AudioValve English
Jun 16, 2009 at 2:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mike1127

Member of the Trade: Brilliant Zen Audio
The English on the AudioValve website is hilarious! Obviously a bad translation, but it's really interesting to figure out what they meant.

The site is here: http://www.audiovalve.info/

You are greeted with this statement:

Your sense of delight of quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

A review of the Baldur 300 says (see if you can figure out what they really mean to say in English):

The spectral balance appears very slightly decreasing towards the shrill is not a default. We get used to it so well that going back to common electrical seem to go towards an excessive luminosity.

Here's a second review of the Baldur 300. Very poetic:

At first look these mono blocks impress quite by their sizes, their weight, the calories that they release. But the divine surprise is revealed in the sonorous performance which top the work! It is – on my opinion – the best hearing of the year. I know that there is still the December edition but I am ready to put my hand in the fire of their tubes: these power units will not soon be dethroned. Which surprised me the most, was to find under the same cover the fruity of the tubes and the unlimited energy feeling usually provided by more powerful transistorized amplifiers. It is extremely rare to combine both! But it is not all: The AudioValve know how to restore the pianissimis with grace, fluidity, lightness that the stronger one of 1000 W do not have! Listening to a piano is delightful: the instrument is released in all its width and without the message being strike. An unforgettable listening… with one of some 300B.

"Calories" probably refers to heat. I don't know what "put my hand in the fire of their tubes means" other than either making a bet, or staking some kind of claim. I love "the fruity of the tubes."

Jun 17, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #3 of 6
Lost in translation! Bet my Chinese translation would be worse
regular_smile .gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:48 AM Post #4 of 6
I thought the calories thing and "I am ready to put my hand in the fire of their tubes" were pretty funny. And "the divine surprise".

A few years ago the now-Prime Minister of Australia spoke at the university I attend. He told us a story from back in the day when he was a Chinese translater for the Australian ambassador. On his first major translation job at an economic summit he was required to tell Chinese heads of government something like "Australia and China are sharing a period of unprecedented closeness". He got it slightly wrong and instead said in Chinese "Australia and China are sharing a fantastic orgasm".

Nov 4, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Having looked at AudioValve amps on both .de and .info previously, and know looking at the new .info, what strikes me is that then and now there is an element of information overload, and the salient points tend to get lost. With a mixture of descriptions, features, specifications, review remarks, and in-depth explanations, sometimes in german, english and french on the same page, as a reader you need to spend a lot of time and effort to cut through to the essential bits.

My suggestion would be to sharpen up the product presentation, make it more structured, highlight salient points, perhaps move in-depth explanations and historic references to a separate section on the site. The english as such is basically fine, though right now both the German and English site version seems to be a mixture of languages, mostly due to the cross-usage of review/marketing material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back