a bit.

So, I decided recently to upgrade the caps in my t1 unit. Unfortunately, I may have screwed up haha. I'm still working it out. However, If you give me a few moments, I will open her up now and check to see what kind of headphone jack this uses. Then, I'll try to find a suitable replacement online.

On a side note, I ordered the Aune T1s (mk 4) which I can find nary an impression on. Allegedly the caps are already improved and dac and amp sections improved as well. I'm certainly curious. Originally this baby was selling for $400 or so, but it is currently on eBay for $289. I also ordered an Aune XP3 linear power supply to pair with it.

For whatever reason, no matter what gear I have tried over the years, I can't stop myself from coming back to the T1.

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:03 AM Post #8,255 of 8,309
20201107_100242.jpg
20201107_100143.jpg

Nov 7, 2020 at 10:24 AM Post #8,257 of 8,309

Thank you for your help.
You should open it up and check the solder joints on the headphone jack. It's possible one is loose and it just needs to be retouched. This is often the failure point for input jacks. If it's really internal to the headphone jack, the contacts are just bent metal to provide the spring action. You might be able to get in there with a small screwdriver and bend the contact back. Joeq70, nice find on the jack, that sure does look like it.

Nov 15, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #8,258 of 8,309
Oh, thank you so much for the help! I'm not tech savy, so having the name to ask in the shop is mighty helpful.... That Amazon link is great!
Also, I'll try to bend the contact pin carefully first, nice info on that!

Thank you again for the kind help. I used Aune T1 in DAC mode when I'm tired of my current DAC (Topping E30) or want something more organic. Topping E30 sure above Aune T1 in technical aspects, but it can too cold and sterile, while Aune T1 DAC have enough that organic-analog sound. It's not the cleanest output (especially compared to E30) but I kind of like it time to time.

Dec 30, 2020 at 11:32 AM Post #8,259 of 8,309
I want to say Thank You for all the goog information in this thread.

Got my Aune T1SE MK3 two days ago. Listening with Fostex TH-X00 headphones. And enjoying it very, very much.
It is a used unit from ebay. Came with a Philips JAN 6922 tube. I retired my Fostex HP-A3 after a few comparisons. The Aune sounds better to me.

Today I got several deliveries of tubes. Now have 10. And I like tube rolling very much. Although i found it more difficult to define the differences between the tubes than I expected. Now playing is an Amperex 7308. Love it.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #8,260 of 8,309
I want to say Thank You for all the goog information in this thread.

Got my Aune T1SE MK3 two days ago. Listening with Fostex TH-X00 headphones. And enjoying it very, very much.
It is a used unit from ebay. Came with a Philips JAN 6922 tube. I retired my Fostex HP-A3 after a few comparisons. The Aune sounds better to me.

Today I got several deliveries of tubes. Now have 10. And I like tube rolling very much. Although i found it more difficult to define the differences between the tubes than I expected. Now playing is an Amperex 7308. Love it.
Yes, discerning tube differences can be a challenge. During my tube rolling days many pundits poo-pooed major differences given the variability in human hearing across people.
That said, I did have tons of fun rolling.

Dec 30, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #8,261 of 8,309
Yes, discerning tube differences can be a challenge. During my tube rolling days many pundits poo-pooed major differences given the variability in human hearing across people.
That said, I did have tons of fun rolling.
I noticed that some headphones are more sensitive to tube changes than others.

Side note: I have been using the Aune T1s (mk 4) for a couple months now and am enjoying it greatly. It's a terrific match for my modded Verum One mk2.

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #8,263 of 8,309
I spent the last three days in a listening room with a big Synästec Audio stereo system of exellent quality. Hooked up the Aune T1 and my laptop using the headphone port of the Aune. And did some tube rolling.
The only tube I now still like is the Amperex 7308. The others: Philips ECG JAN 6922, Amperex 6DJ8 Bugle Boy, Mullard ECC88 Made In GB, Siemens ECC88 081, Philips ECC88 Made In Holland, Valvo ECC88, Valvo E88CC and Ultron SQ PCC189 are not nearly as good. At least to me on this system, but the Amperex also sounds best on my headphones.
Any recommendations on tube types as good as the Amperex? Unfortunately anything less will not do anymore.

Jan 21, 2021 at 9:05 AM Post #8,265 of 8,309
Ultron SQ PCC189 are not nearly as good.
Can You take picture please?
I have 2 Ultrons which sound almost as good as my Siemens/Halske E88CC goldpin from 60`s.
Not sure about my Ultrons having same PCC189 code, maybe it was PCC88. I still have around 80 tubes lying around from tube-rolling days with Aune T1 mk1 (still using it and it is heavily modded).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back