Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
Sep 24, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #6,016 of 8,309
Hmmm,

Maybe thats why i'm so confused.  On my MK II, If there is no usb cable plugged in, I can plug in an external dac thru the line outputs, flip the top toggle to USB and viola -  I get it going thru to my headphones.  Right now I have the TV dac going thru to the Aune Line Out and amplifying my headphones.  I just wasn't sure if I should use it this way. Actually both Line in and outs are connected now I'm going to try the Apple TV.

Sep 24, 2014 at 9:59 PM Post #6,018 of 8,309
  Hmmm,

Maybe thats why i'm so confused.  On my MK II, If there is no usb cable plugged in, I can plug in an external dac thru the line outputs, flip the top toggle to USB and viola -  I get it going thru to my headphones.  Right now I have the TV dac going thru to the Aune Line Out and amplifying my headphones.  I just wasn't sure if I should use it this way. Actually both Line in and outs are connected now I'm going to try the Apple TV.

Yup, for me at least.

TV to DAC to Aune Line out, and top toggle on USB, works to amplify my headphones thru the AUNE.
Apple TV to another DAC to Aune Line in, and top toggle to line, and it amplifies my headphones thru the Aune.
In fact I can switch between the two by toggling USB/Line.

Sep 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #6,020 of 8,309
Hey Milan,

Did you resolve the issue of 24bit on the Aune Mk2's? I saw the literature on the Massdrop forum but was very confused. Can you point me to the software needed to make the changes to enable 24bit playback, if this is even possible?

Can't really be bothered sending my unit back from Australia so I hope this can be resolved. Keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #6,021 of 8,309
You're being quite unclear.

What is your signal chain?

I try to plug in my iBasso via S/PDIF to Aune t1 (RCA) output and see if I can get sound came out from the line-in. Nothing is coming out.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:09 AM Post #6,022 of 8,309
I try to plug in my iBasso via S/PDIF to Aune t1 (RCA) output and see if I can get sound came out from the line-in. Nothing is coming out.

Are you using an iBasso player or DAC? If you're using it as a DAC, why are you plugging into the T1? That makes no sense. Just plug your source into the T1 and your headphones into the T1. Don't daisy-chain your DACs.

The T1 accepts USB-in and RCA-in. If you're using an iBasso player and connecting it using the SPD/IF output, how are you connecting it to the T1? In USB or RCA?

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #6,024 of 8,309
  Hmmm,

Just so you're aware, it's "voilà."

A viola is a small violin. Don't mind me. lol!

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:20 AM Post #6,025 of 8,309
Are you using an iBasso player or DAC? If you're using it as a DAC, why are you plugging into the T1? That makes no sense. Just plug your source into the T1 and your headphones into the T1. Don't daisy-chain your DACs.

The T1 accepts USB-in and RCA-in. If you're using an iBasso player and connecting it using the SPD/IF output, how are you connecting it to the T1? In USB or RCA?

I know and I just try and see if it works like that and the answer is no.
My Aune t1 stick with my iMac via USB.
My iBasso DX100 has a better DAC so it will stick with my HiFiMan

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:39 AM Post #6,026 of 8,309
  Hey Milan,

Did you resolve the issue of 24bit on the Aune Mk2's? I saw the literature on the Massdrop forum but was very confused. Can you point me to the software needed to make the changes to enable 24bit playback, if this is even possible?

Can't really be bothered sending my unit back from Australia so I hope this can be resolved. Keep fighting the good fight.

Cheers.

Yeah, and sadly you'll need to send it back to Massdrop if you want it replaced. They sent me a prepaid shipping label though so maybe they'll take care of that for you too. Aune won't admit fault, just saying that going forward on Mk2s they'll program them to natively show 24bit support. Ignoring their delusional claim that the Mk2 actually supports 24+32bit and DSD without providing any way to access it, it's still a pretty decent product - Aune is just a bunch of ********.

Sep 25, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #6,027 of 8,309
I take it you tried adjusting the gain dips? Hopefully it sorts itself out... Did you try RCA in so it's just the amp as opposed to the DAC?

I checked and the gains are all set to 0. I never played with the gains, t1's amp always had abundant power even for my 250ohm Beyers,

I wish I could do that, but all my other DACs and sources have a 3.5mm line out and don't have RCA outs. So unless I get a 3.55 mm to RCA cable (which I'll be buying soon) there's no way to tell whether it's from the tube or the amp. I'm still waiting on my new tube,i just hope this problem is from my old tube.

As for now I'm using my Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC, $43 only but gets you 90% of the T1's sonic abilities on stock tubes. (if not more)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back