AudioTechnica ATH-Pro700MK2 vs. Beats Studio
May 3, 2011 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

airin

New Head-Fier
I'm going to make a quick 1-2 review of those two.

ATH-PRO700MK2 (ore-burned)
Pros: Very Distinct his, lows, and mids. crisp and clean bass.
Cons: Comfortability, i want more bass.

Beats Studio: (burned)
Pros: Really good bass, very comfortable, loud
Cons: Price, His and mids....are muddy..bass is powerful...but not crisp?

The mk2 I just got them today.... I feel that they are very balanced in each area of the sound spectrum. Bass is there, but not overally powerful. 

What I learnt: If you want pure bass and hiphop bass driven music, go for beats studio. For more balanced, and gentle sounds...go for the mk2s... I think the beats studios are just made to be pure power pumping bass machine... (like high school kids who buy crappy bass amps for their cars, and turn it really high....that lower spectrums are loud but muddy.

The mk2 are for the intelligent people who like their treble clean, while still having some distinct bass feel.

I'll post more when i give the pro700 some time to burn in.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
The mk2 are for the intelligent people who like their treble clean, while still having some distinct bass feel.

rolleyes.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Hey I've heard adding M50 pads helps with the bass of the PRO700mk2s significantly. Might want to try that if you want more bass.

Jul 11, 2011 at 4:02 AM Post #5 of 8
I still won't tell hip-hop lovers to go for the Beats Studio. Absolute overpriced garbage they are.

Anyway, the Pro700 MK2 is balanced? You sure? Wow. That's... a first.

P.S. IMO the Pro700 MK2 has more bass than the Beats Studio. In fact, the Studios sound closer to the HFI-580 than to the XB500.

Jul 23, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I still won't tell hip-hop lovers to go for the Beats Studio. Absolute overpriced garbage they are.

Anyway, the Pro700 MK2 is balanced? You sure? Wow. That's... a first.

P.S. IMO the Pro700 MK2 has more bass than the Beats Studio. In fact, the Studios sound closer to the HFI-580 than to the XB500.

I agree. Studios more bass than the Pro700 MK2? Hm... If you think they are balanced then I don't even know what to do for you. The Pro700 MK2 is the bassiest at that price point. Maybe pair the Pro700 MK2 with a ZO amp? I've paired the two and the amount of bass that gets produced is straight up unholy.
tongue.gif

Feb 16, 2012 at 6:38 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
I agree. Studios more bass than the Pro700 MK2? Hm... If you think they are balanced then I don't even know what to do for you. The Pro700 MK2 is the bassiest at that price point. Maybe pair the Pro700 MK2 with a ZO amp? I've paired the two and the amount of bass that gets produced is straight up unholy.
tongue.gif

gravedig. 

Have you ever tried the xb500's with the ZO? How do they compare to the pro700mk2 + ZO?

If price is no object, which combo has stronger bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back