AudioTechnica AD 700 or Roccat kave?
Jul 17, 2010 at 12:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

SpecG

New Head-Fier
Hi,
I currently use a HD 555 paired up with Xonar DX. Although the 555 sounds very good while listening to music or playing SP games, I am not very happy with the way they perform on competitive MP games like CS 1.6 or CoD 4. I can hear the footsteps or reloading sounds, but the direction is a bit too 'general'. Also, sometime I felt that when there is much going on around in those MP games, the individual sounds get a bit muddied up.
So I'm looking for a bit better HP than the 555 I currently use. After bit of googling around, it seems that AD700 with an attachable mic is the best stereo HP within a reasonable  price. But, there was also some mention of the Roccat Kave '5.1' HP, which according to some users, provide more accurate directional cue and audio clarity in the games I mentioned above albeit with a much lower sound quality than AD 700.
So guys, which HP should I go for.. AD700 or Kave? Please bear in mind that the HP which should provide me audio cues with best accuracy and clarity from a distance is which I want. The sound quality wont matter for me in those MP games and I always have my trusty 555 for lsitening to music or whenever I opt for quality.

Thanks in advance. :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 1:56 AM Post #3 of 7

MCC

1000+ Head-Fier
Do you turn Dolby Headphone on when you play games? Make sure the driver is set to 8 channel audio, then select headphones as your output. My 595 (same headphone sans a foam rectangle) works very well for directional audio on the same sound card.

Sep 22, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #7 of 7

fabio-fi

fabio-fi, jackwess and formula1 are all the same person.
Check the Mad lust envy guide...its pretty useful and detailed. 

Users who are viewing this thread