Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Aug 15, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #796 of 824
The M2 sounds exceptionally good when line output is to Aune B1 amplifier, which is also class A. its a synchronous match, clearly designed together
with wonderful dynamics, sparkle and clarity! somewhat mid focused combo, but overall a great combo that drives most headphones well! im referring to
initial model of B1, which i have, but newest model B1s is somewhat improved, still mid focused.

Aug 15, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #797 of 824
I Will use It alone and if sound signature is ok with my iBasso IT04, then I'll think about taking also the B1s.

I am curious to see how It compares with my Mojo..

Aug 16, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #799 of 824
Ty MadFrog, as soon as It is here I Will proceed. In the meanwhile I'll gather info in how to upgrade via sd card.

PS. I am wondering how far I Will be from Mojo performance, even with an eventual use of the B1s...

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2018 at 3:05 AM Post #801 of 824
Hi, just received my Pro and upgraded to latest firmware (thanks MadFrog).

Wow!

Only thing is, It still has some playback troubles like hissing WAV files, unprecise cue playing, missing files and non playing some FLAC (?!?).

I Will look into this as soon as I get back to my Mac, in the meanwhile I for test put a 256g card..It seems to work(!?!).

Still unsure whether to get rid of my Mojo though... It still sound more intimate, but the M2 Pro seems to play so effortlessly...

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #802 of 824
Guys.

Whats the current latest firmware for the AUNE M2s?

Is there already a support for the MICRO HDMI at the side?

cant believe ill be having this player back to me, its 5x now and i cant really get over it, still going back to this dap, its the best ive heard to date (sold my isine 20 to have back the aune m2s)

this time i plan on connecting this to my HIFI HOME SET UP, Harman Kardon Preamp and Poweramp Monobloc and KEF LS50 as my main source.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #803 of 824
Read Just 4 post ahead... 1.41 is the latest.

Aug 30, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #804 of 824
After over two years of use my bog-standard M2 has mysteriously died. I turned it off yesterday evening and it won't turn on anymore. Giving it a USB power source yields no indication of charge on the display. No physical damage whatsoever.

Maybe this thing is repairable but I haven't see anyone attempt to pry off the backcover, it all seems to be glued together. Above all, I wish a PMP existed with not only decent power output but also clean, serviceable electronics and Rockbox support, but there appears to be none.

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #805 of 824
After over two years of use my bog-standard M2 has mysteriously died. I turned it off yesterday evening and it won't turn on anymore. Giving it a USB power source yields no indication of charge on the display. No physical damage whatsoever.

Maybe this thing is repairable but I haven't see anyone attempt to pry off the backcover, it all seems to be glued together. Above all, I wish a PMP existed with not only decent power output but also clean, serviceable electronics and Rockbox support, but there appears to be none.

Maybe there is some dirt in usb port, try to clean it.

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #806 of 824

Have you looked at the Xduoo X3?

Aug 31, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #808 of 824
Aaand it is working again now, as in it's charging. Perhaps I've been a victim to a strange firmware bug that I couldn't leave until the battery was totally depleted.

I'm on a variation of the 1.30 firmware that I can assume is the 'primary' FW but at the time I installed it, it had not made its way to Aune's English site, so I can't be sure. Horror stories about 1.41 have kept me away.

Aug 31, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #809 of 824
Having just discovered unofficial Rockbox ports, I have, and it looks rather tempting. Perhaps if I had been better informed I would have picked this unit two years ago.
You should lurk in the obscure Chinese Daps forum then. New Daps pop up quite frequently.

Sep 9, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #810 of 824

Xduoo Daps are getting a lot of Rockbox love

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-xduoo-x-serie-dap-x20-x10-x3-xduoo-are-on-fire.867522/page-17

Users who are viewing this thread

Back