Aune S6 Pro Owners thread - Discussions/reviews
Sep 1, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #16 of 23
Yes your right. In the end your amp is putting out the power. But not sure how this works.. how can an amp make a real balanced output when is only fed by 1 signal.

So its flipping the signal over de second hot before the amplification or after amplification.

So lets say output of the Aune s6 pro is 2 volt. It wil always give 2 volts to RCA. But when you need to feed an extra hot as in xlr. Voltage can drop or the amperage. In both situations, you lose output watt. Means you S7 pro has less wat to amply, so less volume.
Does this make sense?

**edit** my point of not being real balanced
On Aune S6 spec page it says it has 3.6V "true" balanced XLR line-out.

To previous poster your 2V or more single ended input might be doubled to 4+V with a single ended to balanced circuit which could explain the lower volume compared to the 3.6Vrms of the Aune S6 balanced output.
Does that make sense?

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #17 of 23
Yes your right. In the end your amp is putting out the power. But not sure how this works.. how can an amp make a real balanced output when is only fed by 1 signal.

So its flipping the signal over de second hot before the amplification or after amplification.

So lets say output of the Aune s6 pro is 2 volt. It wil always give 2 volts to RCA. But when you need to feed an extra hot as in xlr. Voltage can drop or the amperage. In both situations, you lose output watt. Means you S7 pro has less wat to amply, so less volume.
Does this make sense?

**edit** my point of not being real balanced
I can build myself a good balanced or unbalanced cable but unfortunately I don't know these concepts.

So you are telling me that although the S6 Pro is not a true balanced, it does not allow to deliver a voltage of 4Vrms on the balanced outputs? and if it does, could the output impedance be compromised resulting in lower power?

Sep 1, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #18 of 23
On Aune S6 spec page it says it has 3.6V "true" balanced XLR line-out.

To previous poster your 2V or more single ended input might be doubled to 4+V with a single ended to balanced circuit which could explain the lower volume compared to the 3.6Vrms of the Aune S6 balanced output.
Does that make sense?
forgive me but I have not understood what you want to say to me

Sep 1, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #20 of 23
The output of the S6 Pro might be 3.6Vrms and not 4. If there is an SE>BAL circuit in S7 Pro, maybe that's why the SE input is louder to you.
I understand, so according to your reasoning the problem is to be attributed to the S7 Pro and not the S6 Pro, is that correct?

This sounds very strange though, as the S7 Pro is a fully balanced amplifier developed for maximum performance over a balanced connection.

The only way to do it is to do an empirical test by trying to connect another DAC with balanced outputs but at the moment I don't have any others available.

Sep 1, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #21 of 23
I understand, so according to your reasoning the problem is to be attributed to the S7 Pro and not the S6 Pro, is that correct?

This sounds very strange though, as the S7 Pro is a fully balanced amplifier developed for maximum performance over a balanced connection.

The only way to do it is to do an empirical test by trying to connect another DAC with balanced outputs but at the moment I don't have any others available.
Yes and no it's also the S6 having a slightly low voltage output over XLR. But if you check their measurements and specs it says 3.6V so yeah. No big deal to me but could explain what you experience.

Sep 1, 2021 at 5:01 PM Post #22 of 23
Yes and no it's also the S6 having a slightly low voltage output over XLR. But if you check their measurements and specs it says 3.6V so yeah. No big deal to me but could explain what you experience.
It is true that it is slightly lower (3.6Vrms x 2), but it is still higher than the unbalanced connection of 2.0Vrms x 2, instead this latter sends me a more powerful signal

Sep 2, 2021 at 2:15 AM Post #23 of 23
It is true that it is slightly lower (3.6Vrms x 2), but it is still higher than the unbalanced connection of 2.0Vrms x 2, instead this latter sends me a more powerful signal
In my Topping Pre90 pre-amp the single ended in balanced out automatically goes 2Vrms > 4Vrms due to single ended to balanced conversion. S7 Pro might work similar.

Not all amps do this though, most headphone amplifiers will just utilize the 2Vrms with a reduced maximum output as a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back