AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk
Jan 27, 2017 at 9:01 AM Post #106 of 2,528
I don't think I stated it was terrible. I think I said it wasn't good for me as I found bass to take the upper hand. If you do quote me, please quote me correctly :wink:

"[COLOR=333333]The [/COLOR]Chord Mojo[COLOR=333333] surprisingly wasn’t a good match to the NightHawk [/COLOR][COLOR=333333]to my ears[/COLOR][COLOR=333333], as it resulted in a thick dark sound where bass got the best of it."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]We all have different opinions and preferences. What I don't like you might, and the other way around. But the NightOwl, well.... that one simply rocks.[/COLOR]

Yes it does! My new favorite of all time. Nightowl :notes:

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:55 AM Post #107 of 2,528
 I think the Mojo + NH paring is one of the better parings out there.

Both extended at the extremes with a warm sound. Both have a British type type that old school warm sound with plenty of resolution. 

Jan 28, 2017 at 12:29 AM Post #118 of 2,528

Nightowls First Impressions = These are Nucking Futs

Right out of the box they sound insane!!! (Sooooo much better than my Mr. Speakers Ether C's did.) Sooooo much better...At the time I thought they were amazing...Until I heard my Nighthawks...With ZERO burn-in, they're fabulous..They're just gonna keep getting better & better too...

Compared to my Nighthawks...Equally as magical!!! Just so much more fun to listen to music with Nighthawks/Nightowls. My Wife likes the Nightowls better...Wonder why. Haha

Easily the most UNDERRATED headphones in the game IMO...If you're on the fence...DON'T HESITATE!

More details later...Gnight

Jan 28, 2017 at 7:18 PM Post #120 of 2,528
From a post I made in the Nighthawk + Nightowl thread...

I've got a pair of Nightowls in to play around with for awhile. When I heard them at RMAF, I wasn't quite sold on them to be honest. I'm glad I've got the chance to test them out in my own home for a bit. My mind has been changed. They're great. I need to play around with pad swapping a bit more, with a focus on comparing them to Nighthawks. Then I'll finalize my thoughts and commit them to the Web to live forever on. In the meantime, let me just say that I wholeheartedly recommend Nightowls for those who're in the market for a natural sounding closed headphone, one you listen to for extended periods workout fatigue but not feel like you're missing out on a high-fidelity experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back