AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #3,061 of 5,890
After more listening of the T800. They have actually made me decide not to get another iem yet. To much is too good on them. I honestly don't understand how the low end is bloated or muddy as some have said though. Even cleg (porta fi) agrees it's extremely fast, tight and clean.. What I also notice is, if the mastering has bad low end, muddy mids, or highs that are sibilant. The T800 will give it to you. That I am extremely sure many will agree on. About the imaging as well. Some songs I have heard the imaging to be sounding off. Some iems can slightly pull it off but the T800 do it so precisely and unforgivingly. They can make your playlist sound seriously amazing or meh. It's a double edged sword.

Bass on the T800 is definitely tip dependent. It's quite evident from the FR graph it's boosted in the bass region to give it a U shape. It slams hard and sounds good, but the subbass is not fast decay. Perhaps with the right tip and cable combo it could sound fast, but if you truly aim to experience the subbass, the trade off is slow decay. That said I would not describe it as muddy, unless you're dealing with poorly mastered material.

I think it's wise to wait a while longer. I think hybrids are going to continue to be a focus next year, and we'll probably see some killer flagship hybrids, as well as flagship killers from smaller guys.

I jumped now mainly out of curiosity as I was wanted to know what I could get if I was willing to drop a full g, and I was set on something that sounds different than an all BA set. I wish I had a nice store I could demo high end gear but I don't unfortunately, so I bought blind. Could have gotten burned hard but fortunately for me it turned out well.

Dec 18, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #3,062 of 5,890
After more listening of the T800. They have actually made me decide not to get another iem yet. To much is too good on them. I honestly don't understand how the low end is bloated or muddy as some have said though. Even cleg (porta fi) agrees it's extremely fast, tight and clean.. What I also notice is, if the mastering has bad low end, muddy mids, or highs that are sibilant. The T800 will give it to you. That I am extremely sure many will agree on. About the imaging as well. Some songs I have heard the imaging to be sounding off. Some iems can slightly pull it off but the T800 do it so precisely and unforgivingly. They can make your playlist sound seriously amazing or meh. It's a double edged sword.
Absolutley... the T800 is EXTREMELY revealing and if your playlist is full of badly mixed music the T800 will let you know.

Sabrina Claudio is absolutely perfect. I don't know who does get mastering but WOW! Track after track is utter perfection and not to mention she and her voice are sexy as fffffff!

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #3,063 of 5,890
Maybe it's tip and source dependant, though I can see why a lot of folks expecting a typical BA bass may call it "muddy". The T800 doesn't really sound like a typical BA bass, as it has a slight decay and subbass quantity and extension to around 30ish Hz, which is not common in a BA bass.

I like the T800 bass a lot, though I'm coming from a basshead view point that likes decay and DD type bass quantities/extension. I have auditioned some pricier all BA sets like QDCs, multi driver Westones and other customs and they do have subjectively faster and more accurate bass than the T800, but at the expense of sounding not as "fun".
Yes I agree. There are iems that have more accurate lows. But the T800 I still find to perform extremely well and have that control. There are many other iems where the lows are being played when they shouldnt be. The T800 play the lows only when thw song calls for it. The tightness, honestly I'd rate it high up there with Andros. But at the same time, source plays a roll on how the low end performs on the T800. The tips also play a part as well. As some have stated, narrow and foam increase the lows. But sometimes makes it boomy or muddy. But if you have a source that has a tuning of tight low end, delivers very good and clean power. The T800 wont sound muddy or boomy. Just the low end will be enhanced. That is what I noticed most from going source to source. The T800 has low end. Big low end. But it also has quality. Very good quality. It just really has to be driven correctly. Is it the best low end? No. But is it high up there. Yes. Especially for the price, yes yes yes. Treble performance also varies by source. Yes it's a brighter tuning. But like my earlier post. It's not the brightest. Treble on the T800 is really good, it leans on bright but it's done nicely. Some sources may give it a boost which then can become a bit fatiguing. You don't want a boost. You want control. Same goes for the mids. The T800 like a neutral or as close to neutral source. But at the same time. It needs a source that has control. I could make a massive right up and all of us would be talking about the topic for maybe a long time. But in short. Lets put an example. There are two sources. Both the same tuning. Nice and close to neutral, maybe a 1 db boost in the ultra lows. We listen to them and we notice one thing. Even though they both are extremely similar. One has more authority, tighter low end. Mids sound slightly clearer. And treble sounds overall better. Why is it? I am not certain. I am not a pro at this. But in many cases I have experienced this with different sources. And the iem or headphone will have a noticeable difference in a certain part of the frequency. Iems, headphones and audio can be a crazy spiral. We try to look for the best one after another. And yes audio. Is ADDICTIVE. But it's crazy how much I learnt when I first got into the hobby and now. Pairing of iems and sources. Different headphones for different uses. Dacs, amps. Eartips. Cables. Earpads. Different materials in the housings of headphones or iems. The list can go on and on. And now the new thing I have discovered is, price to true performance. Before performance like the T800 was pricey and it still is. But look what this great hobby is bringing us. Give it a few more months and I can 100% say there will be another iem that will wow us. Maybe from Audiosense or maybe from another company. But the T800 for me can be end game for me and many. I won't let that be. We all could spend $1000 on iem and it could be endgame. But then a year or so. Theres going to be an iem that is $100 and outperforms the $1000. Just in one year. End game is no such thing. There will always be new tech. And we all know it even though we don't want to accept it. New tech sucks us in. Give it two more years. There will be another game changer. 4 more years, crazy end game for extremely low. 6 more years, totl extreme high end for low. 8 more years, performance of the top tier iem and headphones for cheap. 10 years, whole new tech that is mind blowing for such an amazing price of $1000. The T800 is proof for insane quality, you don't have to spend insane cash anymore. All I say is I love this hobby. Truly love it. And we all do too :D. The T800 are a crazy good set of iems. But there will be better eventually.

