AUDIOSENSE in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #2,866 of 5,890
AWESOME! I listen straight out of my V30+ in regular mode and I think it sounds great. I have an ES100 I need to try the T800 on, someday soon. I felt exactly as you do and I was able to get my V30+ in Auxiliary mode for several IEMs and the funny thing is, I preferred the sound in normal mode. I could not trick my phone into staying in 50-600 ohm high impedance mode. It would always fall back into Auxiliary mode which for you unfamiliar is essentially "medium" mode. Then reading on the V30 thread, a user recently tested the V30 in different modes and found much more distortion in HIM (high impedance mode). Quite honestly, the T800 are not that hard to get loud since they are all BAs, and I know extra power available can improve dynamics though these IEMs are so chiseled, I don't know how much percent (I know people hate estimating I percentages) you'll gain doing the LG dance or changing DAP (DAC/AMP). The bass sounds great and controlled for what I listen to. I know these comments are gonna get me kicked out of the T800 "cool" club but I'm still enjoying the crap out of these IEMs straight out of the V30+.

When I get time I'll compare against my Opus 1S (if this is considered a good DAP? I'll have to check output impedance as its been awhile since using it) to see if there's a real improvement. Well at least enough to motivate me to upgrade something. I can also check them out on the ES100 balanced since that device seems to have a collective approval.

LG was so close on this one and tried to make this phone too user friendly!

Oh mate don't worry. You think that going to get you kicked out of the "Cool club" for enjoying the T800 with your LG V30+? Nahh. I enjoy the T800 with my Samsung S9 alone haha. And I'm pretty sure the LG V30+ sounds better than a Samsung S9 haha :D. Loving music is loving music, so be it from a crappy speaker, a neighbours house or being kicked out from the bar/nightclub because you were being to wild but you still enjoy the thumping bass from outside. That's what music is ultimately about :D

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:23 PM Post #2,867 of 5,890
Oh mate don't worry. You think that going to get you kicked out of the "Cool club" for enjoying the T800 with your LG V30+? Nahh. I enjoy the T800 with my Samsung S9 alone haha. And I'm pretty sure the LG V30+ sounds better than a Samsung S9 haha :D. Loving music is loving music, so be it from a crappy speaker, a neighbours house or being kicked out from the bar/nightclub because you were being to wild but you still enjoy the thumping bass from outside. That's what music is ultimately about :D

Beautifully said - Amen to that :handshake:

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #2,868 of 5,890
Thanks for your words of encouragement man. And sorry for the sarcasm.. It was just that I bought the Rose Masyas Pro with custom colour which arrived today and which sound really smooth, punchy and enjoyable, yet they are too big for my ear canals and hurt after a short while, which is a pity. Then the odyssey as described above when I just wanted to buy a solid IEM and listen casually.. I always choose the products I buy carefully (or so I think), then it's quite disappointing tbh when you put so much effort and research work in it and it doesn't result in a minimum of satisfaction. So, I guess I just let the pairing surprise me, maybe it's not that bad after all. Got all the stuff ordered anyway (not the amp though, lol). Cheers.
I second the fact that T800 just need low impedance and it can come from crappy source whatever they will sound amazing. Sure it will sound better with non-crappy source, but distortion or unbalanced sound can happen even with high end source if impedance too high. T800 did not benefit high output amping.

Dec 2, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #2,869 of 5,890
Any news on the Hybrid?

I asked an audiosense rep on AE a few days ago about the AQ3 hybrid, they said they are finetuning the nozzle sizing/length. And it should be releasing over next few weeks once they fix the nozzle issue.
But as previously stated, they are inclined to release it to the China domestic market first, with only limited sets reserved for Western customers. Though you can contact them to be a first adopter in the West, they said they can work out a first adopter discount for westerners.

I'm quite happy with the T800, will probably give this a miss, unless they release some flagship next year that is better than the T800.

Dec 3, 2019 at 9:01 AM Post #2,870 of 5,890
man, bad luck this week.

