Audiotailor HeadMonitor-2 OTL amp?
Aug 28, 2008 at 11:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Dexon

100+ Head-Fier
I was about to order DV when stumble upon this amp.

Has any one heard it, can't find nothing about it with search or google. Only available info on the site is 'One new OTL amp,great amp!'.
confused_face.gif

Aug 28, 2008 at 1:52 PM Post #2 of 19
Nice looking amp, but there is no direct vintage/western equivalent for those 6N6 tubes, and my experience with Chinese tubes has been universally bad, so an amp that uses tubes like that is something I will always avoid.

Oct 11, 2008 at 2:08 PM Post #6 of 19
Headmoitor

It can drive low imepdance Headphone like Grado SR series ,Denon D2000 , ATH-900 series , AKG-K601/K701 , .... It also can drive high impedance like HD600/HD650 , DT990.

14 days money back in China.

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:51 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazuki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 6N6 is just the Chinese version of the Russian 6N6P and very close to the JJ ECC99 tube. There are plenty of cheap replacements for these.

Headmonitor 1/2 can direct replace with 6DJ8/ECC88 family & 6H30

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice looking amp, but there is no direct vintage/western equivalent for those 6N6 tubes, and my experience with Chinese tubes has been universally bad, so an amp that uses tubes like that is something I will always avoid.

I agree .... I dont like being limited to just Chinese or Russian new production 6n6p/ 6h30 output tubes. Moreover, 6h30s cost as much as a lot of good nos tubes and I have never been a fan of the sound quality of even the expensive nos 6dj8/6922. The Dark Voice seems like a much safer choice.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:07 PM Post #11 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiotailor /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We are just tested a OTL circuit with 12AX7 and 6AS7. It seem to be good sound and powerful. It can delivery 70mW into 32 Ohm load & 200mW in 600 Ohm.(cathode follower can delivery around 15mW only). I want to study most of customers like 12AU7 or 12AX7 as driver tube ? New prototype will be finish soon. It price is very attractive. Introducting periode will be US$300 only. Free sea shipping before 2008. 14 days 100% money back. Buyer only need to pay return shipping only.

New topology on this series OTL Headphone amps :

1. no cathode follower output in circuit.
2. much more linear than 6AS7/6080 cathode follower type circuit.
3. much higher output power & better low frequency control.
4. no noise problem on using low impedance headphones.
5. Output only amplifier on current only. Gain is from driver stage. So distortion is very low.
6. Very good band width. Low frequency only limited by Output cap. High frequecy extend to 100Khz -1db.

Shipping : From Hong Kong.
Payment : Bank transfer or paypal.

So your the manufacturer? I dont believe the head-fi rules permit manufactureres commenting on their products. I would check if I were you.

I can tell you my people dont prefer the 12au7/12ax7 tube once they are exposed to the many gain tubes that are both better sounding and more linear.

Oct 12, 2008 at 6:41 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can tell you my people dont prefer the 12au7/12ax7 tube once they are exposed to the many gain tubes that are both better sounding and more linear.

In our last communication, Mikhail from SinglePower was strongly recommending me to try 12au7 variant with my MPX. I don't have the exact brand he recommended, but do have some 12au7s that I love with MPX
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, I thought EF-1 (maybe wrong name) that uses 12au7 had some good reviews.

Oct 12, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

We are just tested a OTL circuit with 12AX7 and 6AS7. It seem to be good sound and powerful. It can delivery 70mW into 32 Ohm load & 200mW in 600 Ohm.(cathode follower can delivery around 15mW only). I want to study most of customers like 12AU7 or 12AX7 as driver tube ? New prototype will be finish soon. It price is very attractive. Introducting periode will be US$300 only. Free sea shipping before 2008. 14 days 100% money back. Buyer only need to pay return shipping only.

That is an amp I would be very interested in trying out.

Oct 13, 2008 at 10:04 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by sacd lover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So your the manufacturer? I dont believe the head-fi rules permit manufactureres commenting on their products. I would check if I were you.

Sorry ! I don't know the rule ! I had looking for rule but can not find it. Can you tell me where is it ?

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:56 PM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Sorry ! I don't know the rule ! I had looking for rule but can not find it. Can you tell me where is it ?

Scroll to the very bottom of the page and you will see the Head-Fi Rules/ Terms Of Use

Here is the link .... Head Fidelity (head-fi.org) - Headphone Hi-Fi Forum

Here is the part you will need to look at ...

"Member of the Trade" includes (but is not limited to) manufacturers; individuals selling items he or she made for more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; individuals selling items acquired for the primary purpose of resale; individuals performing services (like modifications or any other service) for which the price charged is more than the cost of parts and/or actual shipping charges; dealers; distributors; manufacturer's representatives; importers; magazine and e-zine writers.

"Main Forums" are those forums within Head-Fi not specifically designated as areas for commercial advertising by Members of the Trade.

No Members of the Trade can use his/her business name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or URL as part of his/her moniker. All Members of the Trade must contact the forum administrator at jude@head-fi.org to notify him of an interest in posting before making any posts. If a forum member who was not previously a Member of the Trade becomes a Member of the Trade, he must notify the forum administrator of the change in status. After notification of the "Member of the Trade" status, the forum administrator will then add the appropriate tag (Audio Dealer, Manufacturer, Distributor, etc.) to the appropriate profile(s).

A Member of the Trade may not--via the forums, Private Messaging, or Head-Fi's e-mail relay function--volunteer any information about a specific product that he is selling or making, in response to a general request for information about a type of product or in any other discussion in the Main Forums.

A Member of the Trade may not post announcements, advertisements, sales information or the like about a product he makes or sells in the Main Forums, via Private Messaging, or via Head-Fi's e-mail relay function.

No advertising by Members of the Trade that is not pre-approved by the Head-Fi administrators is allowed in the member forums. Some sponsors have Branded Sponsor Forums in which they will be allowed to advertise their wares. There will also be designated areas and forums where sponsors and non-sponsors alike will be able to advertise their wares. Head-Fi is most definately NOT anti-trade. In fact, trade members are a welcome and vital part of the Head-Fi community. However, Head-Fi's Main Forums, its Private Messaging System, or its e-mail relay function are not to be used for unsolicited self promotion and advertising of audio products or services.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back