Dec 18, 2019 at 9:45 PM Post #3,065 of 5,890
Absolutley... the T800 is EXTREMELY revealing and if your playlist is full of badly mixed music the T800 will let you know.

Sabrina Claudio is absolutely perfect. I don't know who does get mastering but WOW! Track after track is utter perfection and not to mention she and her voice are sexy as fffffff!
I gave her a listen and wow. I need to check her out more. The mastering is amazing and her voice is seriously good

Dec 19, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #3,066 of 5,890
I think I hear what you're hearing and it's in the mix.

There are instruments with heavy placement in the right ear and then sometimes on the left . dun.. dundundundun ...dun...dun... has heavy imaging on the right then sometimes on the left with less emphasis and on the occasion pans from right to left.
Lead singer is in the center, back up singers to the left and right.

There seems to be some imbalance in the mix. It sounds like in some parts the mix is forward in the right than the left and then balances out in the chorus.

Also check your cables to make sure they're in phase.

The balance in this song is spot on check it out.

It sounds just at their arrange guitar on the left singer it's centered, bass in the right and behind drum behind and on the left. You can even here the resonance of the room.

The imaging is so good on T800 that on a mix with flaws it will show you.

Let us know...

Hi i just go test with accoustone iem, have simmilar imbalance, 1st time using high details iem, so tot gt problem. Tq all.

Dec 19, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #3,067 of 5,890
Hi i just go test with accoustone iem, have simmilar imbalance, 1st time using high details iem, so tot gt problem. Tq all.
T800 will show things in your music you've never heard before... sometimes that's good sometimes it's not but it is there. I've had to adjust my playlist, filtering out music that wasn't mastered well.

Dec 19, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #3,068 of 5,890
Thank to all for the suggestion on getting the knowles dampers, they make such a difference with the T800, and for the better!
Now to test different cables!

T800 filters.jpg

Dec 21, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #3,073 of 5,890
The more I listen with the T800 and cable 171. The more impressed I am. The low end is hard hitting and heavy. But cable 171 has seriously cleaned up the sub bass. It's actually seriously good. Mids are also perfect. I havent felt yet that they feel in the back too much or too forward. They are placed dead centre and crystal clear. The treble is where I am truly amazed. The extension is so so much nicer and clearer but yet so buttery smooth. Soundstage width is wider and depth is soo pitch black and deep. Height is still closer to normal but I do feel a difference. Cable 171 I feel is an amazing pairing for the T800. It really brings out what the T800 are capable of. Yes it's a pricey cable. But it does make a difference. I havent tried the 4 wire option though. Only 8 wire. But let me say this. Lows are in full effect now. That sub bass and mid bass can seriously kick hard. But damn it's so good, clear and clean. If the mastering was made sloppy/muddy. It will give you that type of low end. But if the mastering is done very well. Trust me. You'll be singing out loud. A lot of rap I have tested, the low end is great. But vocals sound muffled and muddy. That is the nature of that genre though. You don't expect great mastering. Some edm, I have found a lot of songs that the bass kick to be slightly off and sometimed to much treble has been added into the song. The T800 in a way have became more analytical but yet, it's intensely fun to listen too. Changing to other iems. Yes you might find an iem that sounds a bit clearer, but detail honestly. I havent found something that beats the T800 unless you go totl high end. The T800 are HYPER DETAILED. They even get notes that feel like air from different intruments. It's so weird but yet adds so much to the music. I can actually hear the sub and mid bass seperately clearly. Try doing a 8 hour listening sessions. Of course with breaks. But get the best cable you possibly can, best eartips. Best source. Pour yourself a drink. And just listen. Yes they arent perfect. But try doing it again with another iem after on another day with the same songs. I bet you'll find something that you'll miss heaps.

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:05 AM Post #3,075 of 5,890
What cable 171

A user @hakuzen I think made a list of cables by number and there’s a very informative thread in his signature. Sp, every time someone mentions a cable from his list, by number, I research it, find it, and add it to my AE cart. But they’re pricey, so I wait. Then a post like this comes along talking about a magnificent pairing by a number and I wonder if that’s one I already have in my cart, and go search again and remember, until the next time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back