Looks like the V12 seller flaked out on me. The guy was talking to me before I placed the order, then after placing he went completely silent... for over 2 days. Not cool. So I cancelled the order and the guy now has 2 days to respond.
Then the shanling UP4 arrived. Compared to the 9038S it isn't even a contest. The 9038S SMOKES UP4. After about 30 minutes of listening I'm ready to return the damn thing. It made me realize just how good the 9038S is... it's too bad I have EMI issue otherwise it would be an end-game for me. I can easily put up w/ all of its other quirks. Wonder what sort of DIY tricks I can do to deal w/ the EMI. Clip-on ferrite chokes didn't work unfortunately. Maybe I should wrap the cable in foil lol.
Oh well, back at square one. I'm searching for other good deals on a TOTL IEM but coming up empty. If anyone has any suggestions on an IEM in the $1k or less range that would be a clear upgrade over the T800 I'm willing to consider it. Hybrids seem to be getting popular lately.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #2,871 of 5,890
man, bad luck this week.

Looks like the V12 seller flaked out on me. The guy was talking to me before I placed the order, then after placing he went completely silent... for over 2 days. Not cool. So I cancelled the order and the guy now has 2 days to respond.
Then the shanling UP4 arrived. Compared to the 9038S it isn't even a contest. The 9038S SMOKES UP4. After about 30 minutes of listening I'm ready to return the damn thing. It made me realize just how good the 9038S is... it's too bad I have EMI issue otherwise it would be an end-game for me. I can easily put up w/ all of its other quirks. Wonder what sort of DIY tricks I can do to deal w/ the EMI. Clip-on ferrite chokes didn't work unfortunately. Maybe I should wrap the cable in foil lol.
Oh well, back at square one. I'm searching for other good deals on a TOTL IEM but coming up empty. If anyone has any suggestions on an IEM in the $1k or less range that would be a clear upgrade over the T800 I'm willing to consider it. Hybrids seem to be getting popular lately.

Hi Hisma, I honestly have been reading over this back and forth and I have tried so hard to think of something but honestly it's extremely hard to. By you saying "Completely smokes" what pops up in my mind is iems that will smoke your wallet..... An iem that honestly impressed me was the Vision Ears Erlkonig but that is insanely pricey.. I'd say try out the Fearless Audio S8f or Moondrop A8 but honestly the T800 for me personally still does some things better than those, so they arent even considered upgrades, more like compliments for the T800. Honestly, I'd say why not try an iem that is different to the T800? If you really want to smoke the T800 reality is, you'd have to be prepared for some crazy prices. Instead of spending big dollars on an iem, maybe save up and go for a headphone :D ?

Dec 5, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #2,873 of 5,890
Screenshot_20191206-063517_Poweramp.jpg
Screenshot_20191206-063522_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20191206-063507_Poweramp.jpg

So I have discovered something which is pretty damn awesome for owners of the E1DA 9038s. I found this on poweramp but you may have it on other music apps as well. If you go to replay gain settings on poweramp. And you activate it. You can drop the replay gain (Volume by -16db) which is basically what iem mode does on the 9038s.... What this means if you are listening at 50% it will be -16db of what that 50% volume truly is. So this means if you have the replay gain set to -16db. You can use the other 3 modes of the 9038s without blasting your ear drums. It will basically be like iem mode but now able to use the other 3 modes. And damn those other 3 modes are crazy good. Just letting you know iem mode will sound much much lower in volume as it will total up to around -30db. Try it out, but be very very careful not to accidently put + db.

MASSIVE UPDATE!!!!!

Performance mode is F#CK%NG INSANE. I am listening at 48% so with the -16db RP gain it is even lower in volume than iem mode. BUT HOLLY SH!!!T DOES IT SOUND AMAZING. Clarity through the ROOF!!! Low end has became much tighter, extremely punchy. Mids are crystal clear. Extremely CLEAR!!! This is WOW!! Mids get a boost in this mode which seriously pairs amazingly with the T800. I think iem mode is gone now. Performance mode is my go to. Better than the Fiio Q5s!!!! Hands down in sq. Soundstage, imaging and separation is next level. This is truly impressive. Please try it.

So go into settings. Look for audio. Then replay gain. Then set the two gains down to -16db.

