AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #2,251 of 5,890
Well this is strange.... I decided to go back to stock tips........., stock tips seal much more easily and better than the JVC Spiral dots. They are more comfy than the Spiral dots and imaging is actually a lil bit better than Spiral dots. I think after trying so many eartips I have come to really notice differences now. Spiral dots sound slightly more balanced but now that I am back to stock. I actually really miss the low end, I really really really miss the low end stock tips give. The high are actually smoother than before... Brain burn in? ... I am not certain what it is. But I actually think I like stock tips most now.... The treble sounds smooth, yes a bit more energy than JVC but less than before. Low end is punchy, digs deep but sounds extremely controlled, more so than I remember. Mids are slightly back but not like before as well, a bit more forward now. This is so weird and has me switching tips for 4 hours straight. JVC, Stock, Foams and Double Flange. JVC have the most balanced tonality but the lows feel kinda boring.... It kicks hard but the rumble is actually much less than stock and stock has a lot more texture and detail. I actually feel the low end. Stock is slightly V/U shaped. To me more U shaped but just slightly. It gives this fun but yet natural and energetic listen, it's addictive. Foams is the most smoothest and darkest. Great for very long listening sessions but treble does get cut down a bit. And double flange give the punchiest low end but sub bass gets cuts and treble tames down as well. So far JVC and stock are my fave. But I think I actually like stock the most..... Also stock gives warmth to low mids where as JVC do sound just a bit thin. Clarity wise, JVC do sound slightly clearer but oddly with stock tips, details do sound more forward.... I can really hear them while with JVC it gets muffled a bit.....

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 6:45 AM Post #2,252 of 5,890
Well this is strange.... I decided to go back to stock tips........., stock tips seal much more easily and better than the JVC Spiral dots. They are more comfy than the Spiral dots and imaging is actually a lil bit better than Spiral dots. I think after trying so many eartips I have come to really notice differences now. Spiral dots sound slightly more balanced but now that I am back to stock. I actually really miss the low end, I really really really miss the low end stock tips give. The high are actually smoother than before... Brain burn in? ... I am not certain what it is. But I actually think I like stock tips most now.... The treble sounds smooth, yes a bit more energy than JVC but less than before. Low end is punchy, digs deep but sounds extremely controlled, more so than I remember. Mids are slightly back but not like before as well, a bit more forward now. This is so weird and has me switching tips for 4 hours straight. JVC, Stock, Foams and Double Flange. JVC have the most balanced tonality but the lows feel kinda boring.... It kicks hard but the rumble is actually much less than stock and stock has a lot more texture and detail. I actually feel the low end. Stock is slightly V/U shaped. To me more U shaped but just slightly. It gives this fun but yet natural and energetic listen, it's addictive. Foams is the most smoothest and darkest. Great for very long listening sessions but treble does get cut down a bit. And double flange give the punchiest low end but sub bass gets cuts and treble tames down as well. So far JVC and stock are my fave. But I think I actually like stock the most..... Also stock gives warmth to low mids where as JVC do sound just a bit thin. Clarity wise, JVC do sound slightly clearer but oddly with stock tips, details do sound more forward.... I can really hear them while with JVC it gets muffled a bit.....

I think brain burn-in (don't know about physical one, don't own T800) is one of the keys. Actually, you can listen to a warmer phones for a couple of days and go back to T800 and see. I'm experiecing this these days and, when back to brightest source, can notice the peaks again. On the other hand, bass perception changes as upper freqs do. If I did not misunderstand you, it can be the cause for the not-as-good bass when spiral dots tame a bit high freqs (it should lead to a lesser clear and less airier bass, as it has been before for my ears)

Anyway, use what you like more (and makes you feel more comfortable) and you should be happy

Oct 6, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #2,253 of 5,890
I think brain burn-in (don't know about physical one, don't own T800) is one of the keys. Actually, you can listen to a warmer phones for a couple of days and go back to T800 and see. I'm experiecing this these days and, when back to brightest source, can notice the peaks again. On the other hand, bass perception changes as upper freqs do. If I did not misunderstand you, it can be the cause for the not-as-good bass when spiral dots tame a bit high freqs (it should lead to a lesser clear and less airier bass, as it has been before for my ears)

Anyway, use what you like more (and makes you feel more comfortable) and you should be happy
I have been listening back and forth to my other iems, ( Oriveti New Primacy & Beyerdynamic Xelento ). And oddly, I feel more peaks in the treble with the Oriveti New Primacy and Xelento and they are the darkest iems I have..... They sound dark compared to the T800, immediatly but the T800 don't bother me with the treble unless it's a horrible mastered song. The New Primacy and Xelento do bother me with some songs though..... Even though they are a darker tuning... There must be a specific peak on the Xelento and New Primacy that bother me a bit where the T800 doesnt have. But it's true, everyone can use the T800 how ever they like and so far for me. Stock tips are my go to right now :)

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #2,254 of 5,890
I was most afraid of the treble being too much before I ordered the T800 but that was a non factor as I haven’t heard any since mine came. Also no damper confusion for me either, as I followed the thread it seemed to me that the stock setup eventually worked out best for most folks. The different size tips were key for me, medium spiral left, medium/large spiral right. Copper cable and JVC Spiral Dots seemed to be the setup I read worked the best.

