Aune T1 - TV??
Feb 14, 2015 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Blaalad12

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys. Long story short. Iam looking to buy a new pair of headphones strictly for use with my TV. They will be used mostly for movies. I settled on the dt990 pro as they seem to be recommended alot and are reasonably priced. However, seemingly they need to be amped. I cannot afford to buy an amp but i do already have an aune t1 which may actually pair well with these but is it possible to connect it to my TV?

If so, what cable do i need to buy to connect them?

Feb 14, 2015 at 9:13 AM Post #2 of 3
Ok guys. I have just figured out that the only outputs on the TV are the headphone out, Optical output and i maybe wrong but i think the HDMI arc port is out aswell.

I only have rca inputs on my amp so the easiest n cheapest thing to do is to buy a headphone to rca cable but how would that affect the sound? Bare in mind this set up is strictly for watching TV / movies so sound quality so a slight drop in sound quality might not be as noticeable compared to listening to music?

Will this do the job or should i be lookin at other options? And what are my other options.

Feb 15, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 3
Ok guys. I have just figured out that the only outputs on the TV are the headphone out, Optical output and i maybe wrong but i think the HDMI arc port is out aswell.

I only have rca inputs on my amp so the easiest n cheapest thing to do is to buy a headphone to rca cable but how would that affect the sound? Bare in mind this set up is strictly for watching TV / movies so sound quality so a slight drop in sound quality might not be as noticeable compared to listening to music?

Will this do the job or should i be lookin at other options? And what are my other options.

A headphone to rca cable will work, but the headphone out on your TV will be amped rather than a true line out. Double amping generally degrades sound quality and is not recommended. However, there' no real way to know the end result until you try it. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back