AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Jan 23, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #3,346 of 5,890
Hi everyone, I have to ask something that is difficult to answer .... but I hope it is possible to get an opinion from you all. I have Kxxs and T4,both of which I like as a sound timbre and are the best I have currently. I find T4 extremely fun to listen, although I understand that the sound of T4 is not realistic. I don't want to spend $ 300 on the T800 also because many say they are difficult to use for long relaxed listening, but I'm looking for something that is better than KXXS and T4. Could AQ3 be my next step forward?

I really hope you can give me your opinion.

Well I've got the T4 and T800 and would say it sits quite happily between the 2. Not heard the Moondrop personally but know it shares many traits and tech with the T4, I'm finding the AQ3 adds those bits a good Dynamic Driver IEM like the formentioned lack like micro details and accurate imaging, I'm also finding the staging broader and definitely more accurate than the T4. It's smaller, lighter and a better fit (to my ears at least) than the T800 and fuss free with no funny peaks to tame. There's nothing I can find that would disappoint tbf, recon they've pitched the AQ3 just right!

Jan 23, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #3,347 of 5,890
They arrived... Fancy packaging for the money.

Was in need for a more neutral sounding IEM.
Like what I hear... The fit is a bit unconventional but after few tries it goes.

T180

MVIMG_20200123_171052.jpg

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:24 PM Post #3,349 of 5,890
Audiosense AQ3 with faaeal litz copper cable

For the T800 I'm using green Knowles damper and kz starline tips plus trn t3 cable.

Then do you talk about your impressions about AQ3?

Jan 23, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #3,350 of 5,890
Well, after being very careful to cover my butt, swaping daps, cables, tips, closely examining the left earpiece, i had no luck. I have SOME low freq, but nowhere near how the right earpiece is playing. Its a dual BA running the low end, so i would guess one of those died or somehow isnt making a connection? Audiosense has been great, im just now getting all the full info on how to return them, im expecting this is going to take a long time to get to china, be investigated, then returned. Im sad for sure

Jan 23, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3,352 of 5,890
Well, after being very careful to cover my butt, swaping daps, cables, tips, closely examining the left earpiece, i had no luck. I have SOME low freq, but nowhere near how the right earpiece is playing. Its a dual BA running the low end, so i would guess one of those died or somehow isnt making a connection? Audiosense has been great, im just now getting all the full info on how to return them, im expecting this is going to take a long time to get to china, be investigated, then returned. Im sad for sure

Sorry to hear about that as well. I’m sad for you!

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:05 PM Post #3,353 of 5,890
Sorry for my ignorance but i am listening all evening now to the T180`s.

While these are pretty bright sounding IEM's. As I am mostly treble sensitive... For instance the EA3 are fatiguing for me with lots of sibilance and hiss.... Also Knowles BA's...

How come i still have these in my ears? There is no hiss for instance. Great!!

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #3,354 of 5,890
Sorry for my ignorance but i am listening all evening now to the T180`s.

While these are pretty bright sounding IEM's. As I am mostly treble sensitive... For instance the EA3 are fatiguing for me with lots of sibilance and hiss.... Also Knowles BA's...

How come i still have these in my ears? There is no hiss for instance. Great!!

They are a small fit arnt they, great accessories and very good mids, how you finding the top and bottom end?

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:21 PM Post #3,355 of 5,890
They are a small fit arnt they, great accessories and very good mids, how you finding the top and bottom end?

No sub bass which I was looking for. But the bass and bass drums sounds fast and accurate.
The vocals are forward and the highs detailed yet not earpiercing high. While there is enough clarity.

I found this IEM ideal for EDM.

Jan 23, 2020 at 5:48 PM Post #3,356 of 5,890
No sub bass which I was looking for. But the bass and bass drums sounds fast and accurate.
The vocals are forward and the highs detailed yet not earpiercing high. While there is enough clarity.

I found this IEM ideal for EDM.

No you won't get real sub bass with a ba set up lest a single ba, is technically impressive what they've done with it though certainly fast and accurate. Didn't think to try it with edm

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:01 PM Post #3,357 of 5,890
Deep thought bass , open clear mids , smooth and clear treble. Great width and nice depth

That staging really seems to expand massively with burn in, I'm thinking it's easily comparable with the T800 until things get more complex. Been using mine for movies and it's simply holographic with footsteps walking around the whole scene, gunshots whistling past and details I doubt the sound engineers heard. Stereo imaging I've not heard on an iem. Was slightly underwhelmed at first but they've really worked hard on getting the tuning bang on on the AQ3, more so than the T800 imo, just those 8 Knowles BA's........!!! :smile_phones:No downgrade though

Jan 23, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #3,358 of 5,890
That staging really seems to expand massively with burn in, I'm thinking it's easily comparable with the T800 until things get more complex. Been using mine for movies and it's simply holographic with footsteps walking around the whole scene, gunshots whistling past and details I doubt the sound engineers heard. Stereo imaging I've not heard on an iem. Was slightly underwhelmed at first but they've really worked hard on getting the tuning bang on on the AQ3, more so than the T800 imo, just those 8 Knowles BA's........!!! :smile_phones:No downgrade though
I am burning it in slowly :-D

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:09 PM Post #3,359 of 5,890
I already asked before but didn't get an answer:

which replacement foam tips or silicone tips do you guys use for the Audiosense T180 - especially the size is important,

I ordered the triple flange from Tennmak but they don't fit since the circumference is too big and the nozzle even smaller

Thanks in advance

Jan 23, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #3,360 of 5,890
Hi everyone, I have to ask something that is difficult to answer .... but I hope it is possible to get an opinion from you all. I have Kxxs and T4,both of which I like as a sound timbre and are the best I have currently. I find T4 extremely fun to listen, although I understand that the sound of T4 is not realistic. I don't want to spend $ 300 on the T800 also because many say they are difficult to use for long relaxed listening, but I'm looking for something that is better than KXXS and T4. Could AQ3 be my next step forward?

I really hope you can give me your opinion.

I don't have the T4 or KXXS (both dynamic driver IEMs), but it's gonna be comparing apples to oranges when comparing DD IEMs with hybrids/multi BA sets (like AQ3 and T800) at the budget to midfi pricing, especially at the area of timbre as per your post.

I have about 10 other dynamic driver type IEMs and these usually excel at timbre/tonality and have better subbass extension/decay compared to traditional multi BA sets. Though these DD sets usually fare worse at technicalities (imaging, instrument separation, clarity, details) than a multi BA/hybrid at the same price point. So if you like the "sound timbre" as per your post, I would advise u to stick with DD sets in general. The T800 (8 BA) is technically excellent, but it doesn't have as natural timbre as the famous BLON BL-03 (single DD), though it does trump the BL-03 is most other areas.

So at the budget-midfi pricing, there are some areas of compromises u have to make in your IEM choice, and this is dependant on an individual's sound preferences and preferred music genres. Eg if classical/acoustic instruments are in the majority of your music, a set that has better timbre would be more important in my opinion. Eg if you are listening to complex instrumentation/multiple competing instruments with lots of synthetic instruments, eg EDM/electronic, then multi BA/hybrids are better in technicalities.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back