Hardstyle try your latest best set for a longer time span if you can and enjoy the music trying not to pick apart the sound. It must be nerve racking and no fun at all for ya. Hang in there I wish I had a better suggestion for you.

Has anybody else noticed how fast they become transparent feeling after inserted in your ear? The resin being skin friendly really was an excellent decision by Audiosense.

Oct 6, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #2,255 of 5,890
I was most afraid of the treble being too much before I ordered the T800 but that was a non factor as I haven’t heard any since mine came. Also no damper confusion for me either, as I followed the thread it seemed to me that the stock setup eventually worked out best for most folks. The different size tips were key for me, medium spiral left, medium/large spiral right. Copper cable and JVC Spiral Dots seemed to be the setup I read worked the best.

Hardstyle try your latest best set for a longer time span if you can and enjoy the music trying not to pick apart the sound. It must be nerve racking and no fun at all for ya. Hang in there I wish I had a better suggestion for you.

Has anybody else noticed how fast they become transparent feeling after inserted in your ear? The resin being skin friendly really was an excellent decision by Audiosense.

Your summary is I think an accurate condensation of what most people found in the thread and will be helpful for those catching up.

I agree that the piercing treble has smoothed for me, brain burn-in or otherwise. The most challenging thing for me now with the T800 is your last sentence, that they don't disappear. The resin quality is nice, it's just the shape, I think, for some reason, doesn't work with my ear. In this regard, the large T800s are like the original ZS10s. I can get a seal, but regardless of tips, they are very present and the resin hitting my ear cartilage and the JVCs or foams pressing on the inner ear become a physical distraction from enjoying the music. I wish I could get them to fit and "feel transparent" like the DM6 does, or the BLON BL03s.

Oct 6, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #2,256 of 5,890
Your summary is I think an accurate condensation of what most people found in the thread and will be helpful for those catching up.

I agree that the piercing treble has smoothed for me, brain burn-in or otherwise. The most challenging thing for me now with the T800 is your last sentence, that they don't disappear. The resin quality is nice, it's just the shape, I think, for some reason, doesn't work with my ear. In this regard, the large T800s are like the original ZS10s. I can get a seal, but regardless of tips, they are very present and the resin hitting my ear cartilage and the JVCs or foams pressing on the inner ear become a physical distraction from enjoying the music. I wish I could get them to fit and "feel transparent" like the DM6 does, or the BLON BL03s.

I don't really have an issue with the T800 shell size, it is actually slightly smaller than original ZS10 and also more ergonomic. But I had the feeling of something pressing on my lower external ear with the original ZS10. I managed to fix the ZS10 issue by using longer nozzle eartips (eg spinfits) so that the shell is elevated away from the ear. YMMV.

Oct 7, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #2,257 of 5,890
lol I know this feel. The issue with the spirals is they don't fit the T800 nozzle very well so it's harder to get a good seal. They also tend to slide around and I've had the tips fall out on several occasions. But the stock tips fit beautifully, don't slide around & seal perfectly. To me though the stock tip sound is too "v-shaped", whereas the spirals are balanced, open and airy. I fall into this sometimes where I get too focused on critical listening instead of actually enjoying the music. Eventually you'll have to settle otherwise you can never be satisfied.
After fiddling with these for around a month and playing around w/ tips/cables/sources I've settled on -
  • stock copper cable & stock grey damper. Bought a custom silver/copper cable but after a few weeks I've gone back to stock (custom cable was too heavy & less portable with no reasonable difference in SQ). I have white/green dampers & the removal tool but I'm happy with stock so never used em.
  • Xduoo-XP2 in USB DAC mode + LGV30 (or laptop depending on what I'm doing)
  • JVC spiral dot++ tips

In the end all you need is a quality source & a tip that seals well & gives you your preferred sound signature - tons of posts here to give you ideas on what tips work but most seem to settle on spiral dots/wide bore silicon. Feel free to upgrade the cable if you want to change the look or add durability. In my case a pricey custom cable was a waste of money. I'm sure others will disagree but I don't see the need to go down that rabbit hole after my personal experience.

btw anyone on the market for a portable DAC/Amp I do recommend the xduoo XP2 with the T800. It matches very well - in USB mode it does not color the sound at all and adds a noticeable improvement in detail retrieval and balance. Can easily tell the difference going from an LGV30, which is already quite capable on its own. Just another option for anyone that isn't ready to splurge on a DAP but wants to bring out the best in the T800. Only recommend it if you plan to use it in USB or aux mode tho... BT still can't compare with hardwired SQ yet (imo BT sounds equal to V30).

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #2,258 of 5,890
hey i want to recommend you and ask for it. That you try these tips the are very dense foam tips whit the same form as the spiral dots.

