AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 26, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #3,093 of 5,890
Quick comparison of the Audiosense T800 Vs Fidue Sirius A91.

Lows
The Fidue Sirius A91 has the more balanced low end. They are quick, detailed and very nicely textured. The more reference tuning out of the two. Extension is great as well but I found the sub bass to be slightly lacking some oomph on certain songs. The T800 has the more sub and mid bass. It kicks harder, rumbles harder and also extends much lower. Tightness is very close, and was hard to pick but I feel the Sirius A91 might have a slight edge here. Just slightly but the T800 has better texture, detail and extension.

Mids.
The Fidue Sirius A91 has the slightly more forward mids, they are crystal clear on both male and female vocals. I felt the A91 had slightly more thickness on both male and female vocals. Detail is great here and due to the vocals being a bit more forward, they really stand out in the music. But on some certain songs where vocals have been mastared in a way of being forward. I did find that instruments became slightly blured out and put in the back where vocals take the lead. The T800 I felt never did this, you could focus on the vocals and instruments at the same time. Maybe due to having 4ba for mids? I also found the T800 to have the better instrument separation and detail. I have yet to find vocals that are so smooth and clear but yet hyper detailed like the T800. The T800 are truly effortless. But in some songs, I did want vocals just to be slightly more forward, but that is a nit pick, I never found vocals too be lacking. And thickness is great.

Treble.
The Fidue Sirius A91 has a very nice, sparkly yet smooth treble. But I do feel it rolls off a bit in the upper/higher treble. The treble is never offensive and truly it is a iem that could be listened to all day long. But in some certain songs, I did wish there was a bit more energy up top. Yet the treble is great and has a lot of detail so it never sounds boring. The T800 has that slightly more elevated treble and has much more extension for sure. Detail is crazy as well and energy is great. It is smooth but after longer listening sessions and can become a bit fatiguing. I personally prefer the treble in the T800 as it gives the mids and lows extra air and energy overall. The T800 is a detail monster.

Imaging.
The Fidue A91 has insanely good imaging. It's very precise and pin point accurate. I can not fault it at all. It is as good as the T800. They both wow me with how the imaging is.

Soundstage.
I found the Sirius A91 to have a bit more soundstage in width and height. The T800 has more depth. They both are very close. I find the T800 has the right amount of soundstage though, as it lets the details shine. But the A91 does sound very nice in specific songs.

Detail.
T800 hands down. Lows, mids and highs. It's crazy how much detail they can pull out of songs. But this comes down to how well the song has been mastered and the quality of the file. If it isnt a well mastered song or file, it sounds close to any other iem.

Build.
Honestly it's no contest. The Fidue Sirius A91 is a beautifully built iem. It is light and yet feels so solid with it's metal build. The T800 are great though. Even though it is 3D printed resin. It is light, comfortable and sturdy and won't break easily. But I feel much much much more secure with the A91.

Comfort goes to the T800. The T800 fit my ears like a soft glove. It's perfect. But the A91 are extremely comfortable as well. It's hard to pick, but I feel the T800 for me.

Isolation also goes to the T800 due to the great fit. The A91 has a slightly more shallow fit.

Price to performance.
You can decide :wink:. T800 is insane value for money. Many people consider the Fidue Sirius A91 as end game. That says a lot about the T800. Now it just depends if you like a more reference tuning or slightly more U shaped.

My pick. It's hard. They both are honestly great iems. I do like a bit of a more fun, energetic sound. So I think the T800. But damn the A91 is so good as well.

But considering the T800 are 300 USD and the Sirius A91 are 899 USD. T800 is for sure my go too.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2019 at 1:20 AM Post #3,094 of 5,890
Any further news/details on the hybrid flagship? Im seriously anxious waiting for news on this. Im not the type at all to buy blind, without waiting for a ton of reviews, but i somehwhat did with the t800, and if the specs and driver details with a hybrid sound right, and the price isnt ridiculous, i may be an even earlier adopter. The t800 really is amazing for the price, throwing in a properly implemented dynamic driver, maybe DLC or such, would be just insane. Come one audiosense i believe in you!

