Aune B1 Impressions thread
Mar 6, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #272 of 315
Hello,

Quick question from less experienced user. I have just bought Audeze Sine which I absolutely love. I am pairing it with Colorfly C200 + Aune B1 combo. Sines are very current hungry (like all planar magnetic headphones) and even Audeze recommends out power of 500 - 1000 mW. Does it mean my amp is not good for it? Aune B1 delivers just 50mW@32ohm and accrording to Audeze I would need 10 times more. o_O It's strange cause B1 is a really strong amp, driving tricky AKG K612s with no issues at all and my Sine doesn't sound like being not driven properly. Am I missing something here? Thx for help. 

I notice that you have mentioned that the B1 will drive the K612 well. The K612 is my favourite headphone. I currently listen with them from my iPod classic 6th gen via a little Topping Nx-1 via LOD L9 and the sound is incredibly clear and balanced. I never listen at anything above medium volume. Do you have the B1 on high gain setting or low gain setting when using the K612. Do you think that I would benefit from the B1 for low to medium volume levels? For me, the K612 is probably the best possible headphone for the money, punching well above its weight

Mar 7, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #273 of 315
I notice that you have mentioned that the B1 will drive the K612 well. The K612 is my favourite headphone. I currently listen with them from my iPod classic 6th gen via a little Topping Nx-1 via LOD L9 and the sound is incredibly clear and balanced. I never listen at anything above medium volume. Do you have the B1 on high gain setting or low gain setting when using the K612. Do you think that I would benefit from the B1 for low to medium volume levels? For me, the K612 is probably the best possible headphone for the money, punching well above its weight

Bump ..... :smiley:

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:31 PM Post #275 of 315
Just saw B1s on peninsula as you said. Looks like a pretty nice upgrade...
Aluminium potentiometer.
Seems to be roughly 25% more powerful output and less distortion.
Has been engineered with HD800 but also iems like Lyra. Don't know if that means anything but it's promising

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #278 of 315
Does it sound good?
I think it sounds very very good. I have only had it for a week, and have only gone through about 4 charging cycles. Initial impressions are very positive, but I'm going to wait a week or so to comment definitively about it...
I will say without hesitation that it is the most beautiful piece of portable kit out there and very well made. Not one flaw.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #279 of 315
I think it sounds very very good. I have only had it for a week, and have only gone through about 4 charging cycles. Initial impressions are very positive, but I'm going to wait a week or so to comment definitively about it...
I will say without hesitation that it is the most beautiful piece of portable kit out there and very well made. Not one flaw.

Thanks. Keep us posted. I'm torn between this and Sony PHA 2A.

Nov 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #282 of 315
Hello, is this thread still alive? I'm thinking of getting a B1S to drive my denon AH-D7200. I wonder if it's any better than the original and worth the upgrade. I can get an old B1 for just 100$ include shipping though

Dec 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #285 of 315
aune b1s.jpg

Sexy as hell.

Gonna start to have listens tomorrow.
Build quality is top notch. Really nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back