UPDATE 2!!!.

Low end on the T800 is GODLY <3. Why didn't I discover this earlier. It actually sounds like the T800 are being driven truly the way they should be. IEM mode was great. But damn, I'm back to JVC eartips and the low is pumping hard and the mids are sooooooooo clear. Details are showing amazingly well. Apparently what Performance mode does is elimanate that sabre hump and also enhance harmonics or something like that. But it honestly sounds really amazing. I am hearing a fair bit more detail compared to iem mode. And texture in the low is is intense. I honestly should be asleep as it is 7:03AM here in Australia and I havent slept at all yet. But I been so busy messing around with poweramp I am so glad I did.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #2,875 of 5,890
I think you are experiencing the fact that those knowles BAs take a ton more power than people give them. Excellent

You know what, you may be right. This mode is using up my battery quicker compared to iem mode. But damn it sounds so good. I for once have truly experienced it now. The T800 seriously need power. But wow. I am honestly mind blown on how good it sounds. I think I might have to update my review. I am not certain if it's the 9038s doing this, or the extra power making the T800 really shine. But all I know is it's addictive. It's 7:40am, I havent slept, and I'm still hear listening. I AM HOOKED.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #2,877 of 5,890
Hi Hisma, I honestly have been reading over this back and forth and I have tried so hard to think of something but honestly it's extremely hard to. By you saying "Completely smokes" what pops up in my mind is iems that will smoke your wallet..... An iem that honestly impressed me was the Vision Ears Erlkonig but that is insanely pricey.. I'd say try out the Fearless Audio S8f or Moondrop A8 but honestly the T800 for me personally still does some things better than those, so they arent even considered upgrades, more like compliments for the T800. Honestly, I'd say why not try an iem that is different to the T800? If you really want to smoke the T800 reality is, you'd have to be prepared for some crazy prices. Instead of spending big dollars on an iem, maybe save up and go for a headphone :D ?
Expensive headphones aren't a good buy for me. I don't like being chained to a desk. I have a HD6xx w/ a xduoo TA-10 and don't have any desire to go any higher... I enjoy an IEM music experience much more and I get to take it everywhere I go with me :D.
So after the v12 fell through I decided I don't want to go w/ another BA set... I want to go w/ a high-end hybrid. I went around in circles for a while until I discovered the shuoer EJ07. BGGAR recently did a review on it and loved it, and from the little bits i've been able to find it's a special set. It's supposed to be an improved version of the Roland (several Roland reviews complain about muddy highs... fearless must have screwed up their estate implementation somehow). Anyway the EJ07 has a 10mm DD for low end, dual BA for mids and quad sonion e-stat for highs. Worried about QC as tapes seem to be failing left & right, but since I live in China I'm less worried as returns should be less hassle for me.
Also the EJ07s are "made to order", so I likely won't have it any time soon. Though as soon as I do get it, I'll compare it to the T800 for sure.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #2,878 of 5,890
...But damn it sounds so good. I for once have truly experienced it now. The T800 seriously need power. But wow. I am honestly mind blown on how good it sounds...

I am not certain if it's the 9038s doing this, or the extra power making the T800 really shine

We’ve tried telling people that, but there’s some people that are just hellbent on plugging the T800 directly into some random crap phone, and then throwing the T800 under the bus because “it has bloated bass and sounds distorted”.

4210C261-93A4-4398-BD89-098D1540C87C.jpeg

Dec 5, 2019 at 9:29 PM Post #2,879 of 5,890
We’ve tried telling people that, but there’s some people that are just hellbent on plugging the T800 directly into some random crap phone, and then throwing the T800 under the bus because “it has bloated bass and sounds distorted”.

It's true. The T800 seriously need JUICE!!!

But it's crazy to me how I thought on iem mode with the 9038s sounded great. But I don't know what it is in performance mode... Is the 9038s giving more power to the T800? Is it the enhanced harmonics it does? I don't know, but the T800 are on a whole different level now. Maybe it's that 1W of power being pushed into them..... Does iem mode limit the amount of power or just decrease the volume???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back