Aune M2 | AK4490 Dac | Class A amp | Dual Crystek USA Clocks |
Dec 6, 2015 at 11:49 PM Post #78 of 824
Nice solid looking DAP!  

Dec 7, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #79 of 824
Aune M2 review is up HERE. Sorry it took some time, but with firmware developing over time, I was waiting for some kinks to be ironed out. M2 is still not perfect, but is getting close to prime-time-ready. Sound is superb (that's something Aune always seems to get right). Enjoy.

Dec 7, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #80 of 824
Yes, both are good. I've got a wicked head cold right now, so no critical listening. When that's over, I need to compare sound for some DAPs. Esther and Aune M2 (non-pro) are two of them. I hope u do them justice!

What I'm REALLY hoping you could do sometime is compare the Aune M2 to the new Fiio X7, the old Fiio X5ii, and the Questyle QP1R, just purely in terms of sound, no UI or anything being considered. . . .

Dec 7, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #82 of 824
  What I'm REALLY hoping you could do sometime is compare the Aune M2 to the new Fiio X7, the old Fiio X5ii, and the Questyle QP1R, just purely in terms of sound, no UI or anything being considered. . . .

By "old X5ii" do you mean the X5ii or the old X5?

Dec 8, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #83 of 824
  Aune M2 review is up HERE. Sorry it took some time, but with firmware developing over time, I was waiting for some kinks to be ironed out. M2 is still not perfect, but is getting close to prime-time-ready. Sound is superb (that's something Aune always seems to get right). Enjoy.

Thank you!

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #84 of 824
Dec 8, 2015 at 2:54 PM Post #85 of 824

No access to QP1R, but the others are part of my review. Check it out if you haven't already.

Dec 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM Post #87 of 824
Working on QP1(R) as we speak
wink_face.gif

I for one await a tour   
L3000.gif

Dec 9, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #89 of 824
A couple of updates to my review posted yesterday. Added the following to the review this evening after some emails from Aune:

RE. Digital Out: Aune are currently working on an external docking connect through the Mini HDMI port, which will bring digital output capabilities (Coax, AES, I2S, etc.) via a receiver module to high end DAC.

RE. Battery Life: Aune states that the M2 is Class A music player, with voltage greater than 500MA, and that a compromise had to be made between a Class A/B device with 8 hours of playing time, and Class A with 6.5 hours. The decision was made to sacrifice playing time for better sound quality. With daily charging, 6.5 hours battery life should be enough for regular use, and external power packs can be used to extend this if necessary. Several hours later I got another another update saying that the battery life on the production models has been upped to 7.5+ hours. Not clear yet if that's a FW tweak, or if they've done something with hardware.

Good news nonetheless, and part of the fun (?) of reviewing pre-production models.

Dec 13, 2015 at 9:06 AM Post #90 of 824
  A couple of updates to my review posted yesterday. Added the following to the review this evening after some emails from Aune:

RE. Digital Out: Aune are currently working on an external docking connect through the Mini HDMI port, which will bring digital output capabilities (Coax, AES, I2S, etc.) via a receiver module to high end DAC.

RE. Battery Life: Aune states that the M2 is Class A music player, with voltage greater than 500MA, and that a compromise had to be made between a Class A/B device with 8 hours of playing time, and Class A with 6.5 hours. The decision was made to sacrifice playing time for better sound quality. With daily charging, 6.5 hours battery life should be enough for regular use, and external power packs can be used to extend this if necessary. Several hours later I got another another update saying that the battery life on the production models has been upped to 7.5+ hours. Not clear yet if that's a FW tweak, or if they've done something with hardware.

Good news nonetheless, and part of the fun (?) of reviewing pre-production models.

great news indeed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back