Audioquests new Dragonfly Cobalt @TTVJAudio.com
Aug 3, 2019 at 5:20 PM Post #121 of 155
If you have a usbc connector on the device I could see it breaking off quite easily and would be even less suited to portable use. At least with a dongle it's flexible and only that breaks not the unit itself. Realistically A usb c connector is not practical for this type of device.

a lot of us just want better sound on our laptops when traveling too, where USB-C is less of a risk as its not in my pocket, but yeah for phone users I guess I would want a dongle, but I don't use it for my phone so eh.

Aug 4, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #128 of 155
Sorry, but that‘s definitively not Russian. Something Slavic, yes, probably one of the former Yugoslavian countries...
Well some people are russian to buy theirs

Aug 4, 2019 at 9:10 AM Post #130 of 155
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #133 of 155
How is that going to work for a "Usb-c" Dragonfly to a Lightning device? I don't get it.
My idea was to ditch the dongle form-factor entirely.

So it wouldn’t be a tiny stick with a male USB-A protruding from one end, but a tiny stick with a more traditional female USB-C port on one end. USB-C is small enough for the application, and more robust than Micro-USB, so that’s why I suggested C.

It would make for a simpler, cleaner integration with most devices... And again, AQ could still make “tail” cables for the device.

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #134 of 155
@Todd the dragonfly cobalt just arrived today in mail for review. I have it sitting on my shelf for next two days, too busy with my thesis to review it, but my thesis is due august 14th. so only 2 day delay. when its time to send it to the next person for review Todd just email me or PM me on here. how long has everyone been getting on usual? will post my thoughts here once it is all done.

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #135 of 155
My Cobalt don't switch to yellow light when I play 88.2kHz flac files. Red does. It switch to light blue when I play 96kHz files. Can it be a software issue with USB Audio Player Pro?

Edit. Took a closer look at my Windows PC and it does switch color but it looks more like light green than yellow. Much easier to se the difference on DragonFly Red.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back