I was using the spiral dots from begining and have now the same feeling as you when i try spiral dots again. The spiral dots sound compared really thin and boring. These tips keep the treble energy in a good way whiteout fatigue bass gets very low and good detailed tight and punchy. It gains a lot of thickness and resolution. Spiral dots are more airy compared to these. Now i have every time one pair of these and one pair of spiral dots in my peli case to switch

After trying these i ordered 20 of these. Give then a try for me they are excellent whit the t800. And the cost nothing

€ 1,62 26%OFF | ANJIRUI Noise isolierung schaum speicher 4,9mm schwarz oval otoplastiken langsam rebound liner für in-ohr Kopfhörer schwarz große (13,5 mm)
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2JhF9qFI

@Cevisi
Holy Crap, you were right with these foams... they definitely sound a little darker than the spiral dots ... really tames the treble down.... but jeepers h crackers the BASS!!!!
Only thing - for me these don't stay in my ears very well ... but listening to something like Welcome Home or Elixir by Sizzlebird - the sub-bass is significantly more present ... they're close to TFZ No3 in terms of rumble with them. I just keep having to re-seat them - which is a bit of a shame but my ears are funny with tips.

For the sake of $2 shipped for a couple pairs it was definitely worth a go

Oct 7, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #2,259 of 5,890
@Cevisi
Holy Crap, you were right with these foams... they definitely sound a little darker than the spiral dots ... really tames the treble down.... but jeepers h crackers the BASS!!!!
Only thing - for me these don't stay in my ears very well ... but listening to something like Welcome Home or Elixir by Sizzlebird - the sub-bass is significantly more present ... they're close to TFZ No3 in terms of rumble with them. I just keep having to re-seat them - which is a bit of a shame but my ears are funny with tips.

For the sake of $2 shipped for a couple pairs it was definitely worth a go
Yes i love this tips if they dont stay in your ear roll them and insert them und press it in your ear till the foam get his form back

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:07 PM Post #2,260 of 5,890
Yes i love this tips if they dont stay in your ear roll them and insert them und press it in your ear till the foam get his form back
Yep - will keep trying with them - but you're right ... the spiral's don't compare in terms of punch

Oct 7, 2019 at 5:24 PM Post #2,261 of 5,890
lol I know this feel. The issue with the spirals is they don't fit the T800 nozzle very well so it's harder to get a good seal. They also tend to slide around and I've had the tips fall out on several occasions. But the stock tips fit beautifully, don't slide around & seal perfectly. To me though the stock tip sound is too "v-shaped", whereas the spirals are balanced, open and airy. I fall into this sometimes where I get too focused on critical listening instead of actually enjoying the music. Eventually you'll have to settle otherwise you can never be satisfied.
After fiddling with these for around a month and playing around w/ tips/cables/sources I've settled on -
  • stock copper cable & stock grey damper. Bought a custom silver/copper cable but after a few weeks I've gone back to stock (custom cable was too heavy & less portable with no reasonable difference in SQ). I have white/green dampers & the removal tool but I'm happy with stock so never used em.
  • JVC spiral dot++ tips

In the end all you need is a quality source & a tip that seals well & gives you your preferred sound signature - tons of posts here to give you ideas on what tips work but most seem to settle on spiral dots/wide bore silicon. Feel free to upgrade the cable if you want to change the look or add durability. In my case a pricey custom cable was a waste of money. I'm sure others will disagree but I don't see the need to go down that rabbit hole after my personal experience.

btw anyone on the market for a portable DAC/Amp I do recommend the xduoo XP2 with the T800. It matches very well - in USB mode it does not color the sound at all and adds a noticeable improvement in detail retrieval and balance. Can easily tell the difference going from an LGV30, which is already quite capable on its own. Just another option for anyone that isn't ready to splurge on a DAP but wants to bring out the best in the T800. Only recommend it if you plan to use it in USB or aux mode tho... BT still can't compare with hardwired SQ yet (imo BT sounds equal to V30).
Yes the stock tips are V shaped. But I use a different cable (ISN S16) and it really tames the lows slightly while bringing the mids forward and smoothing the treble. Sounds much more balanced now. JVC maybe tooo balanced haha if not, they sound mid forward. So the stock sound great. I have tried countless of different sources including the Chord Hugo which I thought sound meh on the T800. Best source so far that I have listened to is the Tempotec Sonata IDSD plus with my Samsung S9 running poweramp and DVC on.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #2,262 of 5,890
But I had the feeling of something pressing on my lower external ear with the original ZS10. I managed to fix the ZS10 issue by using longer nozzle eartips (eg spinfits) so that the shell is elevated away from the ear. YMMV.

I had given up on Spinfits a while ago with different IEMs, never tried them again since they never sealed other earphones, but you're right, their "taller" and narrower shape helped here. Thanks!

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:09 AM Post #2,265 of 5,890
  • JVC spiral dot++ tips

I also have the Xduoo XP-2 it's great to know that the T800 works great with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back