AudioQuest NightOwl - A closed-back NightHawk
Nov 21, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #46 of 2,528
The Jot balanced really tightens up the bass and makes bass easier to follow through the music. NH sounds great out of my Fiio X7 as well, but the bass is a bit fuzzier. I am getting a balanced cable for the x7 and wondering how it will affect the sound.

Nov 21, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #48 of 2,528
Yes they are very good with the Jotun. 
beerchug.gif

Please don't change your avatar... every time I see it I feel compelled to throw on TRTRTS - which is a very good thing!
beerchug.gif

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #50 of 2,528
  It will be available on Amazon. I'll let you guys know as soon as it's live.

Will the pads and cable be available through dealers in Canada when they're released?

Nov 21, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #51 of 2,528
  Will the pads and cable be available through dealers in Canada when they're released?

They are available to our dealers, but it is up to them to stock them. Typically, these are the types of things that dealers don't want to stock since they could sit on their shelves or in the warehouses forever.

Contact info@audioquest.com after Dec 1, and I know we can figure out how to help you.

Nov 26, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #54 of 2,528
Thought you guys might be interested in this post I made in the main Nighthawks thread...

Wow, this thread is moving quick!

Here's a video I uploaded to my YouTube channel with a sneak peek at the new cable and pads. I also throw in the Brainwavz HM5 angled pleather and velour pads for comparison. Yes, it's been a long time coming, but it's finally here. Enjoy!

P.S., I freaking love Nighthawks!!!

Nov 27, 2016 at 4:48 PM Post #57 of 2,528
Did anyone hear these yet?

Yes, I got a sneak peek at RMAF this year and dropped some brief impressions in the thread. Search the thread by username, and you should find the post.

Some of my recent posts over in the main Nighthawks thread are relevant, as well.

And Tyll from innerfidelity was right behind me in line to try Nightowl at RMAF, so you can check his site for impressions, as well...

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:06 PM Post #58 of 2,528
Yes, I got a sneak peek at RMAF this year and dropped some brief impressions in the thread. Search the thread by username, and you should find the post.

Some of my recent posts over in the main Nighthawks thread are relevant, as well.

And Tyll from innerfidelity was right behind me in line to try Nightowl at RMAF, so you can check his site for impressions, as well...

Did the Nighthawk with aq velour sound similar to the nightowl to you?

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:14 PM Post #60 of 2,528
From memory, yes. Closer than Nighthawks with AQ Pleathers anyways. I'd have to have both in non-show conditions to verify, though. I'm liking forward to giving Nightowls another listen!

Curious if the nightowl with Pleather sounds like the hawks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back