AudioXpress articles on Adcom 565 mods by Gary Galo?
Mar 18, 2006 at 4:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

pjr300

100+ Head-Fier
Does anyone have any insight on a series of articles by Gary Galo which ran in AudioXpress? The series covered mods on the Adome GTP-565 preamp. Has anyone heard it? Is the effort worthwhile? is there a sumamry of the articles somewhere on the web? thanks!!!

Article dates:

Pt 1: November 2003
Pt 2: December 2003
Pt 3: January 2004
Pt 4: February 2004
f/u: December 2004

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by pjr300 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anyone have any insight on a series of articles by Gary Galo which ran in AudioXpress? The series covered mods on the Adome GTP-565 preamp. Has anyone heard it? Is the effort worthwhile? is there a sumamry of the articles somewhere on the web? thanks!!!

Article dates:

Pt 1: November 2003
Pt 2: December 2003
Pt 3: January 2004
Pt 4: February 2004
f/u: December 2004

I recently got interested in headphone listening and have an Adcom GFP-565 preamp buried away that I am going to dig out and try using as a headphone amp. I was thinking if the headphone amp as well as the older op amps used could be improved upon by changing out the op amps to newer ones. I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has done these mods or has tried the mods in the Gary Galo mod series mentioned above. Is it worth getting those back issues to do the mod? Does anyone have copies of the articles handy that they can share or trade? I may just roll the op amps for now without seeing the articles just to see if the sound improves any.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back