AUDIOVALVE LUMINARE: an Universal Headphone Amp with three operating modes: Low Impedance / High Impedance (OTL) and STAX
Jan 28, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #122 of 222
Like me like me like me! Please someone like me!
smily_headphones1.gif

biggrin.gif
  Yeah, sure ... I also like Stax and Sushi.
Code:
[left] 乾杯[/left]
beerchug.gif

Jan 30, 2015 at 6:37 AM Post #125 of 222
Personally I am impressed by the number of different headphones that look very well with this amplifier (including Grado (GS1000e) to the latest news (German)) ; also Audeze LCD-3F (in OTL mode) 

US headphones are honored.

so now looks are more important than sound quality??

Jan 30, 2015 at 7:03 AM Post #127 of 222
When I've posted a photo of my BHSE I've done it while it was light, simply because I see no point in taking a photo of it in the dark because in the dark it's beauty ( IMO it's a beautiful looking amp) can't be seen.
The BHSE again IMO, also sounds as good as it's looks.

Feb 5, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #130 of 222
" The best is the enemy of the good " ; what else?

BHSE + SR-009 is the best headphone audio system (in production) in the world; sorry, Lau + Abyss is the best headphone audio system in the world; sorry (again), Orpheus System is the best headphone audio system (out of production) in the world. 

Who is right for the best headphone audio system? Personally I don't know.

By cons, what I know is that listening to the SR-009 and LCD3F with Luminare amp is (probably) not the world's best headphone audio system but provides two very good listens; perfectly complementary, each providing a (very) great listening pleasure (with the same amplifier).

So, what to choose, regardless of the price of the system: the best headphone audio system providing for each better system, I do not doubt it, a great listening pleasure (at least I hope for homeowners), or a good system, more universal, for listening to both two very good headphones (complementary) each with a great listening pleasure (not least of one compared to the other, but equal and complementary).

In short, what is best ? or what is good? Two listening pleasures or only one ?; You choose.

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:56 AM Post #131 of 222
If I had the money to buy say a Ferrari, I wouldn't get one then try and use it to do tractor work.
Meaning I'd never get one amp to drive two different types of headphone.
But we all have different thoughts.

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:04 PM Post #132 of 222
This amp is very interesting.

Feb 5, 2015 at 3:46 PM Post #133 of 222
Yes, it is.

With my experience, it is really very good, sublime with the Audeze LCD-3F (in OTL mode). It is also very good with the HD-800 and the HD-600 (in OTL mode, or in transformer mode). It is excellent with the Stax SR-009, more dynamic than with the Stax SRM 007t2 amp, and with better quality timbre (tone) and more natural listening than with the SRM-727 amp. The tubes used are not expensive; they can give a slightly different tonal palette with different tubes (eg Raytheon tubes, clearer, versus Siemens tubes, denser ; Polam tubes, more neutral).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back