Audioslave CD Officially Out Tomorrow
Nov 19, 2002 at 12:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
Anyone else excited?

I always liked rage's music but wasn't a big fan of their singing, now its all good..

Biggie.

Nov 19, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #3 of 25
Thats true, I like his low singing like on fell on black days... how about you?

Biggie.

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:41 AM Post #6 of 25
Biggie, I like pretty much all of Cornell's vocals with Soundgarden -- from his pre-Badmotorfinger belt-it-out days to his subdued work on Down on the Upside. Two good examples of the extremes of what I consider his best stuff are "Outshined" and "Blow Up The Outside World."

Have you heard the track "Light My Way?" I think it's a cut from the demo album that got spread around last spring, and I don't know if it's on the real album, but it shows that all the vocals won't be the like the crap on "Conchise." Hopefully.

kerely

Nov 20, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #7 of 25
x1lexure, don't expect anything political from Audioslave. Zach de la Rocha was most of the politics behind Rage, and he's gone. Word is that the rest of the crew got a bit fed up with his banter, saying it was getting in the way of the music.

kerely

Nov 21, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #10 of 25
Well damn, a motivated lot we are. If everyone's as poor as me, I assume we'll able to preview it through one of the file-sharing networks shortly, if nothing else. ...

If it's at all good, I'm sure I'll end up with it eventually. Soundgarden used to be my favorite band (and obviously I still like their music very much), and I considered myself a Rage fan. So.

kerely

Nov 21, 2002 at 10:42 PM Post #12 of 25
My brother is sending it home with his friend on the weekend. For now all I have is the demos..

Biggie.

Nov 23, 2002 at 7:47 PM Post #15 of 25
I've had it since Tuesday, and anyone expecting RATM will be disappointed. I never listened to soundgarden so I dont know what to say to you guys.

It's pretty good. All the tracks are about half as slow as Cochise. All the sounds are only Guitars, Bass, Drums and Vocals. The solos still have the Morello sound to it.

I recommend it, just dont expect anything fast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back