Dec 27, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #3,095 of 5,890
According to Audiosense the tripple hybrid will launch 7-8 January.
Got no new info about the hybrid flagship...
Any further news/details on the hybrid flagship? Im seriously anxious waiting for news on this. Im not the type at all to buy blind, without waiting for a ton of reviews, but i somehwhat did with the t800, and if the specs and driver details with a hybrid sound right, and the price isnt ridiculous, i may be an even earlier adopter. The t800 really is amazing for the price, throwing in a properly implemented dynamic driver, maybe DLC or such, would be just insane. Come one audiosense i believe in you!

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #3,096 of 5,890
Have anyone tried to put a little bit of cotton in the nozzle at the top or the grey default filter? Because it really has smoothened the trebles even more, making the 4k peak much less aggressive and also surprisingly widened a little bit the soundstage. Now i can crank up a little bit of more volume and get more soundstage, a soundstage really close to my A6 (but the A6 is still wider). I really recommend you guys trying this since it's only putting a bit of cotton on the top of the nozzle, so it's reversible; it didn't change the timbre or anything in special, it has only tamed down some treble peak frequencies.

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #3,097 of 5,890
Have anyone tried to put a little bit of cotton in the nozzle at the top or the grey default filter? Because it really has smoothened the trebles even more, making the 4k peak much less aggressive and also surprisingly widened a little bit the soundstage. Now i can crank up a little bit of more volume and get more soundstage, a soundstage really close to my A6 (but the A6 is still wider). I really recommend you guys trying this since it's only putting a bit of cotton on the top of the nozzle, so it's reversible; it didn't change the timbre or anything in special, it has only tamed down some treble peak frequencies.
Do you have both the T800 and the a6? Is the a6 more detailed than the T800?

Dec 29, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #3,098 of 5,890
Do you have both the T800 and the a6? Is the a6 more detailed than the T800?
I don't think that the A6 is more detailed than T800 in terms of how many things i can hear in the instruments and things like that, i would say really close to equal, because they present the music a little bit different. However, i do aggre that the A6 sounds noticeably clearer than the T800, which i think it's because of the electro piezo driver working for this department. I think that the T800 sound warmish if we compare it to the A6. The A6 sounds noticeably more open than T800, but with this cotton mod, the difference has been narrowed down. Everything sounds closer with the T800 than A6, i would say that A6 has a little bit more instrument separation. It's kinda hard to judge which is better, because they have different sound approachments, but both of them excels at their category, specially with the cotton mod, and that's why i recommend it, because it oppened my eyes again for the T800. Overall my impressions are that T800 has thicker and better quality mids than A6, and A6 has more quality treble and i also preffer the timbre of the DD bass than BA's.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #3,099 of 5,890
I’m considering the t800 as an upgrade for my ie80 - is this a crazy idea or could they really provide some added detail in the mids without sacrificing on the low end? Any other suggestions very welcome.

Also I am in the U.K. and these are only available via Ali express or eBay- is it safe to get these from eBay or is it quite likely I will end up with fakes?

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #3,100 of 5,890
I’m considering the t800 as an upgrade for my ie80 - is this a crazy idea or could they really provide some added detail in the mids without sacrificing on the low end? Any other suggestions very welcome.

Also I am in the U.K. and these are only available via Ali express or eBay- is it safe to get these from eBay or is it quite likely I will end up with fakes?
i will suggest you to wait a bit for Moondrop Blessing 2 impressions, it measures better and it is around the same price (20$ more), 5 driver hybrid

Dec 29, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #3,101 of 5,890
i will suggest you to wait a bit for Moondrop Blessing 2 impressions, it measures better and it is around the same price (20$ more), 5 driver hybrid

Are these the new iems mentioned above that should be releasing on 7th jan? I’m tempted to buy the t800 from the official audiosense store on aliexpress as seems they do 30 days return guarantee, or is this a bad idea?

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #3,103 of 5,890
no Moondrop is another brand that is popular
you can get the T800 if you want but they are bright, have no idea if you like that

Ah ok, I had a look at the response curve for the moon drop blessing 1 and the low end looks like it may not pack enough impact for me, ideally I still want similar bass impact as possible - is this likely to be improved with the 2?

Dec 29, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #3,104 of 5,890
Ah ok, I had a look at the response curve for the moon drop blessing 1 and the low end looks like it may not pack enough impact for me, ideally I still want similar bass impact as possible - is this likely to be improved with the 2?
Yes wait for the blessing 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back