Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP with ESS9018KM + 2.5mm Balanced Out)
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #1,981 of 1,991
I still have my M1s but don’t use it much nowadays. I do like its shape (easy to hold) and the battery life. The line output mode is great for playing music in my car stereo, the higher output level really makes for an energetic sound. I also have a Luxury & Precision L3 and it has a more nuanced sound and detailed sound as it should since it’s more expensive. I have also used it in my car stereo but I really have to crank up the volume dial on the L3 to hear properly. It also has a poorer battery life compared to the M1s and doesn’t fit in my hand as nicely although it it’s much better made with a milled aluminum case.

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,982 of 1,991
I still have my M1s but don’t use it much nowadays. I do like its shape (easy to hold) and the battery life. The line output mode is great for playing music in my car stereo, the higher output level really makes for an energetic sound. I also have a Luxury & Precision L3 and it has a more nuanced sound and detailed sound as it should since it’s more expensive. I have also used it in my car stereo but I really have to crank up the volume dial on the L3 to hear properly. It also has a poorer battery life compared to the M1s and doesn’t fit in my hand as nicely although it it’s much better made with a milled aluminum case.
Hah , i think i have had LP L3 (or LP3 Pro?) before too , it's a compact and good sounding DAP as well , i think it's more appealing than what M1S has to offer in general , can't really remember much now but i loved the design :)

I still use m1s as my daily DAP , i really like the shape (somewhat similar to zx300) , battery's fine to me too .Maybe i'll sell it or keep it once i get an affordable DAP that i'm really into.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2020 at 7:30 PM Post #1,984 of 1,991
How’s the sound compared to Cowon Plenue D2 in SE or balanced?
i used to have a D2 or D2+ couldn't remember but speaking straight from my memory d2 was more natural-sounding , pretty clean background andro didn't hiss with it , okay-ish resolution. I wasn't very impressed with the sound quality of D2 , but the thing i enjoyed the most was the battery capability..... i could use it for a few weeks without charging

Mar 21, 2021 at 10:04 PM Post #1,986 of 1,991
New aune M1p on display in Shanghai:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg

Mar 22, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #1,987 of 1,991
That's quite interesting! What worries me a bit, though, is that they seem to be using the same software, so I wonder if they improved the handling of large microSD cards and large collections as it was one of the weak spots of the M1s.

Apr 12, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #1,988 of 1,991
Anyone here successfully opened their M1S or at least have an idea how to? I unscrewed the two tiny ones at the bottom part but I don't know where to go from there. The 2.5mm jack became loose and I feel a little resoldering will fix it.

Dec 20, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #1,989 of 1,991
Can get it anywhere? New or use?

Apr 21, 2023 at 7:55 AM Post #1,990 of 1,991
Old thread but digging it up in case anyone can help. I bought the M1p and it arrived yesterday - it won’t play album tracks in the correct order, it’s not set to shuffle but appears to play tracks that way - at least I can’t see a logic as to how it’s choosing tracks. I tried renaming files to start numerically, but it made no difference. Any suggestions from the M1s owners?

Apr 22, 2023 at 6:58 PM Post #1,991 of 1,991
Old thread but digging it up in case anyone can help. I bought the M1p and it arrived yesterday - it won’t play album tracks in the correct order, it’s not set to shuffle but appears to play tracks that way - at least I can’t see a logic as to how it’s choosing tracks. I tried renaming files to start numerically, but it made no difference. Any suggestions from the M1s owners?

I don't have either player but it could be like the Luxury & Precision players if you head over Here

and scroll down to:
Luxury & Precision

and click
File sort utils for Windows and Mac

Give that ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back