Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+ SS Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for FAQ--Updated on 02/14/15***
May 23, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #5,267 of 8,309
I think my T1 just broke. Any legit places I can get this MK2?

May 23, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #5,268 of 8,309
May 24, 2014 at 4:27 AM Post #5,269 of 8,309
Finland, but it seems i posted this too hastily. Tried different tubes and E17 and they all had the same rattling sound. I located the problem to be my usb port not the T1. It seems that I cant have anything in the port next to amp usb port or there will be rattling distorted sound. Don't really know what causes this but at least its working now that i have removed my other usb connections.

May 26, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #5,273 of 8,309
Finished the cap upgrade job on my T1 and hopefully will be able to post a review this week. Also waiting to receive the solid state X1 Pro and I'll offer a comparison when I've had a chance to burn it in and listen.

edit:
Just finally got my headphones plugged in... holy wow. This thing sounds very, very very good. CoiL wasn't exaggerating on the difference that the Silmic II caps make... Damn this is beautiful.

Daaaamn. Liquid, silky, smooth and much much deeper depth are my initial impressions. (I didn't have my headphones handy the last 4-5 days and I was getting a bit skeptical that the caps would even change the sound... so far I'm a huge believer).

... I will let it burn in for a while and before I give my full impressions.

May 26, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #5,274 of 8,309
  How do you adjust the gain. i know about the switches on the bottom of the dac, but what position = what gain.

Click the "view / show all images in this thread" on the top right corner of this thread/page

Scroll down a bit, there are pics of the manual posted by Salvatore (sp?) on Oct 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm showing how to change the gain

Dont know how to re link/post that particular image here
tongue.gif

May 27, 2014 at 2:37 AM Post #5,276 of 8,309
  How do you adjust the gain. i know about the switches on the bottom of the dac, but what position = what gain.

Manual and gain settings along with all other useful info can be found in first post faq and the useful posts link.

May 27, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #5,277 of 8,309
Finished the cap upgrade job on my T1 and hopefully will be able to post a review this week. Also waiting to receive the solid state X1 Pro and I'll offer a comparison when I've had a chance to burn it in and listen.

edit:
Just finally got my headphones plugged in... holy wow. This thing sounds very, very very good. CoiL wasn't exaggerating on the difference that the Silmic II caps make... Damn this is beautiful.

Daaaamn. Liquid, silky, smooth and much much deeper depth are my initial impressions. (I didn't have my headphones handy the last 4-5 days and I was getting a bit skeptical that the caps would even change the sound... so far I'm a huge believer).

... I will let it burn in for a while and before I give my full impressions.

Is the cap upgrade within the DAC portion or amp portion of the circuit?

May 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #5,279 of 8,309
  How can I use one (bought from USA) in EU lands? I think I need extra something to make the adaptor work here due to electricity stuff.

The USA one should be stamped 110V 50-60Hz. Your power in the EU is probably 220V 50Hz, so you would need a step-down transformer to take 220V to 110V, and also an adapter to plug the USA transformer into.

You can usually get a converter which will do both things at once... the converter will have a wattage rating, and the Aune adapter only puts out 1A at 30V, which is 30W. I would go for a 100W converter minimum myself.

To summarize, just make sure the USA Aune transformer is being fed with the right voltage (V) and the right frequency (Hz).

May 27, 2014 at 10:56 AM Post #5,280 of 8,309
  Is the cap upgrade within the DAC portion or amp portion of the circuit?

There are four sets of caps that I replaced...
Two sets of caps are for the power supply circuit inside the Aune, which I imagine should power both the DAC and amp. (I would need to see a schematic for the T1 to confirm this). The other two sets of capacitors are on the headphone amp board.

As for the capacitor #'s, I have them written down somewhere, but I can grab them for you if you like (If you open up your T1, you'll see the printed circuit board has C## printed beside each cap, so they are easy to reference). CoiL also has a lot of information... he did the upgrade first and recommended it to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back